TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FORT HOOD SOLDIERS ATTACKED BY PHYSCO MOSLEM U.S. ARMY MAJOR AND MD.

FYI!

"U.S. Muslims reacted with both anger and fear of backlash after revelations that Hasan is a practicing Muslim. The nation's major Muslim organizations and several mosques quickly condemned the attacks as contrary to Islam and highlighted the military service of U.S. Muslims, including those who have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. "The community is in a state of agony," said Muqtedar Khan, director of the Islamic studies program at the University of Delaware and a well-known progressive Muslim intellectual."

I guess that's something.

I echo what have been said...My prayers go to the victims and their families...Sad day indeed!

I'd like to hear from our Muslim members and get their thoughts maybe?

:lurk:

i posted it on the other thread...i rarely come here!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50192

I agree ....this is a very sad day indeed and my condolences and prayers go to the victims' families....am like the rest stunned with what happened and awaiting the results of the investigations to be announced since the criminal is still alive!

Maybe they will later...Right now they may be out celebrating...No one will ever convince

me that it was just a coincidence that the gunman was muslim...The people that think that

better wake up.

That is not right Keith........... the only Muslim member has voiced a strong opinion on this crime....you are off the chart on this one....It is a sad day to me!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like said this will make you sick

radical islamists

i have no idea what the h3ll those are...they represent themselves...they look scary to me. Those are the peaceful people:

masjidalharamMecca_big.jpg

pg-14-mecca-afp-gett_91556a.jpg

I HAVE A SUGGESTION

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD AWAY FROM BANTER OUT OF RESPECT TO THE LOSS OF THE VICTIMS AND THE LOSS OF THEIR FAMILIES!

IT IS TIME FOR PRAYERS FOR THE LOST SOULS AND THE GRIEVING FAMILIES.......ACTUALLY WE ARE ALL AFFECTED AND WE ARE ALL BEEN TARGETED BY THIS CRIME!

IT IS A SAD DAY!

As a retired Master At Arms, and now as a contractor to the DoN as a ECP Sentry.... here is the deal on guns.

It is illegal to bring weapons or ammo on any federal installation. That is Federal Law. Period. You bring a single bullet on ANY federal installation you are breaking the law. We do Random Antiterrorist Measures at various times and conditions to check for things like this. Unfortunately or fortunately many military members aren't smart enough to hide their guns or ammo so they are discovered during plain view searches. All the guns we got when I was on AD were cut up, destroyed. Its against FEDERAL law.

As far as arming active duty members. That is done. They are called Master At Arms, MPs, shore patrol, and other various names. They are the COPS! The lady that took down the shooter was armed, and doing her job. And she did it. If this guy had walked into McDonalds and started shooting would you call for all McDonalds employees be armed? No. You would call the cops.

Most junior ranked soldiers are trained on rifles, not sidearms. So issuing sidearms would be pointless. Believe me, when we qualify, half of those guys cant shoot an M9. Just like on Monday mornings its easy for the lawyer or accountant to armchair Tony Romo, but until you walk in his shoes its really difficult to form an educated opinion.

There are a ton more reasons too list, but I'm tired.

~edited for spelling and stuff :P

As a retired Master At Arms, and now as a contractor to the DoN as a ECP Sentry.... here is the deal on guns.

It is illegal to bring weapons or ammo on any federal installation. That is Federal Law. Period. You bring a single bullet on ANY federal installation you are breaking the law. We do Random Antiterrorist Measures at various times and conditions to check for things like this. Unfortunately or fortunately many military members aren't smart enough to hide their guns or ammo so they are discovered during plain view searches. All the guns we got when I was on AD were cut up, destroyed. Its against FEDERAL law.

As far as arming active duty members. That is done. They are called Master At Arms, MPs, shore patrol, and other various names. They are the COPS! The lady that took down the shooter was armed, and doing her job. And she did it. If this guy had walked into McDonalds and started shooting would you call for all McDonalds employees be armed? No. You would call the cops.

