TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I lost my Mom Yesterday 12-12-2009

I am sorry to lay this on you all, you may have noticed that I have not been on that much lately. About 4 Months ago, my Mom was told she had Cancer after they did a Bi-Op on a mass that was found. The last 5 Weeks, she took a turn for the worse, she must have aged 20 Years in two weeks. She was taken to the local Hospice House 9 Days ago to get Her Meds regulated but, that didn't work. Last Saturday, She was able to spend time with ALL 6 of Her Kids and then Saturday Night she took another turn for the worse. She held on for 5 more Days. She passed away Yesterday Morning. I will miss Her greatly. She would tell me about the cool Cars and Mustangs that She would see when she would travel and she would sit with me watching the Barrett-Jackson Auctions. She was the strongest woman I have ever known. She ran the House, raised 2 Kids (4 Boys-2 Girls) received Her Black Belt in her 50's, had a full Heart Transplant 12 Years ago and was married to my Dad for 56 Years. She is at Peace and with God now and will be missed greatly. :angel:

David.

I am sorry to lay this on you all, you may have noticed that I have not been on that much lately. About 4 Months ago, my Mom was told she had Cancer after they did a Bi-Op on a mass that was found. The last 5 Weeks, she took a turn for the worse, she must have aged 20 Years in two weeks. She was taken to the local Hospice House 9 Days ago to get Her Meds regulated but, that didn't work. Last Saturday, She was able to spend time with ALL 6 of Her Kids and then Saturday Night she took another turn for the worse. She held on for 5 more Days. She passed away Yesterday Morning. I will miss Her greatly. She would tell me about the cool Cars and Mustangs that She would see when she would travel and she would sit with me watching the Barrett-Jackson Auctions. She was the strongest woman I have ever known. She ran the House, raised 2 Kids (4 Boys-2 Girls) received Her Black Belt in her 50's, had a full Heart Transplant 12 Years ago and was married to my Dad for 56 Years. She is at Peace and with God now and will be missed greatly. :angel:

David.

David, I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

jesus.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that our Father above will give you and your family some comfort in the coming days. I know this is very tough on you and your family. It sounds like your mom was a great mother to you and your brother and sisters. Keep her memory close to your heart and know that she is smiling down on you from the Heavans above.

I am very happy to hear that your mom is with our Lord. She now feels no pain and is very happy.smile.gif I know it's hard to find comfort in that at this time, but rest assured...she is in the best loving hands.

Animated-6.gif

Deeply, deeply, sorry to hear about your loss David. Very little can be said to comfort someone who has lost a loved one, especally if it's a parent.

My sincerest condolances to you and to everyone in your family, and may you all have solice knowing that she is no longer suffering from her illness and has traveled on to a place of peace and renewed health.

May God bless all of you.

Sorry to hear that your Mom has passed away. She must of had a great life with your Dad, sibblings and her friends. Life is measured by the memories that you have of that beloved person and you must have a bookfull.

God Bless You In This Time Of Need,

The Raber Family

So sorry for your loss David. My family will keep you and yours in our prayers. I lost my mom 12 years ago and my dad 16 years ago. I still miss them both every day. I know they are all in a better place and I will see them again someday. Keep the faith!

The Ervin family

David,

As a member of your Shelby family, I appreciate that you shared your loss with us. I know words alone cannot replace the kind eyes, warm smile and tender embrace of your Mom. She is (present tense on purpose) your Mom and will always be your Mom, just as you will always be her little boy. The way God measures time you will be apart only a brief moment. But the way we humans measure time, the two of you will be apart for much too long. And, right now, you are feeling more human than ever you have before. And it hurts to the core of your soul. Those of us who have walked this path will tell you that time will help and it will but, candidly, it will help only a little. As others have said, celebrate your Mom's time here on Earth and know that you will be with her when you are called home. In the meantime, and think about this, she is not alone and, instead, she is with all who went before her. Take care of yourself, please, as this will be a tough holiday season for you and the ones who knew and loved your Mom.

Jim

David, your words describe a very loving Mom, that lived a full life, raising 6 children and still finding the time and energy to receive and maintain her black belt. I'm very sorry for your families loss. Grab onto your family and hold them tight, for it's a families love that will ease the pain.

Our Prayers are with you.

Archived