TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Jobs with the IRS comming soon?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only argument I agree with against the "FLAT INCOME TAX" would be that

many American Citizens that are limited income probably could not afford paying

this if it was implemented................I have heard a range of 20-40%????????????

DDT,

Well I would agree that a federal flat income tax (and remember, that's from all sources - earned wages and unearned investment income from interest, dividends, capital gains on the sale of stock - with offsets for losses, etc.) needs to stay under 20%. I've heard official estimates in the 17-19% range. The key to holding it at that level is a national sales tax on everything consumed (except maybe store bought "real food" groceries since everyone needs to eat, but excluding alcohol, tobacco, sodas, etc.). I've heard this number floats in the 5-7% depending on the strength of the economy. So at an average of 18+6... you're looking at an effective tax rate of 24%, but again it is weighted more heavily on consumers of means with significant disposable income. The U.S. Tax Code under this type of arrangement would actually be understood by most everyone and allow us to file our annual returns on a post card... ok, maybe a standard sheet of paper. It would also put a good dent in tax fraud and part of the "underground" economy that currently escapes many taxes. What's there not to like?

Well I still can't see the FLAT FEDERAL INCOME TAX as a working solution as even at

18% would be too steep for many low income American Citizens............However I can see

the FEDERAL VALUE TAX on consumer goods as a possible solution...........The problem

would be how it effects the economy with consumer purchasing for the same goods outside

our boarders and if it would create an "underground" purchasing of goods too avoid the taxes

if they become steep???????????

Well I still can't see the FLAT FEDERAL INCOME TAX as a working solution as even at

18% would be too steep for many low income American Citizens............However I can see

the FEDERAL VALUE TAX on consumer goods as a possible solution...........The problem

would be how it effects the economy with consumer purchasing for the same goods outside

our boarders and if it would create an "underground" purchasing of goods too avoid the taxes

if they become steep???????????

DDT,

I would entertain a "floor/ceiling" for low income individuals, but I do believe everyone needs to have skin in the game, with exceptions for the disabled and elderly. Another alternative would be to dial back the FIT to say 9% and throttle the NST to 15%, same 24%... but with a greater emphasis on consumers of means with disposable income. The current system where fewer and fewer people are paying more and more, and many others are paying nothing, is a recipe for the collapse of our economy. There truly is no free lunch, in nature or society.

Yep.........Unless an individual is barely serviving on a minimum income,

the only excuse for paying "0" Income Tax is Greed..............And Greed is

the downfall of our Society...............

Yep.........Unless an individual is barely serviving on a minimum income,

the only excuse for paying "0" Income Tax is Greed..............And Greed is

the downfall of our Society...............

DDT,

Remember now, with a FIT and NST (or Value Added Tax) in place and absolutely no write-offs or (fat cat) tax shelters available, huge sums of money (greed?) that are currently escaping the Treasury would be realized. Perhaps then... even 9% on income might be overstated. We'll never know if we maintain the status quo. One thing we do know is the fabric of our culture is being compromised because of an archaic and special interest based tax code.

DDT,

Remember now, with a FIT and NST (or Value Added Tax) in place and absolutely no write-offs or (fat cat) tax shelters available, huge sums of money (greed?) that are currently escaping the Treasury would be realized. Perhaps then... even 9% on income might be overstated. We'll never know if we maintain the status quo. One thing we do know is the fabric of our culture is being compromised because of an archaic and special interest based tax code.

Now that I believe would be reasonable if it could be implemented

and enforced...............

One point I wan't to raise here is the growing disparity between the

Wealthy and working class in this Country even with the progressive

Tax system?????????

Correct my assumption but I believe the 1% wealthiest in this Great

Country of ours control over 80% of the assets???????????

Taxing income does not include taxing the assets controlled by the

Wealthyest Americans...............

Just a thaught???????

SOOOOOOO.....is it safe to say that no one here will be applying for one of those Jobs?

Have not seen posts from "BLOWN" for a while??????

Maybe he's working on his resume????????? :hysterical:

:hide:

:dance:

DDT, are you saying "assets" should be taxed?

