TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where's the best place to live?

I'm getting tired of paying taxes up the wazoo here in CT compiled with the over crowded roads and crappy winter months. I'd like to find somewhere warmer, less expensive to live and less crowded.

Based on where some of you live or traveled to, where's the "best" place to live?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For God's sake, stay as far away from Kalifornia as you can. Were sitting on a brown log, floating in a porcelain bowl, and waiting for someone to push the lever down any minute now.

State and L.A. County tax combined: 9.75% Buy something for $100.00 and pay just a tad under $10.00 in taxes. Some cities within L.A. county are over 10%.

Schools are in the crapper. The poor teachers are getting screwed badly.

Lousy goverment.

Lousy goverment leadership.

Goverment policies that have/are driving business out of the state everyday.

Unemployment rate: 12%

Crime is down slightly, but that's because the gang members can't afford the gas to do drive-by's.

Avarage fuel cost in So Cal (today): $3.00 a gallon.

91 octane max.

Can't touch (modify) your exhaust system before the cats (legally), can't touch most of the other engine components either.

Property tax will kill you.

Over inflated property values (even now).

You are taxed out the wazoo, but the roads and other infractures still crumble right before your eyes.

The state goverment just passed a bill that will essentally ban the sales of big screen TV's by 2013 unless the Mfg's can lower their power consumption by 50%. While the mfg's will probably comply, they say that the cost of those TV's will go up considerably.

And this sentiment is coming from a born and rased native Californian.

For God's sake, stay as far away from Kalifornia as you can. Were sitting on a brown log, floating in a porcelain bowl, and waiting for someone to push the lever down any minute now.

State and L.A. County tax combined: 9.75% Buy something for $100.00 and pay just a tad under $10.00 in taxes. Some cities within L.A. county are over 10%.

Lousy goverment.

Crime is down slightly, but that's because the gang members can't afford the gas to do drive-by's.

91 octane max.

Can't touch (modify) your exhaust system before the cats (legally), can't touch most of the other engine components either.

You are taxed out the wazoo, but the roads and other infractures still crumble right before your eyes.

The state goverment just passed a bill that will essentally ban the sales of big screen TV's by 2013 unless the Mfg's can lower their power consumption by 50%. While the mfg's will probably comply, they say that the cost of those TV's will go up considerably.

Only have a few more years until I can retire and when that comes all you will smell is burning rubber as I drive my GT500 across the state line

TEXAS :) no state income tax, sales tax is 8 1/4%, property taxes dependent on value of the property. great weather, although hot and sometimes humid, but that is great for the skin :) Shelby weather a good 10 months out of the year in Houston area B) cheap gas and car registration and insurance.

Enis, I hear you on the KROK (kommunistic republic of kalifornia)! It is really very sad how the place has become such a dump. I was born and raised there also and it breaks my heart evrytime I go back for a visit :( The perfect weather is still there but everything else is long lost.

Right now I'm in Tucson, AZ. It is sunny, 0-humidity (unlike the Carolinas), 76 degrees; now and through the rest of the month. Not the madness of Pee-O-Nix, flatlands, mountains, air so clean the place is covered in celestial observatories. Only 91 octane, but my cars user's amnual says that's enough.

Right now I'm in Tucson, AZ. It is sunny, 0-humidity (unlike the Carolinas), 76 degrees; now and through the rest of the month. Not the madness of Pee-O-Nix, flatlands, mountains, air so clean the place is covered in celestial observatories. Only 91 octane, but my cars user's amnual says that's enough.

Housing prices? Taxes? Ocean? :finger:

TEXAS :) no state income tax, sales tax is 8 1/4%, property taxes dependent on value of the property. great weather, although hot and sometimes humid, but that is great for the skin :) Shelby weather a good 10 months out of the year in Houston area B) cheap gas and car registration and insurance.

Enis, I hear you on the KROK (kommunistic republic of kalifornia)! It is really very sad how the place has become such a dump. I was born and raised there also and it breaks my heart evrytime I go back for a visit :( The perfect weather is still there but everything else is long lost.

Hi Sherri - I've got 2000 sq ft and my taxes are $1400 (1/2 acre) - city utilities. How would that compare to TX? Maybe I'll move! :lurk:

Except for the El Cholo Tamales, right? :drool::hysterical:

Sales tax is 15%, Taxed on everything, case of beer is $32.00 , gasoline $4.23 a gallon, you can only drive your Shelby 7 monthes, Snow is FREE , Unemployment is 10%, other than that its a great place to live you should look into moving to CANADA. :happy feet:

Wisconsin 5% sales tax

My home is valued at $199,000 taxes are $2200 a year 1500 square ft.

Nov. 22 temp is 48 degrees.

Gas is 2.60 Gallon.

Gets cold in January -20 about the coldest, usually lasts a week or two. I am not too fond of this month.

Nursing, welding and truck driving jobs everywhere.

Alot of lakes for fishing and woods for hunting.

Wisconsin Dells (water park)

Lousy goverment.

91 octane max.

I'd say you got it covered pretty well Enis, from another native Californian.

If you do not mind the cold...and it has been reasonable in the last few years (i guess global warming is true) then it is a good state to invest in...properties are dirt cheap and i have reasons to believe that we got hit with economy first and we will be first to recover...

we have 4 seasons that are noticeable and distinguished...yes winter is the longest among them :cry:

summer is amazing here ....!

The lakes are beyond description in up north Mi. You will have winter sports and summer full activities...In most areas schools are good and very nice hard working people here!

For me i love it and i ain't leaving it!

Lousy goverment.

91 octane max.

And we love it enough to say we call it Home Forever?????????? :hysterical:

But you forgot Earthquakes????????

I'm getting tired of paying taxes up the wazoo here in CT compiled with the over crowded roads and crappy winter months. I'd like to find somewhere warmer, less expensive to live and less crowded.

Based on where some of you live or traveled to, where's the "best" place to live?

+1..... :rant::banghead::runaway:

Oh I have to add very rude and inconsiderate people..... :finger:

And when you decide where the "best place" is save room in your luggage for me.... :happy feet: I tell people that all the time, when they go on a vacation or move, but I'm still sitting here in Connecticut.... :shrug::hysterical2:

Sales tax is 15%, Taxed on everything, case of beer is $32.00 , gasoline $4.23 a gallon, you can only drive your Shelby 7 monthes, Snow is FREE , Unemployment is 10%, other than that its a great place to live you should look into moving to CANADA. :happy feet:

I like your positive attitude..... :hysterical::hysterical:

Archived