TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I lost my Mom Yesterday 12-12-2009

I am sorry to lay this on you all, you may have noticed that I have not been on that much lately. About 4 Months ago, my Mom was told she had Cancer after they did a Bi-Op on a mass that was found. The last 5 Weeks, she took a turn for the worse, she must have aged 20 Years in two weeks. She was taken to the local Hospice House 9 Days ago to get Her Meds regulated but, that didn't work. Last Saturday, She was able to spend time with ALL 6 of Her Kids and then Saturday Night she took another turn for the worse. She held on for 5 more Days. She passed away Yesterday Morning. I will miss Her greatly. She would tell me about the cool Cars and Mustangs that She would see when she would travel and she would sit with me watching the Barrett-Jackson Auctions. She was the strongest woman I have ever known. She ran the House, raised 2 Kids (4 Boys-2 Girls) received Her Black Belt in her 50's, had a full Heart Transplant 12 Years ago and was married to my Dad for 56 Years. She is at Peace and with God now and will be missed greatly. :angel:

David.

David, I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Cherish the years you had with her and know that she'll live in your memory forever.

Sincerly

Jim

tesgt, my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. We also lost my father-in-law a week after Thanksgiving, so these are some tough holidays. I know that the loss of a mother is especially tough to bear, having lost mine 2 years ago. Prayers to out to you also.

David - Let us know how you're doing, bro.

Thanks everyone. I am hanging in there Ruf, since Monday I have been also fighting the Flu but luckily it has not been that bad. I still have a hard time believing that she is gone, it was just a few Months ago that she was out tending to her Flower Beds. I must have cried more the last couple of Weeks then I have the last 30 Years. I know I have to be strong for my Dad and Sibs, good thing I live alone.

David.

Thanks everyone. I am hanging in there Ruf, since Monday I have been also fighting the Flu but luckily it has not been that bad. I still have a hard time believing that she is gone, it was just a few Months ago that she was out tending to her Flower Beds. I must have cried more the last couple of Weeks then I have the last 30 Years. I know I have to be strong for my Dad and Sibs, good thing I live alone.

David.

Hi David - sounds familiar. Let the tears flow freely, my brother.

Soon - you'll feel up to getting out the photo albums and re-living the times you spent with her.

Remember - we're here for ya.

Oh - you and I live alone - but we're never alone - here.

Hi David - sounds familiar. Let the tears flow freely, my brother.

Soon - you'll feel up to getting out the photo albums and re-living the times you spent with her.

Remember - we're here for ya.

Oh - you and I live alone - but we're never alone - here.

Hey Dave,

For those that have been through this it is a terrible time of the year to loose a family member, time will cure the hurt, but it will take a lot of time and it just actually gets easier to manage, the hurt will never go away. God bless my friend, I lost my dad last year and his brother the year before, he was buried on Christmas Eve, there is never a good time to loose a family member, but during Christmas it is just the pits....

Take care my friend and cry when you need to, it's part of the healing process... GG

I am sorry to lay this on you all, you may have noticed that I have not been on that much lately. About 4 Months ago, my Mom was told she had Cancer after they did a Bi-Op on a mass that was found. The last 5 Weeks, she took a turn for the worse, she must have aged 20 Years in two weeks. She was taken to the local Hospice House 9 Days ago to get Her Meds regulated but, that didn't work. Last Saturday, She was able to spend time with ALL 6 of Her Kids and then Saturday Night she took another turn for the worse. She held on for 5 more Days. She passed away Yesterday Morning. I will miss Her greatly. She would tell me about the cool Cars and Mustangs that She would see when she would travel and she would sit with me watching the Barrett-Jackson Auctions. She was the strongest woman I have ever known. She ran the House, raised 2 Kids (4 Boys-2 Girls) received Her Black Belt in her 50's, had a full Heart Transplant 12 Years ago and was married to my Dad for 56 Years. She is at Peace and with God now and will be missed greatly. :angel:

David.

Sorry my friend my heart goes out to and your family!!! She sounds like a well rounded mom and one tuff cookie to bad I wasnt close friends with you. Cause I would have challenged your mom to a throwdown my old best friend mom was 6'2 and built like a linebacker no lie she use to beat the crap of us she would hit you and it be like the movies. Sailing thru the air. Onetime she was pissed at me and saw me in my car she blocked me in and before I could get my window she grabbed me dragged me out the window and beat me. Her husband was NYC cop he was scared of her. She raised 5 kids with fear !!!But one thing that freaks me out about cancer I have known several friends and family that died of cancer. One of my buddy worked across the street from my PCT we talked almost everyday he ran SSI building. He was a heavy smoker but in shape healthy looking he found that he had cancer by luck he felt great never really sick. But after he found out it was like he fell apart and died quickly. Now I always wonder what if he didnt find out he had cancer would he have lived longer.

Sincere condolences David. I lost my Dad in July, and about to loose my Mother-in-law any day now.

Know that they each live-on inside us; in our hearts, in our memories, in our personalities.

I talk to my Dad often, I feel him close. Hold on to Her, David, she will be by your side until you are reunited.

-Rob

having lost my dad 7 years ago to cancer .... not a easy thing to do. MY heart and prayers go out to you and your immediate family

David so sorry for your loss. Moms are special and she will always be special in your heart. We know that she is in a better place. Hang in there David things will get better. David you will learn to deal wih it BUT you will Never forget and some times just little things that you do and say will remind you of your Mom. Remember My Bro to Grieve that is very important. I know also how it is to lose a Mom I lost Mine 2 years ago and lost my Dad 4 years before that. I miss them very much. Anyway David God bless you and may God give you peace with in your self and may God give you the wisdom to help comfort the rest of the family. You and your family will be in R thoughts and prayers. God bless

I am sorry to lay this on you all, you may have noticed that I have not been on that much lately. About 4 Months ago, my Mom was told she had Cancer after they did a Bi-Op on a mass that was found. The last 5 Weeks, she took a turn for the worse, she must have aged 20 Years in two weeks. She was taken to the local Hospice House 9 Days ago to get Her Meds regulated but, that didn't work. Last Saturday, She was able to spend time with ALL 6 of Her Kids and then Saturday Night she took another turn for the worse. She held on for 5 more Days. She passed away Yesterday Morning. I will miss Her greatly. She would tell me about the cool Cars and Mustangs that She would see when she would travel and she would sit with me watching the Barrett-Jackson Auctions. She was the strongest woman I have ever known. She ran the House, raised 2 Kids (4 Boys-2 Girls) received Her Black Belt in her 50's, had a full Heart Transplant 12 Years ago and was married to my Dad for 56 Years. She is at Peace and with God now and will be missed greatly. angel.gif

David.

David, sorry for your loss...my prayers go out to you and your loved ones...take care and be strong....

Archived