TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It Has Been 30 Years Now

First of all before I say anything else, I'd like to say congrats to team USA in the hockey game last night against Canada. Sorry to you Canadian TS members, maybe you'll get them next time. You played a good game anyways.

I just wanted say that so I don't sound like rubbing the USA victory in your face.

But here's a game event that both us members from USA and Canada can still cherish today.

Today is the 30th anniversary of USA beating the USSR in the winter olympics of 1980

On February 22,1980 was when USA beat the USSR in men's hockey 4-3

And this all happened in good Ol' Lake Placid New York

:cheerleader:Happy 30th anniversary USA :banvictory:

and here's video of that same miracle 30 years ago.

Edit: better video

In summer of 2009, I went up to Lake Placid to the stadium where the actual miracle took place.

I was in teen travel and we managed to sneek into the actual stadium where they played. I also managed to get some pics of the actual stadium itself inside.

Here's some :camera:

and I was just so happening to wear this that day :hysterical:

They also had a bobsled there too! happy feet.gif

and a big plaque

and the banner showing the Miracle on ice.

The center picture was for one of the players who passed away. cry.gif

Dan, too bad you didn't have a Shelby logo decal on you to slap on that Bobsled while you were there! Maybe a set of fender stripes or Shelby Performance Parts decal. hysterical.gif

Thanks for posting the pics and reminding all of us of that great day in U.S. sports history!

Dan, too bad you didn't have a Shelby logo decal on you to slap on that Bobsled while you were there! Maybe a set of fender stripes or Shelby Performance Parts decal. hysterical.gif

Thanks for posting the pics and reminding all of us of that great day in U.S. sports history!

Oops! I guess I forgot the decals at home. :hysterical2:

You're absolutely welcome Enis. My pleasure of posting these pics.

It was sure was a great day in U.S. sports history. I just wish that I was around when that happened. :hysterical:

I came into this world 14 years after the Miracle, but I sure love hearing the stories about how it was a big deal and one of the greatest games of the century.

I really want to see the movie Miracle again so I can get a bit more understandig of what it was sort of like to be behind the scenes and everything else, even though they dramatized it a bit.

That sure was a great moment in sports, the upstart American "kids" beating the seasoned Soviets...

With todays Canadian dismantling of the Russians, hopefully, it'll be a US v. Canada Gold medal game.....and with me and international hockey, its all about the Maple Leaf!, with the USA close behind...either way, it has been an interesting tournament so far

Archived