TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got Me a New Hood (PICS)

wickedstangs

I respect your point of view on this, and see you are a KR owner. Not sure i understand the exclusivity discussion though. There are vin numbers in place and a registry to protect against fraud. If you look at the sheer numbers; how many 2007 - 2009 gt500's were built and then how many 2007 - 2009 KRs were built. Then you begin to see the gap and the miss in revenue and customer satisifaction in the after market. No Flames.....I understand your point of view. My guess is someone comes out with a carbon fiber look alike and then everyone will be happy.

How does this compare to the Tiger Racing Hood some are using for track use? I would guess the TR hood should be better as far as heat extraction.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, Does anyone here have this hood? If so, what's the scoop? SunCoast KR Hood

There are several on the forum with that hood. BJ's car is the red one in the picture. They are all very happy with their hoods although 3 or 4 of the early hood purchasers got their hoods from the person that made the mold and sold it to Suncoast.

I have seen the Suncoast hood too. Quality wise it seems be fair much better than the TruFiber but it does not look at all like a KR hood. Its nice, but its not a copy of the KR.

I'm after the look, I don't care about copying the KR hood. Thanks for everyones input.

• 3 weeks later...
I have seen the Suncoast hood too. Quality wise it seems be fair much better than the TruFiber but it does not look at all like a KR hood. Its nice, but its not a copy of the KR.

Looking at the Suncoast hood, the heat extraction vents in the back are not WIDE open (they are partially inclosed with a front facing grill on them) like say a SS hood or the one from Trufiber. I can see where this would be OK for heat extraction as speed, but no so much at lower speeds, or sitting (say at a light). Just with that freaking SS hood was not so 'spensive, or there was a known-good KR-looking Venom hood (with wide open heat extractors on the back of course). The hunt continues.

jcthorne - Did I read your hood has some cracks or wavyness in it now? Hope now and know I would be going out of my mind as I remember when you first posted pics of the hood and ALL the work you put into that puppy.

The place for the best hood, that will last over time (Why is nobody offering a Carbon Fiber, KR-looking hood?) continues.

I have a question for those who installed aftermarket hoods, Has the body shops blended the fenders on your cars? The reason im asking is that I asked several body shops and they all said they must blend the fenders when installing a new hood. I think that is crazy to paint fenders on a 2k mile car.

I have a question for those who installed aftermarket hoods, Has the body shops blended the fenders on your cars? The reason im asking is that I asked several body shops and they all said they must blend the fenders when installing a new hood. I think that is crazy to paint fenders on a 2k mile car.

Yes, on my Redfire Clearcoat 2005 Mustang GT, the fenders were blended when the hood was painted, something with how the metallic spray pattern from the factory will be somewhat different than aftermarket painting and how it could be noticed when your standing in front of your car and looking from one fender to the other.

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

When I go to do another Trufiber Venom hood on my GT500, I suspect my painter might do the same, but it being a solid color (Torch Red) with no metallic, I'm not too sure yet.

I've seen several cars where just the hoods were painted, even using the car's paint code, and you can definitely see a difference when staring staight at it. You may not notice it at first, but there are definitely shade/tone differences.

Yes, on my Redfire Clearcoat 2005 Mustang GT, the fenders were blended when the hood was painted, something with how the metallic spray pattern from the factory will be somewhat different than aftermarket painting and how it could be noticed when your standing in front of your car and looking from one fender to the other.

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

When I go to do another Trufiber Venom hood on my GT500, I suspect my painter might do the same, but it being a solid color (Torch Red) with no metallic, I'm not too sure yet.

I've seen several cars where just the hoods were painted, even using the car's paint code, and you can definitely see a difference when staring staight at it. You may not notice it at first, but there are definitely shade/tone differences.

Thanks for the reply I just have a hard time painting my fenders love the hood want it on my car just cant sleep at night thinking I ruined my car by painting the fenders. Does Shelby Autos have every car that gets a new hood painted or do they just paint the hood?

Thanks for the reply I just have a hard time painting my fenders love the hood want it on my car just cant sleep at night thinking I ruined my car by painting the fenders. Does Shelby Autos have every car that gets a new hood painted or do they just paint the hood?

I'm faced with the same problem . It seems that the metallic paints are particularly troublesome with matching . All the painters I have talked to say you have to blend the fenders.

I have chosen not to blend the fenders in the event I want to switch back to the stock hood some day.

I had the paint store custom mix the paint (Vista Blue) as we did a few test samples . Then we chose the closest match. I plan to paint the hood either this weekend or next.....hoping for the best.

So, Does anyone here have this hood? If so, what's the scoop? SunCoast KR Hood

guys, I am closing this thread. This hood is a violation of our IP rights and we are taking action against them

On another note, we are making a new KR styke hood to sell to the GT500 owners. Sorry, but allowing this to continue hurts us.

Amy

Archived