TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quiet in here.

sportscars

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so ready for La Kiva!!!

Think they still have our sticker up behind the bar?

Good Times

Doc Scott

Scott,

They better - you will have to make the trip back to insure this urgent need is still so!

I, too, am ready my friend! :happy feet:

VB

I so should make a wrong turn on the April 10th cruise and wind up at Terlingua :headscratch:

If your close to the front everyone will follow :hysterical:

All this fuss over a hole in the ground!!

I wish I was going to join you on the cruise.

Doc Scott

Jeff, you check out the Olympiad?

If your close to the front everyone will follow :hysterical:

All this fuss over a hole in the ground!!

I wish I was going to join you on the cruise.

Doc Scott

Jeff, you check out the Olympiad?

A bone stock 210hp Mudstain LX would be commiting suicide if I got anywhere near the front, that is if it would even make it past 2nd from the last car.

That's why I opted to run back door duties on the cruise to pick up all the stragglers that fall off the pace.

No haven't checked it out yet, you don't happen to have a link you could PM do you???

Jeff

For all the Terlingua Brethern (and sisters) go to SAAC.com and check out the Olympiad;Top left of page;I feel a certain Terlingua Brother should carry our banner;I lit a fire under Jeff now he needs to get Rick on board;We can Kick the Stigs Ass!!!!! the power of La Kiva is behind us!

Doc Scott

For all the Terlingua Brethern (and sisters) go to SAAC.com and check out the Olympiad;Top left of page;I feel a certain Terlingua Brother should carry our banner;I lit a fire under Jeff now he needs to get Rick on board;We can Kick the Stigs Ass!!!!! the power of La Kiva is behind us!

Doc Scott

I just need a car, nothing in my stables makes enough HP.

Jeff

Surely a car must be out there.....Mike?

Hes got like 950 hp

surely he wants to play

Scott

WOW, that's a bit too much in the HP department, 500 to 600 in a car that can stick/hook-up is good enough, 350 will pull 12's all day in the quarter.

Jeff

I'm clear on running the wife's R Clone, stall having issue about the dates, some say May and some say August.

And it looks like a trip to Sonoma, Cali

Also didn't see a dead line for entry either.

And if it's May need to throw down some coin now for new Tokico's all the way around, and possibly a gear change.

Also looks like a KOA pretty close by too.

Clarkson is bringing the "Ripper"

I'll bring The "Reaper"

P1010097.JPG

Wanted: Shelby Mustang

Must have at minimum a FRPP suspension and 500 RWHP (prefer a full griggs with 600+ HP)

Must have Hoosier R6 tires (or equivalent)

Must look "Bad Ass" with quality modifications. No "jerry rigged" cars!

Must be very reliable, capable of both easy driving and track driving

Must be available in August of this year (2010)

Must be willing to sign a "hold harmless" release

Must be free

Must provide transportation of said car to California

Blue/purple interior prefered

Contact Sportscars with your offers

Wanted: Shelby Mustang

Must have at minimum a FRPP suspension and 500 RWHP (prefer a full griggs with 600+ HP)

Must have Hoosier R6 tires (or equivalent)

Must look "Bad Ass" with quality modifications. No "jerry rigged" cars!

Must be very reliable, capable of both easy driving and track driving

Must be available in August of this year (2010)

Must be willing to sign a "hold harmless" release

Must be free

Must provide transportation of said car to California

Blue/purple interior prefered

Contact Sportscars with your offers

Let me know when you make the trip. I need a... "package" delivered out here.

Doc Scott

Wow, thats awesome. Its only open to the first 20 registrants. If only one of us was smart enough to have already emailed Rick Kopek, er, I mean SAAC and get on the list.

If only.... dreamy.gif

lurk.gif

I dont want to rain on anyones parade, but you may be chanting the wrong name, or at the very least you need to be chanting another name to go along with Jeff's.

So, whats everybody doing last weekend of August?

lurk.gif

I dont want to rain on anyones parade, but you may be chanting the wrong name, or at the very least you need to be chanting another name to go along with Jeff's.

So, whats everybody doing last weekend of August?

lurk.gif

Caravaning to Sonoma? Guess I better check to see if the registration is full or not.

Plus I want to know if Jeff's win, driving my car, does that mean I get the GT350? :headscratch: If Jeff wins driving someone else's car, do I still get the GT350? :drool:

perhaps.... or is the whole thing a April Fools joke???

Looks as if it was a April Fools joke very skillfully played out;......or is it?

Unfortunately,Gary Patterson is as close as it came to being "one of us"

They knew better than to mess with the La Kiva Crew!!!

Doc Scott

Well, I maintain they DID mess with the La Kiva crew as I got an email from Rick Kopec stating the following:

"Sean:

We just had a cancellation. Your in luck. We are preparing details and instructions. We'll be sending them soon."

Rick"

I (foolishly) believed it because I got the email yesterday (3/31). I do have to say my son is somewhat crushed that it was a hoax. I know better now. banghead.gif

Oh well, you live and you learn.

If this was an April Fools joke, I'm not laughing... :redcard: It was mean

New info: I was just on over at SAAC's web site. This whole deal was an April Fools hoax....it's all over their forum .... I didn't find it funny at all. Sportscars, I'm very sorry about your son's disappointment.

If this was an April Fools joke, I'm not laughing... redcard.gif It was mean

New info: I was just on over at SAAC's web site. This whole deal was an April Fools hoax....it's all over their forum .... I didn't find it funny at all. Sportscars, I'm very sorry about your son's disappointment.

Honestly, my son is not that disappointed. I played it up quite a bit to kinda get back at them for the hoax (I refuse to call it an April Fools joke because it all happened BEFORE 4/1).

Nobody bit on it. Funny how that all just passed over my post on the SAAC forum and nobody made a comment.

In all honesty I was very excited about it. cry.gif

Everyone;

I'm sorry I brought it to anyones attention and myself includeed bought in,and was excited at the prospect of some very amusing events.That said I should of noticed the date and realized the likelyhood of such a thing as there is a long standing tradition of April-fools pranks at SAAC.

Again please accept my apoligies.

Doc Scott

Archived