TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Alcoa Super Snake Wheels Installed !!

08 Mustang

LOL no, I mean the sensors for the new wheels, did you take them off of the original wheels? I am assuming so, but I don't want to break my original wheels and tires down.

I bought my car from the dealership new with those Alcoas already on the car and assume they must have relocated the air-pressure sensors from the stock 18" wheels to the Alcoas.

The wheels look great. I have an '08 GT500 vert with the Ford Racing Handling Pack (and the Perf Pack) and the next mod I was considering was the 20" Alcoa wheels. Question is how much did the ride quality suffer once you changed from the 18" OEM rims? When I talked to the Shelby guys when they were at Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit, they were "hesitant" about making the recommendation for these wheels since my car was a vert (cowl shake and other problems). Would appreciate any comments before making the investment.

• 2 weeks later...

please more info on these wheels, i am interested in getting a set for my gt500 and have plenty of questions, like

if you have an sct tuner, can you tell it to not look for the air sensor?

how is the ride comfort with these wheels?

has anyone put a drag radial on them and how wide without any rubbing.

please more info on these wheels, i am interested in getting a set for my gt500 and have plenty of questions, like

if you have an sct tuner, can you tell it to not look for the air sensor?

how is the ride comfort with these wheels?

has anyone put a drag radial on them and how wide without any rubbing.

wheels and center caps can be bought here - http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...oa%20Wheel.aspx

by your tires at a local tire shop, trust me!

you can not turn off the TPMS sensors

car is going to be more responsive, you will feel more of the road with the low profile tire

at stock height, you can run just about any size tire out back that you want without rubbing, but if you start doing any suspension modifications like I did that lowers the car more that 1"-1.5", you must go with a 275/35/20.

Looks great! I'm looking to do the same. I have 07 red convt. I have a picture of how the rims looks on a red convt. I just bought the Trufiber vemon hood . I cant wait to put it all together. thanks for sharing.

Miguel

I am so jealous Miguel!!

I had a Trufiber Venom Hood on my last car and I am looking foward to being able to get another one for my GT500. When you're finished, the car is going to look freakin awesome!!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Archived