TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to make a Father cry.

My 23 year old son Danny has been traveling through Thailand for the past 6 months. Wants to see the world before he settles. He sent me this Facebook message the other day that hit me real hard.

I've never felt so alive. Riding my motobike to Pai was a life changing experience. It gave me time to think what is really important. I have to be honest, the whole trip i couldnt stop thinking how much i wanted you to be there with me. You are a great Dad. I love you soo much!

Maybe we can make a trip together. I would really like that.

Even now as I post this, I get all choked up :cry:. If you want to make this Father cry, this will do it.

I have tears in my eyes as I read it.....thats awesome Dan...........and obviously reflective of what a great job you and Marji have done.

all the best to you my friend. :happy feet: :salute:

Thanks my Shelby Brother..........but to tell the truth, Marji gets all the credit.

My 23 year old son Danny has been traveling through Thailand for the past 6 months. Wants to see the world before he settles. He sent me this Facebook message the other day that hit me real hard.

I've never felt so alive. Riding my motobike to Pai was a life changing experience. It gave me time to think what is really important. I have to be honest, the whole trip i couldnt stop thinking how much i wanted you to be there with me. You are a great Dad. I love you soo much!

Even now as I post this, I get all choked up :cry:. If you want to make this Father cry, this will do it.

Wow, that is very heart warming. I'm very touched too Dan. :cry: Thank you for sharing this with us.

My son turned 14 today. One evening about 10 years ago I took him with me to the grocery store. As the young store clerk was helping us out with our groceries, my son said "This is my dad. He's my best buddy." The clerk said, "yeah, my dad is my best buddy too." I still get choked up when I think of it.

Even now as I post this, I get all choked up cry.gif. If you want to make this Father cry, this will do it.

Dan,

That is great! You and Marji have raised a wonderful son. Sometimes it takes a while for them to realize how much they appreciate you....

Stuart

My son turned 14 today. One evening about 10 years ago I took him with me to the grocery store. As the young store clerk was helping us out with our groceries, my son said "This is my dad. He's my best buddy." The clerk said, "yeah, my dad is my best buddy too." I still get choked up when I think of it.

Happy Birthday to your son and yep, that would get me cry.gif

Dan,

That is great! You and Marji have raised a wonderful son. Sometimes it takes a while for them to realize how much they appreciate you....

Stuart

Thanks Stuart. I feel very proud seeing the Man in my little 23 year old boy.

All our best to you and Bea.

Archived