TEAM SHELBY FORUM

run away Prius

Here's some answers:

E/B on I-8 east of San Diego you can pretty much go as fast as you want...wide open, nice freeway.

Report is this guy is so deep in debt it would drain a red ink cartridge to print out his credit report.

Inside rumors are that when the dust settles, it probably won't be Toyota's fault in this one.

John

I'm sure the nut jobs will be coming out of the trees with all kind of "my car almost killed me, now give me money" stories.

I'm sure the nut jobs will be coming out of the trees with all kind of "my car almost killed me, now give me money" stories.

I perfer....... "I almost Killed Someone with my Car, but I missed", now give me Money............. :hysterical:

I saw this on the news last night and all I could think was "What a friggen moron" Don't understandhow you can have the composure to make a cell phone call and carry on a conversation but don' have brains enough to put the car in neutral or shut it off. Especially with all the recent press reagrding this. Something seems a little fishy.

+1 When you put your car into neutral, you are only disengageing the transmission from the wheels and all the car's wheels do is roll without the assist of power from the engine. The only time the car would would flip and crash, is when he would put it into park.

inside line made a great video on what to do when your car ihas the same problem as a toyota

I wonder how many people know what the N stands for or if they do what Neutral does.

My friend is 43 years old and has been driving since he was 16, he did not know that you could put a car into Neutral while driving.

This is from the News article

Leighann Parks, a 24-year-old dispatcher, repeatedly told him to throw the car into neutral but got no answers.

"He was very emotional, you could tell on the line he was panicked," Parks told reporters outside the CHP's El Cajon office. "I could only imagine being in his shoes and being that stressed."

Neibert told Sikes after the CHP caught up with him to shift to neutral but the driver shook his head no. Sikes told reporters he didn't go into neutral because he worried the car would flip.

Does anyone know if Toyotas that are sold and operated in any other countries than the U.S. are having any accelerator problems or is it just the one's sold in the U.S. Hmmmm, gov. rats at work.

Say what you want about that guy !!! I'm just amazed he spoke and understood english if he didn't, I could see the trooper with his transaltor book !! Puttie car o in how do you say neutral again :hysterical: Then the trooper gets sued for not knowing spanish :jackinbox:

If, I could tell you some of my car stops with the non speakers of english you would wet your pants. Sometimes, I would start speaking italian and it would totally F- them up. As my ex spanish co-worker say it spanish america get use to it!!! But if, I spoke italian to my buddy the spanish cops would say thats not proper and try and make a complaint about that but not about me naked wearing just my gun belt. Simply amazing Love Me america been very good to me!!! :sos::titanic:

Does anyone know if Toyotas that are sold and operated in any other countries than the U.S. are having any accelerator problems or is it just the one's sold in the U.S. Hmmmm, gov. rats at work.

As I understand it from the news reports, the problem(s) that Toyota is having with their cars is a global problem.

Archived