TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For Sale 2008 Shelby Terlingua

turnsignaldelete

I would like to think that I am a true Terlingua enthusiast (thank you SPRSNK), and have dedicated a lot of time and effort to take notice of each of the differences in these cars, since they are all hand built, and with that not a single one is the same as the one next to it, no matter color, or year.

Jeff

This is a great point. Even if they were the same at from the factory, at any given moment in time in the future, they will be different specifically because they are owned by enthusiasts that most likely are going to mod the hell out of them and then drive the wheels off.

For example, mathematical equation #1: 2.8 pulley + Jon Lund tune = Supercharger back to Paxton for seals and bearings. This is after the Stacy factor! :slapfight: I stand by the statement, "I am not a wrench” Just a victim. The car is killer fast though and sooooo much fun.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curtis,

Here's why your big splash in this little pond holds no validity with me.

You said a year ago that you were a "closet case Terlingua enthusiast", yet a year later your ready to cut the car loose.

This is a concerning factor with some of us being that your car is now becoming a "Door Knob" everyone is getting their turn, not many want a car with a paper trail of misc owners.

IF you were at Mid America, I never saw the car, and nor did I meet you (of course I was very busy that whole week), and on the same note, haven't seen you at any other get together with the car, and believe me there have been a lot, and like The 500 Vert said there are quite a few of those get together's.

You clam to be connected and know these number's yet, they are wrong, the references to people and there cars are known here IE: the alloy car that you knew through Quantum, is the same one that the referenced "Lady Owner" has, that her husband drives.

Since you stated it, and if you really knew and are trying to sell the car, then please make a formal post in the TS Garage so we can decide if we want it or not, at minimum, let us help find it a good home.

That is kinda why the OP came in here was help finding his bunny a good home.

And if it isn't in a digital format it really isn't the truth? David has dedicated a lot of time and effort into keeping tabs on these lil Foo Foo's and each vehicle's options, build dates, deliveries, historical anomalies, and whatnots, we would all be far more inclined to lean on him for collective data than anyone.

I guess what I'm saying is,IF you are and enthusiast, then show me something a little different than what I'm seeing, cause I'm not getting a real warm fuzzy feeling here about your particular ownership with the car.

The internet is two dimensional, the above stated is a personal opinion, and does not reflect the opinions of the other Terlingua owners unless they see something they agree with, these are my words and thoughts.

I'm am trying to be as polite as possible while getting my personal point across, how you decide to take these comments above after this statement is purely based on you.

I would like to think that I am a true Terlingua enthusiast (thank you SPRSNK), and have dedicated a lot of time and effort to take notice of each of the differences in these cars, since they are all hand built, and with that not a single one is the same as the one next to it, no matter color, or year.

Jeff

Your results may vary, batteries not included, warranty void after reading this.

Jeff,

Not sure what you mean by big splash in a little pond, nor am I clear why you're being so personal but

- the post you referred to above ("Closet ...enthusiast") was not mine it was jerseygator's, i simply responded to it.

- I did not say I was connect either, i said i spoke to someone that was, or claimed to be, he's been involved in building these, so he seemed credible. I just said what i had heard as far as 22, i did not say it was gospel. I'm glad to know the real amount now from David

- I've been to mid America three times, but since i lived in Chicago I flew out just to be there, just because i love this hobby and i love much more about it than just the Terlingua cars

- I didn’t not mention the Quantum car, at least not this week, someone else did, but on that note I did talk to Glenn several times last year about buying his, but my wife really wanted a black one

- David and i have spoken many times (mostly over email) and there is no doubt he's knowledgeable, probably the most and a joy to talk to. If he says it I believe it.

- The only reason i mentioned on this post that i might be interested in selling mine was because someone on this very website was upset when a previous Terlingua went on eBay that the seller did not at least alert this crowd first, so as a courtesy i was doing that. i guess a big mistake on my part.

All,

I remain ready and willing to assist with Terlingua car stats, information, whatever I can provide is yours for the asking if I know it. I have a good record of all the Terlingua cars and owners I have personally, as an enthusiast, spoken with which is most. One or two I just know from others who provided me basic info.

There is allot of unique oddities of note, odd break colors for excample on the first two and some prototypes. Fascias that vary, stripping colors that vary, etc.

If you are curious just ask.

Vorpl8@yahoo.com

I am also the registrar for this model and would very much appreciate any updates from owners. If you have an unregistered Terlingua, please contact me, If you make changes to your Terlingua/upgrades please enter them in the registry or contact me. In this capacity I can also provide information that i have available as a registrar and that I can verify officially.

Thanks all these are fun cars and yes this is all there will be.

David

For example, mathematical equation #1: 2.8 pulley + Jon Lund tune = Supercharger back to Paxton for seals and bearings. This is after the Stacy factor! :slapfight: I stand by the statement, "I am not a wrench” Just a victim. The car is killer fast though and sooooo much fun.

You help a guy out and get thrown under the bus! He is just scared Gladys will find out that he broke her Bunny! :rant2:

You help a guy out and get thrown under the bus! He is just scared Gladys will find out that he broke her Bunny! :rant2:

Actually, this was a pre existing condition in the late stage of diagnosis. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

There is allot of unique oddities of note, odd break colors for excample on the first two and some prototypes. Fascias that vary, stripping colors that vary, etc.

If you are curious just ask.

David

OK David,

An idea for another fundraiser for TPS T11. Game show sort of like Family Fude. Entry fees with prises for winners. Terlingua Build Trivia. Right now only you have all the answers to the questions that haven't been asked yet. How many automatics? How many rear breaks? How many flat black hoods? etc.

