TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For Sale 2008 Shelby Terlingua

turnsignaldelete

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad color and too expensive

Unique color and remember it has less than 1000 miles on it.

With the number of Terlingua's being pretty low and interest in them seeming to be increasing I think that amount might not be too far off. It is absolutely a sellers market for the Terlingua's. Supply vs. demand.....

Unique color and remember it has less than 1000 miles on it.

With the number of Terlingua's being pretty low and interest in them seeming to be increasing I think that amount might not be too far off. It is absolutely a sellers market for the Terlingua's. Supply vs. demand.....

my wife's daily driver has less dirt on it than that and with more miles

my wife's daily driver has less dirt on it than that and with more miles

That may be correct but I agree with Sean. And is your wife's daily driver one of less than what 80? 60? 40? Numbers are unknown but well under 100 made.

That may be correct but I agree with Sean. And is your wife's daily driver one of less than what 80? 60? 40? Numbers are unknown but well under 100 made.

You're arguing with the wrong guy. I have one (i've heard that as few as 22 have been made) and it looks better and is in better condition than the one on ebay. Pictures of my engine compartment are above. i also have a 67 Terlingua to set right beside it.

You're arguing with the wrong guy. I have one (i've heard that as few as 22 have been made) and it looks better and is in better condition than the one on ebay. Pictures of my engine compartment are above. i also have a 67 Terlingua to set right beside it.

Definately more than 22 made. I've seen at least 15 in person at various events. Of course yours may have been one of those at is was a Texas car. How many miles on it now?

The majority of the cars built were black. Other colors would be more rare and of course the two verts would be even rarer. I think Christines is in a league of its own: Vista Blue, Glass roof automatic. Deffinately a 1 of 1 there. Of course Carole's is the only Legend Lime one. There is the one prototype V8 Terlingua, Krueger's white S/C bunny, Mike's all-out race car bunny, some had gloss hoods and some flat hoods.... Okay, now that I think about it - a lot of them a very unique. :hysterical:

Definately more than 22 made. I've seen at least 15 in person at various events. Of course yours may have been one of those at is was a Texas car. How many miles on it now?

The majority of the cars built were black. Other colors would be more rare and of course the two verts would be even rarer. I think Christines is in a league of its own: Vista Blue, Glass roof automatic. Deffinately a 1 of 1 there. Of course Carole's is the only Legend Lime one. There is the one prototype V8 Terlingua, Krueger's white S/C bunny, Mike's all-out race car bunny, some had gloss hoods and some flat hoods.... Okay, now that I think about it - a lot of them a very unique. :hysterical:

I don't doubt that there are more than 22, but I will say the guy that mentioned that is pretty well connected to the heritage, he also said the 5 non black/yellow ones don't count..lol

Only about 40% of the total of them are black with yellow hoods. That would be the majority of the builds.

EDIT: I should say the black and yellows are the majority of the builds in a single color. The majority of all builds (60%) where something other than black and yellow

he also said the 5 non black/yellow ones don't count..lol

I can say factual, that I have had my hands on 6 non-black ones, and know of more, connected he is not.

What I will say, is that pricing on a Terlingua is solely in the hands of the owner, there is zero market value for a car that no one knows about.

Unless you know what it is, and have the desire to have to have that car, the value is not!

Because all of us in here are enthusiasts, of both that car and more of us the history of the Terlingua Race Team, here there is value, but as you can see on the bare market the cars are put up at high prices and there are no takers, OR they have conned some poor unsuspecting person into buying it, so they can dump it out of their inventory.

I have my numbers on what I would pay for one, the one I have my eye on I will easily pay 6 digits for, the one sitting in my garage I believe is well worth 6 digits, the other I wouldn't pay more than mid to upper solid 5 digits for pend on options and color.

That like you 67' Terlingua, and I gonna assume it's a clone, yours like mine is worth nothing, unless that right person comes along and just has to have that car in particular, I'm sure you have been to track events, how many clones have you seen? TONS, in all colors too.

In short, the sunmmary, we're only going to pay what we want, you can ask all you like, will you get it, maybe.

One thing I will tell you, this whole secret PM the price thing, even if I wanted it, you had me turned off right there, quit fishing, put up a price, in public and sell it, it's obvious the OP of this thread was fishing, but to drag this out and mix it up is silly.

Are we selling cars, or are we here to enjoy a small family of hancrafted works of art that are here for our enjoyment???

Jeff

I can say factual, that I have had my hands on 6 non-black ones, and know of more, connected he is not.

What I will say, is that pricing on a Terlingua is solely in the hands of the owner, there is zero market value for a car that no one knows about.

Unless you know what it is, and have the desire to have to have that car, the value is not!

