TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The US Census.............?

OK, back in Late February I recieved a Post Card from the Census People telling me that I will be recieving the Census in the next few Days. Sure enough, 4 Days later I recieved it, filled it out and mailed it back the very next Day. Haven't thought about it until Yesterday when I read about a new Census Scam to get your Personal Info. THEN, today, I recieved another Census in the Mail. Looks just like the first one. Not sure if the first one was the Scam or not (don't think it was), I believe it was Blue just like this one. Has anyone else recieved a second Census?

OK, back in Late February I recieved a Post Card from the Census People telling me that I will be recieving the Census in the next few Days. Sure enough, 4 Days later I recieved it, filled it out and mailed it back the very next Day. Haven't thought about it until Yesterday when I read about a new Census Scam to get your Personal Info. THEN, today, I recieved another Census in the Mail. Looks just like the first one. Not sure if the first one was the Scam or not (don't think it was), I believe it was Blue just like this one. Has anyone else recieved a second Census?

I know my wife filled one out the other day but nothing else so far will let you know. You should contact someone in charge of the census and we also joined Life lock that protects you from this kind of stuff. If in error you give out your info or someone is trying to use your I.D.

Also didn't claim 50 of my illegals hiding in my garage. I use them to clean my car with Q- tips. :hysterical:

I know my wife filled one out the other day but nothing else so far will let you know. You should contact someone in charge of the census and we also joined Life lock that protects you from this kind of stuff. If in error you give out your info or someone is trying to use your I.D.

Also didn't claim 50 of my illegals hiding in my garage. I use them to clean my car with Q- tips. :hysterical:

Hummmm, now I wander if I should have included the 6.....oh wait, make that 7 people in my Head..................... :headscratch:

:hysterical:

I'm going to claim the 32 million people that I'm going to help provide health insurance for a my dependents.

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/identity/census.asp

The long and short of it is nowhere as part of the census are you asked for your social security number, bank or any other financial info, other than maybe wage "range". If you get anything, or have anyone ask you for any of the above, do not give it out. If you sent something back to someone, hopefully the census that asked the basic 10 questions you should be fine as it's really not any more than the voter registration or your property tax info gives of which both are public record. Again if you gave your SS# that would be an issue.

Lifelock?

Humm...read this then cancel it and save your money.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/03/lifelock-accused-of-running-con-operation/

Lifelock?

Humm...read this then cancel it and save your money.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/03/lifelock-accused-of-running-con-operation/

That came out a while ago.......... I always figured that they couldn't do what they said ever since I saw the forst commercial.

So far, the amount that they paid so far on the Census, they could have Paid enough People to go "Door to Door" and count the People...........................

The money they paid for INCLUDES the approx. 42,000 workers that are tagged with having to go out and do just that when people don't send in the form. :banghead:

The money they paid for INCLUDES the approx. 42,000 workers that are tagged with having to go out and do just that when people don't send in the form. :banghead:

I don't think so, they have 650,000 temporary workers, that and other reasons why it is costing nearly 15 BILLION to do the census. They got the number of people and rough ages, nothing more from me.

650,000!

:hysterical:

CRAP, I was WAY low the number is 1.4 million says Bloomberg http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aEws7wrt8FY0&pos=6

Not laughing now eh, Lefty Boy?

“It’s a short-term stimulus program in which the government’s injecting money into the economy through additional paychecks,”

:headscratch:

Archived