TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3rd Annual Wicked Nationals BBQ & Car Show

mywickedshelby

I had a great time at the Wicked BBQ. :party2: Again, my thanks to Michael and Dale for a great event and their awesome hospitality. It was good to finally meet them, as well as to meet or see all the rest of you there! :grouphug:

I was especially shocked and awed that I actually won the raffle for the autographed Carrol Shelby poster :happy feet:

I must say also, that even prior to the event, QuadCam's Saw Mill Parkway Track Day was an unanticipated thrill... :shift:

I'm putting up a link here to my pitiful iPhone pictures...sorry I don't have time to label them today and do it the right way...

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/ilmor2003/Wicked%20BBQ%202010/

Sorry also that my cardboard cutout couldn't make it; hopefully he will be at some future events! :ninja:

Bob it was great to finally meet you.......thanks for taking the ride to make it happen.

It was Dale and my pleasure to be your hosts for the day.

So happy you had a good time and enjoyed the party.

Thanks for posting your pics~!

We look forward to you joining us again next year......... :salute:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to Dale and Michael for a great day! The Italian BBQ was excellent! I don't think anyone went away hungry with all that great food...

It was great to meet some more TS folks too!

-yellow pony

You are very welcome George and Laura, it was our pleasure being your hosts, and always great to put a face onto a TS screename,

thanks for making the trip down to share that beautiful day for a great cause.....

What a wonderful day of Friends, Food, and Fun!!! :party2:

Lauren and I got to see our NJ friends from Memorial Day at Lime Rock Park again, and met so many more nice people. :victory:

To finally meet those folks on the Internet in person is so gratifying. Such a great bunch new friends! :grouphug:

We had 5 parties leave out from CT to caravan down to the Wicked Nationals... More or less behaving until we hit the Saw Mill Parkway and we were off racing the road course. :banvictory:

Michael and Dale have a beautiful home and their hospitality is second to none! I'm telling you, Michael can cook!!! I ate way too much; so many entrees and desserts. :beerchug:

Can't wait until next year at the new venue! We can't thank you enough for such a fun time. :salute:

Rob and Lauren

:camera:

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/quadcam_bucket/3rd%20Wicked%20Nationals/

Rob and Lauren,

It was wonderful getting to spend more time with you both, we are so glad you made the trip down.

It was our pleasure having you join us.......there is really nothing better for me as cook to have such

an appreciative audience ......you all made it a great day for Dale and I. :salute:

Too bad I missed the Saw Mill Pkwy portion, the exact road I took to get to Lime Rock! :happy feet:

I also want to thank Mike and Dale for a great event, fabulous food, and especially taking time during setup to come get my sorry butt from the airport!

It was really great meeting all you Northern TS folks!

http://s611.photobucket.com/albums/tt191/grsybtch/2010%20Wicked%20Nationals/

You take a plane to my party from Georgia, you DONT take a cab from the airport..........we got cha covered! :happy feet:

It was really terrific of you to take the time to travel up to NJ for the little get together.........and it was equally as great getting to spend

more time together.

SO glad you had a great time.

And thanks for posting your pics! :salute:

Dale and I want to thank everyone who came out and joined us for the 3rd Annual Wicked Nationals.

We appreciate the time you have taken to travel to be with us for our little get together, your friendship, comaraderie and of course your support for the CSF.

we had a great time having you all as our guests.

Your positive comments are much appreciated and we are very happy you all had a great time.

We look forward to hosting you all again next year for the 4th Annual Party! :salute:

Great pics everyone..... :happy feet: Sorry for our delayed response Sean and I have been busy having lots of fun...... :happy feet: after we left New Jersey we went to Rhode Island for 2 days and joined up with my Son Bryan and his girlfriend.... :happy feet: then today we headed straight to a Shelby Mustang/Cobra Car Show in Connecticut..... :peelout::banvictory: and now it's back to work in the morning.... :cry:

Anyways Michael after enjoying our awesome rollercoaster ride on the Saw Mill Pkwy..... :peelout::yahoo::dance: we had a wonderful time at the Wicked Nationals and it was great to finally meet your Wife and Mother and spend time with all our TS friends........ :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: The food was delicious served by a great host..... ;) Looking forward to the 4th Wicked Nationals..... :rockon:

Here's a link to some more photos featuring a few from the CT convoy! :shift:

Sorry Rob, no photos from the Saw Mill Pkwy... My wife was hanging on for dear life and thus had to put down the camera! :hysterical2:

Click here for link to photos

DSCF0117.jpg

-yellow pony

Yo, Laura...

What? No "lost in the ghettos of Paterson, NJ" pictures?

:hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

Laurie, I believe you said you might have some good Saw Mill pics?? :camera::shift:

Are you kidding I wasn't able to hold a camera let alone remain in my seat..... :hysterical: I do have a few pics I'll post that I took on a "normal" road...... :hysterical:

Are you kidding I wasn't able to hold a camera let alone remain in my seat..... :hysterical: I do have a few pics I'll post that I took on a "normal" road...... :hysterical:

Actually when you told me that you had taken some pics from Sean's car I imagined you leaning out the window taking a video of the Saw Mill drive!!! :happy feet:

Yo, Laura...

What? No "lost in the ghettos of Paterson, NJ" pictures?

:hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

Yo Rob... :rockon:

"Lost in the ghettos of Paterson, NJ" would be a great name for a new reality show! Hmm, :headscratch: maybe we should contact the network execs and pass along the idea!

Unfortunately, we didn't snap any pictures of the streets of Patterson..... Laura was once again hanging on for dear life and keeping her head down (and cursing me for my wrong turn!) :hide:

-yellow pony

Yo Rob... :rockon:

"Lost in the ghettos of Paterson, NJ" would be a great name for a new reality show! Hmm, :headscratch: maybe we should contact the network execs and pass along the idea!

Unfortunately, we didn't snap any pictures of the streets of Patterson..... Laura was once again hanging on for dear life and keeping her head down (and cursing me for my wrong turn!) :hide:

-yellow pony

Honestly George, the way northern NJ is laid out, I easily could have been there with you!!! :hysterical:

As it was, I made two wrong turns, but managed to lead Sean and myself to a northbound GSP ramp...

...Had I made the third wrong turn???

The only difference would be me doing the cursing with Lauren doing the laughing! :hysterical3:

Archived