Because all of us in here are enthusiasts, of both that car and more of us the history of the Terlingua Race Team, here there is value, but as you can see on the bare market the cars are put up at high prices and there are no takers, OR they have conned some poor unsuspecting person into buying it, so they can dump it out of their inventory.

I have my numbers on what I would pay for one, the one I have my eye on I will easily pay 6 digits for, the one sitting in my garage I believe is well worth 6 digits, the other I wouldn't pay more than mid to upper solid 5 digits for pend on options and color.

That like you 67' Terlingua, and I gonna assume it's a clone, yours like mine is worth nothing, unless that right person comes along and just has to have that car in particular, I'm sure you have been to track events, how many clones have you seen? TONS, in all colors too.

In short, the sunmmary, we're only going to pay what we want, you can ask all you like, will you get it, maybe.

One thing I will tell you, this whole secret PM the price thing, even if I wanted it, you had me turned off right there, quit fishing, put up a price, in public and sell it, it's obvious the OP of this thread was fishing, but to drag this out and mix it up is silly.

Are we selling cars, or are we here to enjoy a small family of hancrafted works of art that are here for our enjoyment???

Jeff

I would agree with most everything stated above with the following caveats: 1) Terlingua cars sold will be sold to Shelby knowledgeable people; therefore they will command a higher price or the seller won't sell. If someone really wants one, they will pay for it. It has zero value other than being a fast mustang to anyone not familiar with the brand. Sort of like selling a Rolex watch to a rice farmer in China. You won't get much. 2) Shelby has spent millions of dollars promoting this brand and lots of people know about them. Probably 20% of the GT500's at Mid America sported some sort of Terlingua badging. MCA ran an article on the Terlingua brand in 2009. Mustang folks know about the Terlingua. I have had more than a couple people talk about my Terlingua that didn't know me and I was driving the 40th and my pick-up. ("Some guy in Beaumont owns a Shelby Terlingua" ah, that would be a woman in Beaumont owns a Terlingua, but I get to drive it) 3) If the seller doesn't have to sell, they can basically wait for the right buyer and ask their price (within reason) There is only one Terlingua that I am aware of that is worth six figures (that would be over a hundred grand) I wouldn't ever pay that, but I know people that would. Now, that's not to say that if someone wants to get out of their Terlingua that they don't dump it for $30,000-40,000. It's going to happen, but not often. I know of a guy that sold his 40th for $33,000 before the package ended which would have put the cost of the GT500 down to $20,000. Someone got a great deal. There will be an occasional great deal on the Terlingua, but it will be rare.

The car on eBay is probably a little pricy for some, but there may be someone out there that falls in love with it and just has to have it. By the way, I have seen this color combination at the now defunct Quantum Performance and it is knock down killer in person. Not the traditional yellow and black, but different strokes as they used to say.

All,

My 2.5 cents.

I am travelling again, fighting fires, so I do not have all my info with me. But there are at least 38 and as many as 40 Terlinguas I can verify. This includes the concept, 3 protoypes, and the Need for Speed. So about 32-34 customer cars, maybe more I do not know of yet. But likely not many.

I, too am amazed at the number of folks who come up to me who know the TRT and the car design, more than I would have thought.

It is a great car, I love mine.

All the Shelby models I have been near or driven are awesome for that matter.

David

All,

My 2.5 cents.

I am travelling again, fighting fires, so I do not have all my info with me. But there are at least 38 and as many as 40 Terlinguas I can verify. This includes the concept, 4 protoypes, and the Need for Speed. So about 32-34 customer cars, maybe more I do not know of yet. But likely not many.

I, too am amazed at the number of folks who come up to me who know the TRT and the car design, more than I would have thought.

It is a great car, I love mine.

All the Shelby models I have been near or driven are awesome for that matter.

David

And if you are looking for "numbers matching", there are even fewer :mellow:

Only about 40% of the total of them are black with yellow hoods. That would be the majority of the builds.

EDIT: I should say the black and yellows are the majority of the builds in a single color. The majority of all builds (60%) where something other than black and yellow

Love that blue one; great car.

Jeff

Jeff, most of what you said was true but:

1) The only person on here fishing was the guy that started the post in 2010, who never would meet your request of stating a price

2) This is not a classified section, so no, you do not sell a car here, you PM to take it offline like the administrators request

3) I have bought and sold many collector cars through the years and none occurred without an exchange of at least 20 emails or phone calls and 100 pictures, again the reason you do not do it here

4) Furthermore i did not say PM me for a price, i said PM me if you're interested knowing that everything in #3 would then occur over phone/email not over a forum so that everyone can enjoy their handcrafted art not an auction

5) Given that there are only 5-6 of the original race Terlinguas left, all either not for sale or in the $500k range, yes mine is a clone, but an extremely well rotisserie restored one that i love--probably even more than my 427 Super Snake or the 68 500 I sold. But, I know exactly where a thoroughbred restored original is so PM me if you're interested, because it is for sale but i won’t post his name or price here.

