TEAM SHELBY FORUM

At New Years Eve we eat Oliebollen and Appelflappen

In The Netherlands everybody eats oliebollen and appelflappen on the 31st of Dec. The whole evening we have snacks until 12 and then we lit fireworks and drink lots of champagne. I took a photo. The oliebollen are very nice with powdered sugar. People from New Orleans, Louisiana probably recognize them. Bit like beignets but somewhat heavier. Appelflappen are with cooked apple and cinnamon inside.

Everybody a happy new year. For us it is less then 9 hrs to go. We are 6 hrs ahead of Eastern Time.

IMG_1828.jpg

PS: Look what we got from Chad (CCMellies). Thanks, Chad

Hi Patrick,

Actually its NordicShelby now but you can still remember me as CCMELLIES

Glad to see it arrived so quickly.

That food looks so good. When I was in France over Christmas I took a photo of every meal I ate there I should post them so everyone here in the states can see how awesome the European food is.

On a side note I was shocked at how many McDonalds are in France. There was also KFC and Subway. I hate McDonalds but our 3 year old daugher Savannah loves it so she made us a go a few times. To be honest the food at McDonalds was MUCH MUCH better there than at a McDonalds in the states, the buns are square without seeds and the meat actually was very good.

Next visit to Europe I will make a stay in Amsterdam to visit you for a day.

Hi Patrick,

Actually its NordicShelby now but you can still remember me as CCMELLIES

Glad to see it arrived so quickly.

That food looks so good. When I was in France over Christmas I took a photo of every meal I ate there I should post them so everyone here in the states can see how awesome the European food is.

On a side note I was shocked at how many McDonalds are in France. There was also KFC and Subway. I hate McDonalds but our 3 year old daugher Savannah loves it so she made us a go a few times. To be honest the food at McDonalds was MUCH MUCH better there than at a McDonalds in the states, the buns are square without seeds and the meat actually was very good.

Next visit to Europe I will make a stay in Amsterdam to visit you for a day.

Yes, you have to do that. Will PayPal you for the cars.

In The Netherlands everybody eats oliebollen and appelflappen on the 31st of Dec. The whole evening we have snacks until 12 and then we lit fireworks and drink lots of champagne. I took a photo. The oliebollen are very nice with powdered sugar. People from New Orleans, Louisiana probably recognize them. Bit like beignets but somewhat heavier. Appelflappen are with cooked apple and cinnamon inside.

Everybody a happy new year. For us it is less then 9 hrs to go. We are 6 hrs ahead of Eastern Time.

IMG_1828.jpg

PS: Look what we got from Chad (CCMellies). Thanks, Chad

Wow, that looks good! We will miss you two at the Bash. Have a wonderful New Year! :happy feet:

Leann

Archived