TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FORT HOOD SOLDIERS ATTACKED BY PHYSCO MOSLEM U.S. ARMY MAJOR AND MD.

WTF? WTF? WTF?

A U.S. soldier attacks 30+ people and 13 are KIA. I hope to god the attacker was not an Al Qaeda plant or convert, and I pray for the murdered and injured soldiers and their famlies. Information and details are developing.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...3w7Y3gD9BPK9700

God bless America.

(Edited to reflect latest information).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTF? WTF? WTF?

Three U.S. soldiers attack 30+ people and 12 are KIA. I hope to god the attackers were not Al Qaeda plants or converts, and I pray for the murdered and injured soldiers and their famlies. Information and details are developing now.

God bless America.

Been watching on Fox since about 3pm...really sad. Prayers for all.......

The gunman has been identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan a recent convert to Islam. No one has yet assessed whether Major Malik Hassan was acting out of religio-political motivations, or whether there was another cause to the shooting. In Asan Akbar's 2003 grenade attack on fellow soldiers, he was very upfront about why he did it. Until the motivation is known, we won't know if this was an act of terrorism or something else.

WTF? WTF? WTF?

Three U.S. soldiers attack 30+ people and 12 are KIA. I hope to god the attackers were not Al Qaeda plants or converts, and I pray for the murdered and injured soldiers and their famlies. Information and details are developing now.

God bless America.

THIS IS HORRIBLE NEWS AND MAKES ME SICK. APPARENTLY THE

SOLDIER THAT ATTACKED ; AND WAS KILLED ; NAME IS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST. A

HASSAN SOMETHING OR OTHER.

I HOPE THIS WAS NOT AN AL QAEDA OPS. AND IF IT WAS I WOULD NOT

BE SUPRISED.

GOD BLESS THOSE SOLDIERS ,THERE FAMILIES AND AMERICA. MY HEART GOES

OUT TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM FOR THEIR LOSS.

RESPECTFULLY,

SCOTTY

The gunman has been identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan a recent convert to Islam. No one has yet assessed whether Major Malik Hassan was acting out of religio-political motivations, or whether there was another cause to the shooting. In Asan Akbar's 2003 grenade attack on fellow soldiers, he was very upfront about why he did it. Until the motivation is known, we won't know if this was an act of terrorism or something else.

He is/was a Major and a MD??? Jesus Christ, is nothing sacred any more? Regardless of the asshole's motivation, I hope that he's gets what he deserves, a firing squad.

I will reserve further comments until the asshole's motivation is revealed (if ever), but I am expecting the historical worst.

In Asan Akbar's 2003 grenade attack on fellow soldiers, he was very upfront about why he did it.

What did I miss here? He threw the grenade? If he did , why was he out and about?

My heart is sad. Prayers for all at Ft. Hood tonight. RIP to those that gave all.

A recent convert to islam hmmmmmmmmmmmmm a Major and a DOCTOR Jesus what is our world coming to..

I am too full of rage to even put propper words to this.

Now it turns out the lone gunman is alive.

My thoughts and prayers to those on the base, especialyl those familites who lost loved ones.

This is not going to be anything close to pretty in the long run, it's just not.

:( that is just not good

Our thoughts and prayers to the good people of our Armed forces that gave the ultimate sacrifice today! May peace be with you!

And to that despicable P.O.S, put one between the eyes, so our touchy feely legal system won't spend a million dollars on this pricks defense

Our thoughts and prayers to the good people of our Armed forces that gave the ultimate sacrifice today! May peace be with you!

And to that despicable P.O.S, put one between the eyes, so our touchy feely legal system won't spend a million dollars on this pricks defense

hopefully, it won't be "touchy feely" in the military courts...at least I don't think it will be.

When I first read this on the news, instantly my stomach started to turn and I felt sick. My heart and prayers go out to all of the family members of the Soldiers and the great Americans that were killed today at Fort Hood. It is really said when an Army Officer goes on a killing spree and kills unsuspecting Soldiers on an american military base or period for that matter. This needs to serve as a wake up call for the US Military to change their policies in regards to who they are letting in the military. We are at war with the muslim world. Should it be a surprise that the person who committed this terrible crime against humanity is muslim? I know there are people out there that will read this and think that I am prejudice. Believe, I am far from it. But, I am a realist! We as a country should not profile people because of their race or ethnic background. We need to wake up, before this happens on a much larger scale next time. People, it is not a matter of how, but when!! If this can happen on a military base, then I submit to you that it can happen anywhere.

