TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Back to our little piece of nowhere!

DubbsFaris

Boy am I ready to go.....

I'm tired of this dirty old city.

Entirely too much work and never enough play.

And I'm tired of these dirty old sidewalks.

Think I'll walk off my steady job today.

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of ____________.

And gimme all I got comin' to me,

And keep your retirement and your so called social security.

Big City turn me loose and set me free.

Been working everyday since I was twenty.

Haven't got a thing to show for anything I've done.

There's folks who never work and they've got plenty.

Think it's time some guys like me had some fun.

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of ___________.

And gimme all I got comin' to me,

And keep your retirement and your so called social security.

Big City turn me loose and set me free.

Amen brother

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago, former San Antonio congressman Henry Bonilla managed to stick some "pork" in a major bill that was passed. What was this little extra $1.2 million dollar provision you ask.

As you may know, FM 170 runs from Study Butte thru Terlingua and the resort of Lajitas to Redford and Presideo. It is an incrdibly beautiful and scenic road with steep drop offs and lots of dips, hills and turns. Was that money for new and better guard rails? No. Was it to shore up areas of dangerous falling rock? No.

It was to re-route FM 170 AROUND Lajitas. Apparently Steve Smith and Former Rep. Bonilla had some kind of deal. Once Smith lost Lajitas in bankruptcy and Bonilla lost his re-election bid the project stalled. But the funds had already been approved and, according to Federal law, could not be spent on anything else. It has never happened before that a funded project was no-longer going to happen so nobody knew what to do about the money. Texas had to pass a special, specific law to allow the money to be diverted to "the most pressing need of Brewster county"

Well, the multi-panther tale would make a more exciting BlipToon, no?

Well...

....got interested in the Goat Mayor stuff and was wondering what type of "Terlingua vehicle" would be used

to move around "his honor?" :headscratch::dance::hysterical3:

Panthers will have to wait for the next one, plus there are still a few pending things for TPS... ;)

(Finally finished a big 911 GT3 RS doodle--been working on that one for a long time.)

Well...

....got interested in the Goat Mayor stuff and was wondering what type of "Terlingua vehicle" would be used

to move around "his honor?" :headscratch::dance::hysterical3:

Panthers will have to wait for the next one, plus there are still a few pending things for TPS... ;)

(Finally finished a big 911 GT3 RS doodle--been working on that one for a long time.)

Hey Blip,

Sounds awesome like all you do especially including the great TPS stuff!!! Thanks.

Whatever you doodle for his honor will no doubt get his goat! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

VB

Rumor has it that a "special" rallye Terlingua truck was made to take Mayor Clay Henry, the 1st, to public events...

...it may also be the reason why Clay II had to take over the mayor's job so soon.

(This s just a rough pencil doodle I messed with this afternoon--not sure if I'll make a finished version.)

Changed a 67 fastback to a lil' UTE.

Pencil01.jpg

Yea, we worked it that way with the Sheriff. We told him he could have all the non-Shelbys he could ticket. hysterical.gif

Moral of that is: Dont bring a Nissan to a Shelby event.

Jeezzzzz, I'm out of town for a few days at a race and I start getting bashed!!! :slapfight::redcard::doh:

It's all good! I'll just go sit in a corner and :cry:

Luv ya! :)

Hey Blip - his honor looks a little anxious :hysterical:

Thanks. :D

It might just be that on that last jump, he got a peek into the future, and saw that there was soon gonna be a Clay Henry II as mayor. :hysterical:

Archived