TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Worthy dealership in Washington state?

mustanggt500

Newbie here, Thanks for the great posts. I just picked up my new 2010 GT500 Sterling Gray w/ Black Stripes and also am looking for a local dealer (live in Puyallup) for service work. Have a friend that has a 06 GT that gets his work done a the Enumclaw dealership and seems to like them.

If you see me driving around the Tacoma/Spanaway/Parkland area stop me and say hi. Looking for people to learn from, as I said I am new to this car thing and want my 9 year old son and I to have lots of fun this thing.

Korum Ford has a great Mustang mechanic that will take care of you. He owns a '08 GT500 I cant remember his name....Tall skinny guy.

Welcome to the form!

Korum Ford has a great Mustang mechanic that will take care of you. He owns a '08 GT500 I cant remember his name....Tall skinny guy.

Welcome to the form!

Glad to hear they have a good mechanic now. I bought two brand new Mustangs from Korum way back in 1988 and 1989 long before I was ever in the business. Their shop was terrible then so I swore them off and never returned - ever!

• 4 weeks later...

It seems Washington Ford dealerships are very territorial or spiteful one of the two. MM has been trying to get my car drop shipped and Bowen refused and Lakewood wont return calls.

Would like to go with Bowen, any word Five Oh B on why they wont let me drop ship there???

Anyone have a contact name I can call at Lakewood ford? I mean this is ridiculous geez. I just want my dang car delivered from Ford to a local Ford dealer I wouldn't think I was asking for the dealer to give me a free truck to go with it or something :rant2:

It seems Washington Ford dealerships are very territorial or spiteful one of the two. MM has been trying to get my car drop shipped and Bowen refused and Lakewood wont return calls.

Would like to go with Bowen, any word Five Oh B on why they wont let me drop ship there???

Anyone have a contact name I can call at Lakewood ford? I mean this is ridiculous geez. I just want my dang car delivered from Ford to a local Ford dealer I wouldn't think I was asking for the dealer to give me a free truck to go with it or something :rant2:

Yeah, you'd think that a little help would earn your Service business too. Hmmm, I guess they don't care about that? I need to find a good Service dealer in the Eugene, Oregon area too. If anyone knows of one please let me know.

DaFreak

The dealership I work for (Bowen Scarff Ford Lincoln Mercury) is not spiteful or territorial. They are one of the friendliest dealers imaginable, and has won more customer service awards for sales & service than most ever will. It's unfortunate that a drop ship could not be arranged here for the OP. Please understand that I have nothing to do with that part of our business so I had no influence on the decision. I appreciate that Grabber recommended our dealership, but the decision was outside of my control....

Our fleet manager is the only one that has the ability to do courtesy deliveries for drop-ships. He will no longer do them for anyone for any reason after having some very bad experiences with other dealers not completing all of the required paperwork with their customers before sending their customers to pick up their vehicles. Imagine customers showing up demanding a car that isn't officially or legally ready to release because the selling dealer forgot some details. We are the "face of Ford" at that point, as they have likely never even met the far-distant selling dealer, so they direct their frustration at us. Makes us look like the bad guy when it was the selling dealers dropping the ball. I trust MM wouldn't put our fleet manager in that position, but enough other dealers have that he made a decision to not do them anymore and save the headaches.

I spoke with MM on the phone yesterday and apologized and offered suggestions for other dealers in the area that might be able to help. The OP's wife, Diane, phoned me today. I apologized for the confusion and our fleet manager's resistence to doing a courtesy delivery. I gave her referrals for a few really nice dealerships that are close to their home in Tacoma. So, even though we can't accomodate the OP, I have tried to help by directing the OP to someplace that can. Lakewood Ford, Titus-Will Ford, and Van Cleve Ford are closer to the OP's home than we are (we're in a completely different county than the OP), and all three are respected dealerships. I don't know who to contact at those dealers about arranging a courtesy delivery, but hope that Diane can make some calls and find the right person. It is usually the fleet manager.