What did I miss here? He threw the grenade? If he did , why was he out and about?

My heart is sad. Prayers for all at Ft. Hood tonight. RIP to those that gave all.

The Soldeir that threw that grenade was court-martialed and sentenced to death...thank goodness!!

Hearing this morning that the killer and the female policewoman who shot him are both alive??!!

I was hoping that the b--st-rd was alive, and I hope they keep him alive so that he can pay for this the rest of his life on Earth (then God will take care of the rest).

Regardless of his motives, psychotic or idealist based, this MUST be viewed as a Terroristic attack....it was an indiscriminant attack on a group of people...although the FBI is trying to spin it another way....

Reports from the base commander this morning is that he WAS shouting Allah Akbar during the shootings....well, thats just dandy....

How in the HELL are military personnel NOT allowed to carry a sidearm?

If there is an attack on any base in the world, you want your soldiers prepared to repel an attack, not figure out where the armory is try to go get a weapon!

...what were these people supposed to do? Throw their PX shopping bags at him?

WAKE UP U.S. Military- Let this be a hard lesson, and do the right thing.....arm ALL soldiers stationed on a base while they are on it....this attack would have ended in a heartbeat if everyone was armed.

This same BS happened at Pearl Harbor. My grandfather was stationed at Hickam field in the Army Air Corp....hey ran from his barracks to the armory and all they had were Colt 1911A pistols.....so there he is, standing in the quad, shooting a pistol at strafing Jap Zeros in his underwear....its almost funny if not completely pathetic...they never thought that would happen either.

These people are either trusted to defend us at ALL times or should not be allowed to carry at all...I know there are problems with accidental discharges, but here you have the absolute worst case scenario....

A DEFENSELESS MILITARY

Regardless of his motives, psychotic or idealist based, this MUST be viewed as a Terroristic attack....it was an indiscriminant attack on a group of people...although the FBI is trying to spin it another way....

Reports from the base commander this morning is that he WAS shouting Allah Akbar during the shootings....well, thats just dandy....

How in the HELL are military personnel NOT allowed to carry a sidearm?

If there is an attack on any base in the world, you want your soldiers prepared to repel an attack, not figure out where the armory is try to go get a weapon!

...what were these people supposed to do? Throw their PX shopping bags at him?

WAKE UP U.S. Military- Let this be a hard lesson, and do the right thing.....arm ALL soldiers stationed on a base while they are on it....this attack would have ended in a heartbeat if everyone was armed.

This same BS happened at Pearl Harbor. My grandfather was stationed at Hickam field in the Army Air Corp....hey ran from his barracks to the armory and all they had were Colt 1911A pistols.....so there he is, standing in the quad, shooting a pistol at strafing Jap Zeros in his underwear....its almost funny if not completely pathetic...they never thought that would happen either.

These people are either trusted to defend us at ALL times or should not be allowed to carry at all...I know there are problems with accidental discharges, but here you have the absolute worst case scenario....

A DEFENSELESS MILITARY

Unfortunately, allowing every one to be on a military base ARMED would create more problems than it would solve. Although it might sound like a good idea, believe me, it's not a good idea. We had enough accidents happen doing simple range fires under strict instruction and supervision; I couldn't imagine that it would be lessened off the range and offset a tragic event like this.

And that's what this is, folks. It happened. There's no sense right now in trying to change things before the event, because we all know that can't happen... justify it however you want, blame whoever you want, and be mad at whoever you want; bottom line is we're never going to be able to monitor this stuff close enough to prevent every situation. It's unfortunate, but true.

My condolences to all the families involved yesterday.

Unfortunately, allowing every one to be on a military base ARMED would create more problems than it would solve. Although it might sound like a good idea, believe me, it's not a good idea. We had enough accidents happen doing simple range fires under strict instruction and supervision; I couldn't imagine that it would be lessened off the range and offset a tragic event like this.