Most junior ranked soldiers are trained on rifles, not sidearms. So issuing sidearms would be pointless. Believe me, when we qualify, half of those guys cant shoot an M9. Just like on Monday mornings its easy for the lawyer or accountant to armchair Tony Romo, but until you walk in his shoes its really difficult to form an educated opinion.

There are a ton more reasons too list, but I'm tired.

~edited for spelling and stuff :P

Your premise is simply trying to rationalize the way things are, (which in this case got many soldiers killed), rather than how it should be. The excuse of "lack of training" is totally unexceptable considering the line of work the military is in.

With all due respect, you can't carry a cop everywhere you go, and they have no duty to protect you. I know; I was one. If you walked into a McDonalds and started shooting while I was in there you could expect the surprise of returned fire, and I'm certainly not an employee of McDonalds.

Your premise is simply trying to rationalize the way things are, (which in this case got many soldiers killed), rather than how it should be. The excuse of "lack of training" is totally unexceptable considering the line of work the military is in.

With all due respect, you can't carry a cop everywhere you go, and they have no duty to protect you. I know; I was one. If you walked into a McDonalds and started shooting while I was in there you could expect the surprise of returned fire, and I'm certainly not an employee of McDonalds.

Well said Snake Doctor!

Unfortunately, this type of incident is becoming all too common. The number of innocent dead victims at the hands of low-life criminals won't be curbed until any properly trained law abiding citizen who wants to carry a concealed weapon for protection is allowed to. Period.

Criminals might still get one or two victims as they start a rampage, but after that, the returning wall of lead would knock'em down.

If a soldier is trusted on carrying sidearm in a battle field where the stress is more then they are trust worthy carrying it in the base where the stress is less.

i agree with what has been said...i never known that soldiers are not allowed to carry sidearms in the bases. had it been other wise this tragedy could of been prevented...may be the psycho would never thought of doing it to start with!

I don't know how the Army operates but I'm still in shock as to how this guy ended up killing 13 people and injuring others with two hand guns,

I'd have to say that while I was AD at Camp Lejeune in NC (4 yrs ago) the person on watch/Duty always had a M-16 in the duty room with access to ammo and if something like this would've happened there the shooter would've been brought down in a heart beat- Again, I don't know the specs, did the incident happen in a store, barracks, parade.....

As a combat vet I too do not think it would be a wise idea for everyone to be armed on a military base, yes we are trained with weaponry but the effects of war now adays are making some do unthinkable things.

Prayers goes to all involved. :salute:

Yep! We can't trust these guys with weapons. http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?...4937&page=3

is that how they killed the wedding convoy and the civilians that were filling diesel for their fire places!

http://www.rferl.org/content/Afghanistan_C...ke/1193469.html

war is disgusting no matter who kills who....pretty amusing to some to see video games with people killed on the other end with civilians casualties on the rise, oh i forgot they are not counted humans since they are abroad!

SICK!

One of the wounded is from Ogden, Utah, north of us.

One of the soldiers killed was a 19 year old from the next town over from me here in Utah. :salute::cry: He was one of the first to die when this madness started. I drove past his parents and his house yesterday. There were American flags all over the lawn and lining the driveway and sidewalks. There were also flags lining the street in to his neighborhood. The funeral is supposed to be on Saturday. I imagine there will be hundreds if not more Utahans in attendence and lining the procession route. I'm planning on being there. We are that way when one of our own dies in service to our country.

I heard on the news that the coward that did this is awake and talking. I'm sorry to the liberals but why are we screwing wtih him? He should have been left to die last week. Now we'll have to pay for a long trial and endure all of the polital and religious rhetoric that won't bring back our brave troops and workers. :soapbox:

is that how they killed the wedding convoy and the civilians that were filling diesel for their fire places!

http://www.rferl.org/content/Afghanistan_C...ke/1193469.html

war is disgusting no matter who kills who....pretty amusing to some to see video games with people killed on the other end with civilians casualties on the rise, oh i forgot they are not counted humans since they are abroad!

