TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Girl: Back for 2010!

robertlane

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I said there's only one acceptable Team Shelby member that could fit this roll and that's Jen. Though if you're going to say that the girls that I posted aren't "real women," regardless of whatever aftermarket parts they may have, you sir clearly have different taste than I do. I don't know why picking a Team Shelby girl matters, I'd bet the other girl had no affiliation.

I think if you took the average age of all the members, many would have different tastes than you. Not that yours are bad cause that is not the the case. I just prefer someone a bit more mature. I like the vote idea but I still like the locals :)

We're kicking around the idea of bringing back the iconic Shelby Girl for 2010. This would also coincide with the 45th Anniversary of the Shelby Mustang.

Here's one of the original Shelby Girl posters.

shelby-girl.jpg

:happy feet: How about this idea. Instead of having a Poster Girl, how about having a Shelby calendar. That way you could add a little variety and have 12 different models of varying ages (shapes and sizes) and have them pose with 12 different Shelby products. I believe a Shelby calendar with some actual Team Shelby women would be a big hit. Then, they could go to the various car shows in their respective regions representing the Shelby brand.

:happy feet: How about this idea. Instead of having a Poster Girl, how about having a Shelby calendar. That way you could add a little variety and have 12 different models of varying ages (shapes and sizes) and have them pose with 12 different Shelby products. I believe a Shelby calendar with some actual Team Shelby women would be a big hit. Then, they could go to the various car shows in their respective regions representing the Shelby brand.

+1 I think a calendar is a fantastic idea! "The Shelby Women Of Team Shelby!"

I told my old lady/wife that they were look'n for a "Shelby Girl", her response was typical of todays women, "what kinda slut does she have to be"? I wasn't thinking real quick and said "maybe you should pose"? I was trying to be nice but she smacked me alongside the head, women..................

:punched:

I told my old lady/wife that they were look'n for a "Shelby Girl", her response was typical of todays women, "what kinda slut does she have to be"? I wasn't thinking real quick and said "maybe you should pose"? I was trying to be nice but she smacked me alongside the head, women..................

:punched:

:hysterical2:

That's one of those times when as you talking your thinking "Dude, what the hell are you saying" but you can't stop yourself.

I like the calender idea alot. I feel honored that anyone would think that I would make a good Shelby Girl. And yes, I would bare some skin for a professional photographer. Whether they decide to pick me, another girl, a few girls ( maybe a guy, lol) or just keep the one they already have, I'll be happy. I do think that this is a great idea to make again for the Shelby Foundation!

Do I really have to explain it to you?

But you don't have a problem with someone under age??? How old are you anyway?

Bob, you don't have to explain anything to me. Is it your daughter? :redcard::banghead: If so then I wish you would have just said something. I'm not that young and not that old, however, if she's underage then I absolutely do have a problem with it and wish you would have just stated that. In all fairness she doesn't look that young. Please understand that no offense was meant.

Yes, Im starting to get that impression, she is Bob's daughter....but I agree, she looks 18+, and Bob, she is very easy on the eyes! So dont hold it against him, as I think it was meant as a full on compliment when it was first brought up. Man, Ive got a blonde daughter too, and I definitely dont look forward to that age at all! Luckily, she's just coming up on 3, so I have a few years to prepare.... :censored:

On the other hand, SPRSNK has a daughter that loves to pose and has a good picture with a Terlingua in a bikini if Im not mistaken, and she has won every beauty pageant she has done as far as I know....but Im not gonna start posting up other TS member's pics...that's for him to offer. (Rick, you think Chelsea would want to do it?)

But I do want to ask that everyone be NICE to ALL of our lovely ladies here and be respectful, as we are all a sort of family here...this is for Shelby to decide anyway. Im sure they will just use a local talent for anything like that in LA or LV...it seems the easiest option, and the area is not void of beautiful girls as we all know.

Bob, you don't have to explain anything to me. Is it your daughter? :redcard::banghead: If so then I wish you would have just said something. I'm not that young and not that old, however, if she's underage then I absolutely do have a problem with it and wish you would have just stated that. In all fairness she doesn't look that young. Please understand that no offense was meant.

Bob

no offense from me either and I was thinking she had the look of the All American Girl and should be pictured next to the All American Car...

Laurence

This calender idea rocks. I don't know if we can get it done in time though.

Let me inquire.

:headscratch: Thinking outside the box a bit here, but I don't think it would be terribly important if a calendar came out a little late, say sometime during the first quarter of 2010. Maybe have the ladies submit their images on disc and then do a little, cutting and pasting using a photo-shop type program. Send it all to the printer and poof, you've got a calendar. If all goes well and it's cost effective, do a more professional calendar for 2011, with maybe a deadline of 3rd quarter of 2011. Looking at the images on SECONDA's post and knowing that this lady is a "real" Shelby enthusiast and not just a pretty model would make the Shelby calendar really special. (a brief bio on each picture) Just need to find 11 other willing participants. :happy feet:

This is going downhill.

Yep it sure is. We just need one really HOT SHELBY GIRL for 2010 and then for 2011 an ever hotter one. Every Year get a new Shelby Girl.

Yes the calender is a good idea and we should have a different girl for each month but we do need one main Shelby girl MASCOT. Yeah if she has a shelby all the better but if not its not that important to me.

Jen mentioned she would do nude shots well I think she she post a couple pictures so we can make sure everything is in good working order. :confused: Just kidding Jen.......

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here.

There cannot be one "Shelby Girl" if she comes from our lil' community here. I suggest we do a calender with 12 girls from the community here. They could be members wives, spouses, or friends posing with the members car. That way everyone gets a fair shake at it. We don't need to find some "super model". I'd rather see an everyday beauty get the nod over a super model.

Oh, and make it clean. I don't need a calender with naked women in it. I have kids here.

Archived