And that's what this is, folks. It happened. There's no sense right now in trying to change things before the event, because we all know that can't happen... justify it however you want, blame whoever you want, and be mad at whoever you want; bottom line is we're never going to be able to monitor this stuff close enough to prevent every situation. It's unfortunate, but true.

My condolences to all the families involved yesterday.

So what you are saying is, when a group of 20 terrorists can somehow sneak onto a base armed, we are just screwed...tens of thousands of Texans are carrying concealed weapons, including myself, and there has not been a single accidental discharge in the 12 years we have allowed it. Are you telling me that our TRAINED soldiers cannot be trusted to carry a loaded firearm? Thats BS Sic, Im not saying they should carry an M-16 around, but a sidearm. ALL personnel should be prepared to repel ANY attack or enforce their directives. PERIOD.

So what you are saying is, when a group of 20 terrorists can somehow sneak onto a base armed, we are just screwed...tens of thousands of Texans are carrying concealed weapons, including myself, and there has not been a single accidental discharge in the 12 years we have allowed it. Are you telling me that our TRAINED soldiers cannot be trusted to carry a loaded firearm? Thats BS Sic, Im not saying they should carry an M-16 around, but a sidearm. ALL personnel should be prepared to repel ANY attack or enforce their directives. PERIOD.

Dubbs, don't call me out on this okay? As far fetched as it may seem the Marines, Army, whoEVER, aren't just going to all the sudden open up the armories and allow concealed weapons, ESPECIALLY on a military base. Not saying that I wouldn't like to see that, but it's not a realistic answer to what happened.

Furthermore, with the suicide rate in the military at this point, you would be putting available weapons and creating more liabilities than preventing them. Believe me, this I know. What's going to happen is the base will enter an elevated "threat" level, notifying all base members to be more vigilant. What they're *not* going to do is say "Mmmm okayy, here's you 9 mil everyone, use it wisely, and if it moves, shoot it!!"

Savy?

Dubbs, don't call me out on this okay? As far fetched as it may seem the Marines, Army, whoEVER, aren't just going to all the sudden open up the armories and allow concealed weapons, ESPECIALLY on a military base. Not saying that I wouldn't like to see that, but it's not a realistic answer to what happened.

Furthermore, with the suicide rate in the military at this point, you would be putting available weapons and creating more liabilities than preventing them. Believe me, this I know. What's going to happen is the base will enter an elevated "threat" level, notifying all base members to be more vigilant. What they're *not* going to do is say "Mmmm okayy, here's you 9 mil everyone, use it wisely, and if it moves, shoot it!!"

Savy?

No, no, not calling you out, but it is alarming to think that a soldier cannot be trusted as much as a civilian. Soldiers go through 1000X more training with firearms, so it stands to reason that they would be more qualified to carry them. The fact is, he had 2 handguns. Everyone else had zero. A crazy person intent on doing this will find a way to get a gun. All you are doing is creating casualties by disarming the responsible.

If a crazy pulls a gun in a room full of people with guns, he isnt getting off 43+ shots is all Im saying.

No, no, not calling you out, but it is alarming to think that a soldier cannot be trusted as much as a civilian. Soldiers go through 1000X more training with firearms, so it stands to reason that they would be more qualified to carry them. The fact is, he had 2 handguns. Everyone else had zero. A crazy person intent on doing this will find a way to get a gun. All you are doing is creating casualties by disarming the responsible.

If a crazy pulls a gun in a room full of people with guns, he isnt getting off 43+ shots is all Im saying.

I understand your frustration. However, there's a reason why military bases have armories, and weapons are kept under guard, lock and key, etc. The fact that this happened on a military base, out of all places, goes to show how vulnerable we are... And like you said, "A crazy person intent on doing this will find a way to get a gun," they'll find a way to cause harm irregardless of preventative measures (like allowing base members to have a CCW, or "removing your shoes" when you go through airport security).

Granted someone who robs a gun store is just plain stupid; I can't argue that a gunmen on a military base is any different.

Archived