SICK!

Who's laughing? Who said that it wasn't disgusting? Where's the wedding party in the link that I provided? Where's the relevance of your post? :headscratch:

However, from your link: "The head of the Afghan parliament's Defense and Territorial Integrity Committee says faulty intelligence from Afghan officials led to coalition air strikes on August 22 that killed 90 civilians in the western province of Herat."

I find it intriguing how you are all concerned about the "civilians" as long as they are Muslims, but not when they are Americans except in the context of trying to point out that these people are not the mainstream Muslim. Perhaps you should look into the tribe mentality of humans and decide which tribe of which you want to be a member. :headscratch: But as you do that, maybe you should also look into how many Muslims the Islamist Extremists are killing.

Who's laughing? Who said that it wasn't disgusting? Where's the wedding party in the link that I provided? Where's the relevance of your post? :headscratch:

However, from your link: "The head of the Afghan parliament's Defense and Territorial Integrity Committee says faulty intelligence from Afghan officials led to coalition air strikes on August 22 that killed 90 civilians in the western province of Herat."

I find it intriguing how you are all concerned about the "civilians" as long as they are Muslims, but not when they are Americans except in the context of trying to point out that these people are not the mainstream Muslim. Perhaps you should look into the tribe mentality of humans and decide which tribe of which you want to be a member. :headscratch: But as you do that, maybe you should also look into how many Muslims the Islamist Extremists are killing.

Did you read my post?....I said war is disgusting no matter who kills who. that applies to every one...Muslim or non and that where i stand.

As far as killing 90 civilians...may be the soldiers where having fun on the screen when they put the cross hair on the civilians before they started shooting...that vid will look like what you have linked to...however i find it hard to believe they cannot recognize the kids and the women....from the vid it seems pretty clear who the target is....so that convinced me more that any hit to civilians is very well meant and intended and that what made me SICK !

excuse me Doc i have to go to the rest room to throw up!

That is my last post on this thread.

Did you read my post?....I said war is disgusting no matter who kills who. that applies to every one...Muslim or non and that where i stand.

As far as killing 90 civilians...may be the soldiers where having fun on the screen when they put the cross hair on the civilians before they started shooting...that vid will look like what you have linked to...however i find it hard to believe they cannot recognize the kids and the women....from the vid it seems pretty clear who the target is....so that convinced me more that any hit to civilians is very well meant and intended and that what made me SICK !

excuse me Doc i have to go to the rest room to throw up!

That is my last post on this thread.

"Maybe the soldiers where [sic] having fun...."

So it's just your imagination that's got you upset. Got'cha!

I deal with reality, my friend, and as long as someone is trying to kill me or mine, (the latter in both the familial and tribal sense), then I shed not one tear for them when they die in the attempt. I do not pick fights with people who can kill me - nor do I side with people who go against the aforementioned.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33777070/ns/us...dy_at_fort_hood

FORT HOOD, Texas - A radical American imam on Yemen's most wanted militant list who had contact with two 9/11 hijackers on Monday praised alleged Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan as a hero on his personal Web site.

The posting on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.

Awlaki said the only way a Muslim can justify serving in the U.S. military is if he intends to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal."

"Nidal Hassan (sic) is a hero. He is a man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people," Awlaki wrote.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33777070/ns/us...dy_at_fort_hood

FORT HOOD, Texas - A radical American imam on Yemen's most wanted militant list who had contact with two 9/11 hijackers on Monday praised alleged Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan as a hero on his personal Web site.

The posting on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.

Awlaki said the only way a Muslim can justify serving in the U.S. military is if he intends to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal."

"Nidal Hassan (sic) is a hero. He is a man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people," Awlaki wrote.

This is disgusting! Anyone that condones this behavior needs to be shot.

This is disgusting! Anyone that condones this behavior needs to be shot.

