TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Lawyer's day in court

My lawyer has been to court on my behalf several times against the NYC for the way they treated me when, I had my break down.

Also for my past injuries, I know alot you are thinking that, I choose this job and injuries are part of the game. But it's more than that it's to open a door for other cops who are mistreated. It works like this if you go regular sick the next day you have to go see the police doctor. If the police doctor say's your fine even with a knife sticking out of your back and your doc say's you need to heal. The police doctor has the last word and you go back to work. I have seen guys put back to work with cast on there arms or even back brace. In any other job thats fine but when you go back to work in your PCT they place you at a desk by the entrance of the Pct to greet people and help them with their questions. In other words if a maniac comes in there is no bullet proof glass or wall to get cover it is you the first line of defense. I met one female cop who was retired with her full pension instead of taking the city to court. She had a fracture hand which happen to be her gun hand. She got attacked by 2 angry females over there car getting towed one of these nice lady smashed the cop fractured hand. By the time other cops could intervene she was bloody and her hand was a mess but that didnt change the safety rules. When, I had my knee surgery my sister drove me up to my house from queens where the surgery was. I called the sick desk to tell them, I was home and the SGT told me that they want me to come down to the queens office where the head doctors are to see my knee. My sister got on the phone and said are you joking we just came from queens it went back and forth. The reason behind that was if, I could drive back down then why cant I go back to work. When, I got out of the funny farm they made me go to the dept shrink and said going back to work is the best thing for me. It didn't matter at the same time my newborn was in deathy ill in the hospital and my father was dying of a brain tumor. Along with my buddy at work killing himself and his girlfriend. They stuck me in the bronx projects with no gun on nite shift in a dark room by myself to watch the cameras around the projects for any crimes going on. Then to get harassed by a captain and believe me thats his job to harass you. The reasoning behind this treatment is if I kill myself even on duty the city doesn't have to give my wife my pension and she would only be intitled to a few dollars. They would argue that if, Iwas really ill then why was he released from the hospital. My paper trail is about a foot high with all my injuries. My service record is excellent the new judge had one question for the city and that was your saying every doctor this officer went too. Even the doctors you sent him to and the x-rays and Mri's are wrong that every piece of paper in his folder in made up to benefit the officer's case. She told the city lawyers can, I have your doctors phone number maybe that can be my doctors too. The city lawyers weren't allowed to defend themselves the reason being that tis was the 3rd time in court and the other judge was removed from my case. He was alway's siding with the city and my lawyer made it a point to get a new judge. Everytime, I hear that a fellow NYC cop kills himself you can say that someone in headquarters is having a party another penision doesn't have to be paid out.

It's really comes down to knocking down the bully's look at Blomberg he changed the rules of length in office. I betting the next mayor if there is going to be a new election that the new mayor can't do the as Blomberg did. But most of all being told to go back to work against your own doctors orders when the police doctor never examines you. Then takes your doctors notes and throws them in the garage right in front of you and you can't do a damn thing to him. He has the rank of a chief and can have you suspended if he likes. I have a great paper trail and witness to bring this to the papers along with other dirt but it would end my pension cause we are not allowed to give out info to the news.

But in a war there are always sacrifice's.

Racer I do not know the details of what is going on with you, but I am from Long Island and have friends On the Job. The amount of people that have taken advantage of the system in the past is finally catching up and they are probably going from one extreme to another. I know plenty of folks on full disability from the Railroad, Police, and Fireman. They Golf, ride Dirt Bikes, play Ice Hockey, and more. The tax payers pay for this, they should be put in jail. I hope all works out with you Sir, it is ridiculous how corrupt anything Government run is.

Racer I do not know the details of what is going on with you, but I am from Long Island and have friends On the Job. The amount of people that have taken advantage of the system in the past is finally catching up and they are probably going from one extreme to another. I know plenty of folks on full disability from the Railroad, Police, and Fireman. They Golf, ride Dirt Bikes, play Ice Hockey, and more. The tax payers pay for this, they should be put in jail. I hope all works out with you Sir, it is ridiculous how corrupt anything Government run is.

I agree a lot of guys scam when working lower Manhattan there was a cop who walked with a cane. He did a great act for a long time till he ran into the police doctor at home depot. He was walking out with 2 bags of cement on each shoulder the next day he was unemployed. As far as me I have my bad knee and 2 herniated disc's in my lower back along with one in my neck. Had an EMG test done at my own dollar 2x's which backs up the damage along with nerve damage in my neck. Sleeping with it makes it hard to get a solid night sleep. But can, I function with the pain yes and pain killer here and there and be on them when working police doctors knew this. I still worked out with my protein drink and 6 motrins before workout and a pain killer after. I have to admit as far as my mental status when it came to being on the street. I was all business and know for it along with being a crazy bastard. But after 9/11 something clicked in my head and believe me, I wish it never happened. From that day on my anger was out of control and major things happened like a black cloud followed me around. Starting with fiancée brain tumor, my dad had a brain tumor, and my buddy at work killed himself and the shrinks didn't even know about it. But instead of them helping me out they treated me like a dog within 15 mins of speaking to a dept shrink they said my problem is from my childhood. Even when, I called the sick desk spoke to the Sgt and told her that, I had enough and take care and swallowed a bunch of pills they never did anything. As soon as, I got out of the hospital they order me back to work still not believing me. So, I went to work saying far well to my wife and in my knapsack was a nice rope to hang myself at work and was going to cut my wrists in front of the camera that watches me all night long. My wife figured out something was up and she called my Sgt and they dragged me to the hospital. Instead of saying listen we are going to get you help and get you back on your feet. We see you have a great performance record and well known for it.Instead I was on anti- depressant on patrol with my gun. My capt even notified them and they said it was fine so my bosses took my guns and took me off patrol. They wanted me dead it would be cheaper than helping me!!! I have seen it before cops being called lier's even grow men crying in pain and told to go back to work. Thats what the doctors at P.D get paid to do and if a cop dies or kills himself they are protected from the city. As far as other cops being out on disability they may be like me and say that they are out on something else than say they are mental shot. Plus fellow cops are own worst enemy do to the jealousy factor.

Oh, I forgot to mention this as far as corrupt a NYPD police chief retires then applies for 3/4 disability taxfree he claims that he lost hearing due to a rock concert detail he worked over 10yrs ago. He got it with no problems it made the papers and he know seats back and gets 3/4 of his salary for life he probably made working way over 125,000 a year. I only get half and it's taxed and my nice union raised disable cops medicene co-pay from 8.00 buck a script to anywhere from 20.00 - 80.00 and they never intervene on my behalf. But, I bet if my laywer wins they will be at my door for a donation. As far as F.D, I also have close friends on there and they get booted out for the slightest injuries. Because of the gamble that they will drop the ball in the time of need trust me they get pissed when booted cause they are close to each other a real family. Not like P.D so as you walk out the door you are forgotten. Thats why cops hate FD the brotherly love for each other.

Archived