TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Fast Does Santa Travel

How fast does Santa need to travel?

Canada News -- Santa has 31 hours to do his job on Christmas, thanks to different time zones around the world? To travel around the world's 122 million kilometres in that time, that means Santa's sleigh has to move at a mind-blowing 1,047 km persecond-- 3,000 times the speed of sound!

-----

Santa has to travel with a lot of cargo: Assuming each child gets two pounds worth of gifts, Santa's payload amounts to an astonishing 321,300 tons.

-----

Santa has to make 822.6 visits a second, so, for each house, that means the fat man has less than 1/1,000th of a second to park the reindeer, shimmy down the chimney, fill the stockings, put gifts under the tree, eat whatever snacks were left for him and get back up the chimney and back to his sleigh before doing it all again.

:shift:

Now I know why the cookies and milk left on the fireplace mantle are always gone on Christmas morning. If I was working THAT fast, I too would have a heck of an appetite for snacks! But I wonder what the reindeer eat between stops???

Merry Christmas everyone!happy%20feet.gif

Now I know why the cookies and milk left on the fireplace mantle are always gone on Christmas morning. If I was working THAT fast, I too would have a heck of an appetite for snacks! But I wonder what the reindeer eat between stops???

Merry Christmas everyone!happy%20feet.gif

My grandkids made reindeer snacks at school this year. It consisted of multi colored marshmallows, oats, and glitter. Before bedtime the kids took a handful and threw it on the snow so that the reindeer could snack during Santa's visit.

When the kids checked outside in the morning they found the food was gone. The rabbit footprints in the snow was their proof that Santa's reindeer ate the snacks.

Archived