Guess my Uncle being Italian descent AND born in Italy, who was in WWII and decorated hero, that fought and killed other Italians while engaged in battle, should have been understandable for him to turn on U.S. troops because HE was Italian? This guy may have been a U.S. citizen and a U.S. Officer, but in his heart he is a terrorist, traitor and a down right coward to kill innocent "un-armed" people like he did. This is nothing "but" a terrorist act and attack. If this guy would have been some other "white" guy on the rampage shooting, killing others and screaming "praise be to Jesus Christ, and some of the victims where Muslim, this would have been a drastic racial issue. We have been giving radical "whoevers" of no matter what the religion is or may be, way to much political correctness. I don't see anyone from the Muslim leadership taking a stand on policing their own. It's time they did if they claim to be peaceful people like it has been claimed by them. They want to stop this type of nonsense, then start by policing the people in your own religious groups. If not, then I can say I know where your beliefs lie and your heart is. There are many, but none that will take a stand against violence with action. Maybe it's O.K. to lie for your own benefit or the benefit of your people in the Koran? I don't think so, just their interpretation of what they read.

Pissed:

Steve, Veteran

USAF 1963-1969

My first question is did you ever wear a uniform?

after that...

I rationalized the way things are because that is the way they are. I don't know where you were on 9-11, but I was on a Master Jet Base, NAS Oceana. Everyone was flying training CATMS or blue bombs at the start of the day, once we realized what was going on, the real deal was strapped under the wings, and we were sent hunting.

And that happened within 20 minutes. Its easy to pass judgement when you've never played the game.

As far as MPs go. They get called for EVERYTHING. Just last night they were called for a dog off a leash, a broken bottle in the street, etc.... they get called for more minor crap than anything, because they are the law on base.

When you are gonna talk that much smack, I do hope you have a resume to back it.

My first question is did you ever wear a uniform?

after that...

I rationalized the way things are because that is the way they are. I don't know where you were on 9-11, but I was on a Master Jet Base, NAS Oceana. Everyone was flying training CATMS or blue bombs at the start of the day, once we realized what was going on, the real deal was strapped under the wings, and we were sent hunting.

And that happened within 20 minutes. Its easy to pass judgement when you've never played the game.

As far as MPs go. They get called for EVERYTHING. Just last night they were called for a dog off a leash, a broken bottle in the street, etc.... they get called for more minor crap than anything, because they are the law on base.

When you are gonna talk that much smack, I do hope you have a resume to back it.

Talking smack? Perhaps if you had more than 15 minutes in this forum - or could read well enough to catch the part that I was a police officer - you'd know that I was on a Marine base - 29 Palms to be exact - during the Beirut Bombing. Good enough resume for you boot?

Easy guys we are against the terrorists not ourselves....

the solution is that the system needs to be revamped key personell need to be armed, and political correctness needs to be toned down red flags are red flags they knew he was a psycho they knew his beliefs condemn waging war on fellow muslims yet they left him alone. some people dropped the ball due to political correctness and a tragedy took place. this is strike two for the powers that be (remember the grenade tossing in tent city muslim that killed his upper echelon commanders).

WTF does this conspirasist have to do with a psycho Army Male sub human muslim killer?????

an alternate govt hmmmm I take it for what its worth Interesting but NOT TRUE...

Whenever you post you stress on Muslim rather than waiting to see the motive behind that hideous crime, you always demean Islam and do not differentiate between psychos, nuts and believers WHO ARE GOD FEARING...you always mix between religion and politics for your hatred agenda! i call that hatred to Islam...Its flat out wrong!

meanwhile here is some thing for you to chew on:

http://www.rense.com/general64/moss.htm

Seriously back on subject. Im glad the Pres has decided to have a full investigation, finally he is doing something correct. When all is said and done hopefully we will have learned from this and purged out the terrorists/psychos. and put into protection elements that will prevent this again.

Seriously back on subject. Im glad the Pres has decided to have a full investigation, finally he is doing something correct. When all is said and done hopefully we will have learned from this and purged out the terrorists/psychos. and put into protection elements that will prevent this again.

Am on the same page on this one :)

Archived