It's too bad that the few ruined it for the many. banghead.gif

ON THE OTHER HAND...GT500 OWNERS ARE DIFFERENT THAN MOST OTHER FLEET OWNERS. happy%20feet.gif

It sounds like five oh's fleet manager is very rigid and it's sad that he could not bend his little rule.

....such is life.

I commend 5-Oh for trying. salute.gif

...and I spank the fleet manager for being a putz. finger.gif

hysterical.gifhysterical2.gifhysterical.gif

ohsnap.gif

Didn't intend that/this as a jab or finger pointing contest. My question was a simple why would a Ford dealer not want to have a Ford vehicle delivered when it is paid in FULL and just needs to be cleaned up and turned over.

I have my personal opinions on why but I wanted to know if there was something amiss that i am not aware of. Apparently so. Again this was no way a jab at Five or anything, at most it is a high level of frustration that a Ford vendor will not take a Ford product and give it to the customer when it is paid in full in advance. A level of annoyance beyond words at this moment.

Nic

Didn't intend that/this as a jab or finger pointing contest. My question was a simple why would a Ford dealer not want to have a Ford vehicle delivered when it is paid in FULL and just needs to be cleaned up and turned over.

I have my personal opinions on why but I wanted to know if there was something amiss that i am not aware of. Apparently so. Again this was no way a jab at Five or anything, at most it is a high level of frustration that a Ford vendor will not take a Ford product and give it to the customer when it is paid in full in advance. A level of annoyance beyond words at this moment.

Nic

Nic,

You, Grabber, me, and everyone else on these forums are a band of brothers; connected to each other by our enthusiasm for all things Mustang. I'm sorry that I could not be of more assistance. Please understand that "courtesy deliveries" are not as simple as just cleaning up a car and turning it over to the customer. There are forms to be completed for Ford and an MSO to be signed off to make sure the car can be licensed & registered in our state. Sometimes, the selling dealer sells the car and collects the money, but fails to get proper signatures for the other items. Often times, they only collect their money for the car and do not collect sales tax or license fees due to our state because they are from out-of-state and don't know how to handle that. Sometimes this creates delays (that end up aggrevating the customer). I saw a courtesy delivery earlier this year here that took weeks to finish after the car arrived here because the selling dealer (from halfway across the country) dilly dallied around getting required paperwork done with his customer. That was likely the very last courtesy delivery our dealership did (the proverbial "last straw"). Our fleet manager has worked for us over 20 years and has done hundreds of courtesy deliveries in that time. Before working for us, he worked at Ford Motor Company for quite some time. He is very nice, very professional, and knows how to complete his end of the deal. It's a shame that other dealers have soured him to wanting to do any more courtesy deliveries, but that's his choice and our sales manager agreed with him (you'd better believe I went up the chain of command asking on your behalf).

Again, at this point all I can do for you is refer you to other good dealers in the area that might be willing to assist you. I personally really like Van Cleve Ford in Orting, but any of the major Tacoma dealers are good (i.e. Lakewood, Titus-Will). There are some good Seattle area dealers, but also a few really bad Seattle area dealers. I won't bad mouth any of them publicly online, but you can call me if you want my opinion (assuming you have to resort to a Seattle area dealer).

Many months from now when you're looking back on this, I hope you look past the issues of finding a local dealer, and simply focus on enjoying the car. Any local dealer will be pleased to service your GT500, regardless of who you bought it from. There are some very good SVT/Shelby dealers in the area that you can get great service from for maintenance and warranty work. There are a couple local Ford dealers that have SVT mechanics that own/know them better than you could hope for. Conversely, some local dealers have no business touching an SVT/Shelby vehicle, so ask around for as many recommendations as you can.

One last thing, Nic. Your wife is really cool. She really wants to make this GT500 work out for you and I can tell that this is important to her to do for you while you're deployed. She's a keeper! You are a very lucky man.

Archived