TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4.6L valve covers

robertlane

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice, is the finish smooth or rough? Reason being that since mine is a DD, I would have to wipe it down because of dust/dirt getting on it from daily use and if it is a rough surface it may be kind of hard to clean. I agree with many that the lettering on these covers ought to be way bigger, yes different colors (red) would be cool too.

Number 2; charge those who want them customized with their CSM# more.

I'm sure SA wouldn't mind adding these to the catalog and offer them to ALL 3V owners just like in the good ol' days when folks bought them and slap them on their non Shelby 289's (which can still be done today). More volume = lower cost per unit.

Oh, and the title of this thread says '4.6L valve covers' not SGT valve covers.....

I agree, I like #2 as well, the print on Rob's prototype looks to small to me. But I am glad to see something coming.

I also like the idea of powder coating them blue, then add a silver sripe over the top of them with

a Shelby Gt script on them also.

Doesn't Ford Racing Performance Products/FRPP already offer a Ford Racing Blue cam cover for the 4.6L?

I'm pretty sure they do...

You could buy them and add your own logo/script easy enough if that's what you wanted. No reason for Shelby to make something already offered, IMHO.

I think the Shelby wrinkle Black covers are BITCHIN' (showing my age) as they are. I wish there was something for us 5.4L guys & gals.

Waiting with baited breath,

Phill

Chris, excellent point. All 4.6L powered vehicles were built under the SAI banner, not SA.

But then you're limiting them to Shelby buyers rather than the general public.

I don't own a 4.6L but if I did, I'd MUCH rather have the Shelby AMERICAN logo on it as a nastalgic offering.

When I was a kid living in Venice Califronia (1962-1966) I used to run around the industrial complex where Shelby AMERICAN cars were made.

Shelby AMERICAN is the legacy, not Shelby AUTOMOBILES Inc...... In my humble opinion (IMHO), of course.

Phill

^I like Enis' #3 idea a lot. CSM option would be sweet, but pricey I'm sure.

I'm very eager to see what the race version looks like. I assume this will be a newly constructed cam cover, as opposed to using an OEM cover (plus powdercoat and etching) like the one pictured above. Other 'off-road' or 'race' cam covers I've seen seem to lack the internal baffling and PCV valve that the OEM covers have. Will the Shelby version be the same?

Regardless, I'd like for the etching to cover more of the cam cover personally. And I'd really like to see a newly designed (less awkwardly shaped) cam cover similar to the Moroso aluminum cover but with a big Shelby stamp on it. Thanks for the sneak peek Robert.

I agree with Enis & Ken. Shelby GT on Top, Powered By FORD on bottom with option for you to put in your CSM #. A combo like that would be sweet!

Dave

I agree with Enis & Ken. Shelby GT on Top, Powered By FORD on bottom with option for you to put in your CSM #. A combo like that would be sweet!

Dave

Quote from Robert

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

I'll check on some of these questions, but I can put some to rest now.

1. We won't use Cobra on these.

2. We also won't use powered by ford.

maybe licensing?

I would like to see an option for blue finish. I would prefer a smooth finish as cleaning could be difficult with a rough/textured finish.

The Script and logo I think would look better a bit larger. Also, positioned in the center or toward the front of the engine.

CSM# would be nice as an option, but shouldn't be a requirement. That would help keep cost down and still appeal to non Shelby GT owners.

Quote from Robert

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

I'll check on some of these questions, but I can put some to rest now.

1. We won't use Cobra on these.

2. We also won't use powered by ford.

maybe licensing?

Sorry Larry, missed that info from Robert.

I like 'em.

I'd prefer them in Ford Racing Blue but the black works for me to. I like the Shelby GT lettering since the 4.6 is in all SGTs. Anybody with a regular Mustang could have the plain Shelby lettering.

There's my 2 cents.

We will absolutely do a Shelby Automobiles one - it's the legacy of the Shelby GT as well as many others too. Nothing says that we can't make a few different versions though :)

Great! I'm interested now. I think the name change to Shelby American was a great idea, but as others have mentioned, my Shelby says Shelby Automobiles, so I would want to match that. Thanks Robert!

Archived