All of the little known facts that inquiring minds want to know.

OK David,

An idea for another fundraiser for TPS T11. Game show sort of like Family Fude. Entry fees with prises for winners. Terlingua Build Trivia. Right now only you have all the answers to the questions that haven't been asked yet. How many automatics? How many rear breaks? How many flat black hoods? etc.

Ooooooooh ! Oooooooooh! I know, i know Oooooooh!

282104_10150748295920529_529070528_19978794_4588465_n.jpg

OK David,

Don,

I have most of this info at least close to complete. Good idea for a game show though! TPS is officially 5013C now and your auction purchases are deductable!

Drop me an email if you want these answers the best/closest i can get them. Some Terlinguas I do not have that level of detail yet. But as all you all go to shows, please not these things when Terlinguas show up and send the details to me - many thanks.

David

Ooooooooh ! Oooooooooh! I know, i know Oooooooh!

282104_10150748295920529_529070528_19978794_4588465_n.jpg

LMAO - My Name is Arnold Horshack, It Means the Cows are Dying! Too funny SVOC Kotter. :hysterical:

By the way, Epstein's mom wrote me a note for why I missed work today...

David

hmmmm..... well, I think I know where the only Base-Model 5-speed Bunny resides.............and one of two with rear exhaust..................oh yeah, and the ONLY Terlingua produced without the CS6 front fascia......... first 2008 to be serialized, third car sold to the public.........and it's white.........:stats:

Oh did I forget to mention that it is NOT for sale! :heartbreaker: :hysterical2:

.....carry on...... :reading:

:drool:

hmmmm..... well, I think I know where the only Base-Model 5-speed Bunny resides.............and one of two with rear exhaust..................oh yeah, and the ONLY Terlingua produced without the CS6 front fascia......... first 2008 to be serialized, third car sold to the public.........and it's white.........:stats:

Oh did I forget to mention that it is NOT for sale! :heartbreaker: :hysterical2:

.....carry on...... :reading:

Sprint that is a great example of how many variables are out there for these Terlinguas thanks! There are other variables as well.

Trust me, carrying on is what we do best!

David

I don't comment on this forum very much, but I read it as often as I can. I saw my first Terlingua at Barber's Motorsports race track in Birmingham, AL, and have been looking for one to buy ever since. In some of these earlier posts it's been mentioned that the owners of these cars never want to give a set price of what they'll sell one for. I understand this. But I AM still looking. I have contacted by PM both the original initiator of this thread (Larry) and Curtis (another on this thread). I have found out that neither are really wanting to give a price of what they'll sell their cars for or are really willing/wanting to sell. I missed one car on eBay by 1 day that I would have bought had I seen it in time. I have made 4 offers on the current Terlingua listed on eBay. I've gotten no response, no PMs back, no this is what I'll take, nothing. As far as I know, the number he has as Buy It Now at $66K is his number and he won't take any less. I have no idea.

David, I appreciate all of the information you've put on here and all the feedback from others. But I am a WILLING buyer who would like to buy a Terlingua. If anyone finds a WILLING seller and not someone who's just fishing to find out what a buyer would pay, please contact me.

John

johnloper3@gmail.com

I don't comment on this forum very much, but I read it as often as I can. I saw my first Terlingua at Barber's Motorsports race track in Birmingham, AL, and have been looking for one to buy ever since. In some of these earlier posts it's been mentioned that the owners of these cars never want to give a set price of what they'll sell one for. I understand this. But I AM still looking. I have contacted by PM both the original initiator of this thread (Larry) and Curtis (another on this thread). I have found out that neither are really wanting to give a price of what they'll sell their cars for or are really willing/wanting to sell. I missed one car on eBay by 1 day that I would have bought had I seen it in time. I have made 4 offers on the current Terlingua listed on eBay. I've gotten no response, no PMs back, no this is what I'll take, nothing. As far as I know, the number he has as Buy It Now at $66K is his number and he won't take any less. I have no idea.

David, I appreciate all of the information you've put on here and all the feedback from others. But I am a WILLING buyer who would like to buy a Terlingua. If anyone finds a WILLING seller and not someone who's just fishing to find out what a buyer would pay, please contact me.

John

johnloper3@gmail.com

Email sent.

David

John

johnloper3@gmail.com

Good luck John!

The Terlingua you saw at Barber, was it during the Mustang 45th? If so it is Astrid's car, now residing in the Netherlands. She and Patrick will be back in the states (in Terlingua) in October.

John

johnloper3@gmail.com

For the record i was not fishing, at all. My wife and i are simply having a disagreement over whether i have the right to sell the car i bought her :slapfight:. I still have the bruises from when i sold her red Roush to help buy my 69 Mach. :finger: Now i want to sell her T to help buy a 69 GT 500. I'm shall we say a quick learner.:doh: The Terlingua, in my opinion, is the best looking car Shelby has ever built, i just don't have any more space and need another bucket list car. So we wait.

Good luck John!

The Terlingua you saw at Barber, was it during the Mustang 45th? If so it is Astrid's car, now residing in the Netherlands. She and Patrick will be back in the states (in Terlingua) in October.

Yes , That's the one... I also got to drive one in Las Vegas during SEMA 2009 , that was when i started looking , one day !!!

Since you stated it, and if you really knew and are trying to sell the car, then please make a formal post in the TS Garage so we can decide if we want it or not, at minimum, let us help find it a good home.

Probably Ebay is not the best place to sell these cars. Not even a Barrett Jackson or Mecum auction either. Shelby events where the true enthusiasts and aficionados are, or as above stated here on TS... I will never put my Terlingua up on Ebay, or if I do, TS will always have a heads-up...

Archived