Doesn't it seem unfair that the income generated to accumulate those assets was already taxed? And you already do have real estate taxes and some states have auto excise taxes based on the value of the car too...

DDT, are you saying "assets" should be taxed?

Doesn't it seem unfair that the income generated to accumulate those assets was already taxed? And you already do have real estate taxes and some states have auto excise taxes based on the value of the car too...

Isn't that called "The Estate Tax"?

I read it, and re-read it, and don't understand what you are trying to say about those assets then.

I personally don't think there's a solution at all to the tax structure UNLESS you have no problem with taking away the built in welfare for low to middle income people. Any flat tax or national sales tax will only hurt the little guys, and if they are paying more in tax, there would just be some other govt. funded program to redistribute that money right back into their pockets, but of course this means that everyones flat rate would need to be higher to support that redistribution, and before you know it, we have a very effectively progressive "flat" tax system.

I read it, and re-read it, and don't understand what you are trying to say about those assets then.

I personally don't think there's a solution at all to the tax structure UNLESS you have no problem with taking away the built in welfare for low to middle income people. Any flat tax or national sales tax will only hurt the little guys, and if they are paying more in tax, there would just be some other govt. funded program to redistribute that money right back into their pockets, but of course this means that everyones flat rate would need to be higher to support that redistribution, and before you know it, we have a very effectively progressive "flat" tax system.

The point I was raising is even with the progressive system we have today there are more

Wealthy American Citizens now than any time in the past....................

SORRY..My deer friends from ? ? ? ? I am waiting for you guys to get back on the topic... I yelled back hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

My deer friend Dave who is whineing....headscratch.gif

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Although mine is not big enough to Tax.... And you cant enjoy it when your dead anyhoo??????

Then they will heavily Tax you for NOT having enough toys..................... :hysterical: Don't you remember that Beatles Song "The TAX MAN"...... :hysterical:

Then they will heavily Tax you for NOT having enough toys..................... :hysterical: Don't you remember that Beatles Song "The TAX MAN"...... :hysterical:

Well they also wrote a song with this line;

"I DON'T CARE TOO MUCH FOR MONEY"......."MONEY CAN'T BUY ME LOVE"????????

:hysterical:

Well they also wrote a song with this line;

"I DON'T CARE TOO MUCH FOR MONEY"......."MONEY CAN'T BUY ME LOVE"????????

:hysterical:

You obviously have not been to Las Vegas…………. For $300.00 she Love ya……..For $1,000.00 she make you believe it...... :hysterical:

You obviously have not been to Las Vegas…………. For $300.00 she Love ya……..For $1,000.00 she make you believe it...... :hysterical:

Who is this "she" in Las Vegas that you speak of??????????? :hysterical:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _________

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./ It’s the IRS! \

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _,,,--~~~~~~~~--,_ .\ ._________/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :: ‘-, . . \/. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . .,-‘ :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : : :: : ‘-, . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : : :: ‘-, . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .,-‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : , : : :: :::: :::: ::’; . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .,-‘ / / : :: :: :: :: : : :::: :::-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;\ . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . /,-‘,’ :: : : : : : : : : :: :: :: : ‘-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;;| . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . /,’,-‘ :: :: :: :: :: :: :: : ::_,-~~,_’-, ;; ;; ;; ;; | . . . . . . .

. . . . . _/ :,’ :/ :: :: :: : : :: :: _,-‘/ : ,-‘;’-‘’’’’~-, ;; ;; ;;,’ . . . . . . . .

. . . ,-‘ / : : : : : : ,-‘’’ : : :,--‘’ :|| /,-‘-‘--‘’’__,’’’ \ ;; ;,-‘ . . . . . . . .

. . . \ :/,, : : : _,-‘ --,,_ : : \ :\ ||/ /,-‘-‘x### ::\ \ ;;/ . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . \/ /---‘’’’ : \ #\ : :\ : : \ :\ \| | : (O##º : :/ /-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . /,’____ : :\ ‘-#\ : \, : :\ :\ \ \ : ‘-,___,-‘,-`-,, . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . ‘ ) : : : :’’’’--,,--,,,,,,¯ \ \ :: ::--,,_’’-,,’’’¯ :’- :’-, . . . . . . . . .