6) Lastly i believe you can still build one from Shelby (could be wrong) so to me the market price is clearly set. its set at what you can build one for. Now, as with any collector car there will always be that special (color, year, history etc.) that may be worth more and some poor conditioned ones that may be worth less.

Curtis

According to SA, the Terlingua model is no longer offered for sale. The program is closed. They recently turned way a friend of mine looking to order one.

the ones out there are all there will ever be.........those who waited to order have officially lost out.

the only way in is to pry one away from a current owner...........

According to SA, the Terlingua model is no longer offered for sale. The program is closed. They recently turned way a friend of mine looking to order one.

the ones out there are all there will ever be.........those who waited to order have officially lost out.

the only way in is to pry one away from a current owner...........

actually that is awesome news happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif Maybe now i will go fishing......ROTFLMAO !!

I don't doubt that there are more than 22, but I will say the guy that mentioned that is pretty well connected to the heritage, he also said the 5 non black/yellow ones don't count..lol

I think this is the only approval I need to know that our non black and yellow car counts as a real Terlingua happy%20feet.gif

post-17244-0-94883600-1312466234_thumb.jpgpost-17244-0-14544500-1312466231_thumb.jpg

post-17244-0-14544500-1312466231_thumb.jpg

post-17244-0-94883600-1312466234_thumb.jpg

I think this is the only approval I need to know that our non black and yellow car counts as a real Terlingua happy%20feet.gif

IMG_6630c.JPGIMG_6631c.JPG

Looks like maybe gray can count......:P Hey i don't know why people get offended, my SS lost a car show once because the judge said white was not even a color at all :banghead:

Mels new toy - v2.JPG

Mels new toy - v2.JPG

It is true they are not making them anymore. i personally called Shelby and asked to build one last month after Carlisle all ford nationals, and was told they have stopped. Completely. No more will be built. Period. So I think that does change the pricing.

As I have mentioned previously...the only late model Terlingua's are already built! It is a seller's market. If you really want one and don't have one you are going to have to pay the admission fee! Each of these cars has a very unique history - be it a blue glasstop, shelby caged, automatic, vert, etc... That is what make these cars sooooo great! They are all a part of a group of cars that Everyone knows what they are and where most of them are located (unless there is some oddball prototype or build that was really low key). David has done an outstanding job of keeping up with these builds and letting us know!!! So if you really like a particular one and want to own it - call them and ask them how much?! I bet you would be surprised. Every car cruise or track event we have been to, it is always the Bunnies that get the most attention - even next to some really incredible cars. Thier appeal is amazing!

It would take a lot to buy either of our Terlingua's!!! (How much is a divorce?) If you have one - hold on to it! If you want one - pony up and pay up! :burnout:

FEAR THE BUNNY!!!

Curtis,

Here's why your big splash in this little pond holds no validity with me.

You said a year ago that you were a "closet case Terlingua enthusiast", yet a year later your ready to cut the car loose.

This is a concerning factor with some of us being that your car is now becoming a "Door Knob" everyone is getting their turn, not many want a car with a paper trail of misc owners.

IF you were at Mid America, I never saw the car, and nor did I meet you (of course I was very busy that whole week), and on the same note, haven't seen you at any other get together with the car, and believe me there have been a lot, and like The 500 Vert said there are quite a few of those get together's.

You clam to be connected and know these number's yet, they are wrong, the references to people and there cars are known here IE: the alloy car that you knew through Quantum, is the same one that the referenced "Lady Owner" has, that her husband drives.

Since you stated it, and if you really knew and are trying to sell the car, then please make a formal post in the TS Garage so we can decide if we want it or not, at minimum, let us help find it a good home.

That is kinda why the OP came in here was help finding his bunny a good home.

And if it isn't in a digital format it really isn't the truth? David has dedicated a lot of time and effort into keeping tabs on these lil Foo Foo's and each vehicle's options, build dates, deliveries, historical anomalies, and whatnots, we would all be far more inclined to lean on him for collective data than anyone.

I guess what I'm saying is,IF you are and enthusiast, then show me something a little different than what I'm seeing, cause I'm not getting a real warm fuzzy feeling here about your particular ownership with the car.

The internet is two dimensional, the above stated is a personal opinion, and does not reflect the opinions of the other Terlingua owners unless they see something they agree with, these are my words and thoughts.

I'm am trying to be as polite as possible while getting my personal point across, how you decide to take these comments above after this statement is purely based on you.

I would like to think that I am a true Terlingua enthusiast (thank you SPRSNK), and have dedicated a lot of time and effort to take notice of each of the differences in these cars, since they are all hand built, and with that not a single one is the same as the one next to it, no matter color, or year.

Jeff

Your results may vary, batteries not included, warranty void after reading this.

Archived