. . . . .) : : : : : : ,, : ‘’’’~~~~’ \ :: :: :: :’’’’’¯ :: ,-‘ :,/\ . . . . . . . . .

. . . . .\,/ /|\\| | :/ / : : : : : : : ,’-, :: :: :: :: ::,--‘’ :,-‘ \ \ . . . . . . . .

. . . . .\\’|\\ \|/ ‘/ / :: :_--,, : , | )’; :: :: :: :,-‘’ : ,-‘ : : :\ \, . . . . . . .

. . . ./¯ :| \ |\ : |/\ :: ::----, :\/ :|/ :: :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : ‘’-,,_ . . . .

. . ..| : : :/ ‘’-(, :: :: :: ‘’’’’~,,,,,’’ :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : : : :,-‘’’\\ . . . .

. ,-‘ : : : | : : ‘’) : : :¯’’’’~-,: : ,--‘’’ : :,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : ,-‘ :¯’’’’’-,_ .

./ : : : : :’-, :: | :: :: :: _,,-‘’’’¯ : ,--‘’ : : : : : : : : : : : / : : : : : : :’’-,

/ : : : : : -, :¯’’’’’’’’’’’¯ : : _,,-~’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :| : : : : : : : : :

: : : : : : :¯’’~~~~~~’’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _________

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./ It’s the IRS! \

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _,,,--~~~~~~~~--,_ .\ ._________/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :: ‘-, . . \/. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . .,-‘ :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : : :: : ‘-, . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : : :: ‘-, . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .,-‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : , : : :: :::: :::: ::’; . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .,-‘ / / : :: :: :: :: : : :::: :::-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;\ . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . /,-‘,’ :: : : : : : : : : :: :: :: : ‘-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;;| . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . /,’,-‘ :: :: :: :: :: :: :: : ::_,-~~,_’-, ;; ;; ;; ;; | . . . . . . .

. . . . . _/ :,’ :/ :: :: :: : : :: :: _,-‘/ : ,-‘;’-‘’’’’~-, ;; ;; ;;,’ . . . . . . . .

. . . ,-‘ / : : : : : : ,-‘’’ : : :,--‘’ :|| /,-‘-‘--‘’’__,’’’ \ ;; ;,-‘ . . . . . . . .

. . . \ :/,, : : : _,-‘ --,,_ : : \ :\ ||/ /,-‘-‘x### ::\ \ ;;/ . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . \/ /---‘’’’ : \ #\ : :\ : : \ :\ \| | : (O##º : :/ /-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . /,’____ : :\ ‘-#\ : \, : :\ :\ \ \ : ‘-,___,-‘,-`-,, . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . ‘ ) : : : :’’’’--,,--,,,,,,¯ \ \ :: ::--,,_’’-,,’’’¯ :’- :’-, . . . . . . . . .

. . . . .) : : : : : : ,, : ‘’’’~~~~’ \ :: :: :: :’’’’’¯ :: ,-‘ :,/\ . . . . . . . . .

. . . . .\,/ /|\\| | :/ / : : : : : : : ,’-, :: :: :: :: ::,--‘’ :,-‘ \ \ . . . . . . . .

. . . . .\\’|\\ \|/ ‘/ / :: :_--,, : , | )’; :: :: :: :,-‘’ : ,-‘ : : :\ \, . . . . . . .

. . . ./¯ :| \ |\ : |/\ :: ::----, :\/ :|/ :: :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : ‘’-,,_ . . . .

. . ..| : : :/ ‘’-(, :: :: :: ‘’’’’~,,,,,’’ :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : : : :,-‘’’\\ . . . .

. ,-‘ : : : | : : ‘’) : : :¯’’’’~-,: : ,--‘’’ : :,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : ,-‘ :¯’’’’’-,_ .

./ : : : : :’-, :: | :: :: :: _,,-‘’’’¯ : ,--‘’ : : : : : : : : : : : / : : : : : : :’’-,

/ : : : : : -, :¯’’’’’’’’’’’¯ : : _,,-~’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :| : : : : : : : : :

: : : : : : :¯’’~~~~~~’’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :

SWAMP THING? Creature from the Black Lagoon?

Archived