TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Congradulations you have Gall Stones

Well I got the news via phone this morning. About a two weeks ago I got sick and started throwing up, bloating, chest back pain etc. Lasted for about a day and a half and recovered with the BRAT diet. I thought it was just bad taco bell. Well this weekend I spent a wonderful friday with my wife and son at Seaworld for our 5 year anniversary. About 2:00am Saturday I had the same symptoms but a lot worse with a low grade fever. Slept for three straight days/nights without moving, watching tv, or getting out of bed. Went to the Doctor Tuesday and they ran an abdominal x-ray, all the fluids, and an abdominal ultrasound. Still feel very bloated and the doc is giving me a referral this afternoon to see what they want to do about it. Gall Stones at 28 and my hair is starting to grey, looks like I am falling apart :shift: . Go drive your Shelby's for me tonight :)

Roger

I hope you have good Insurance.....or are you going to try and wait for Obama's Plan to kick in...... :hysterical:

Sorry....couldn't help myself........Good luck. I am 48 and have been lucky enough NOT to have those....... (knock on wood).

Yeah,

I have great insurance so no worries there. I have been told by some it feels a lot like a heart attack. Kinda scary because I wouldn't have recognized it. Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you don't get it because they are NOT fun :)

Roger

I hope you have good Insurance.....or are you going to try and wait for Obama's Plan to kick in...... :hysterical:

Sorry....couldn't help myself........Good luck. I am 48 and have been lucky enough NOT to have those....... (knock on wood).

Yeah,

I have great insurance so no worries there. I have been told by some it feels a lot like a heart attack. Kinda scary because I wouldn't have recognized it. Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you don't get it because they are NOT fun :)

Roger

How different are they from Kidney Stones? Are you going to have to have Surgery?

How different are they from Kidney Stones? Are you going to have to have Surgery?

I really don't know. I know they don't pass like kidney stones do. I have a surgical consult. So the preliminary ultrasound/xray reading say I have sludge and stones but the size etc. will dictate whether I will require surgery. If not they can zap them with a "lazer" (in my best Austin Power's voice) similar to kidney stones. The worst part has been the pressure in my upper body. The doctor gave me some medicine to settle my stomach but its a patch until they decide on the fix.

Roger

On the upside this morning I weighed in and lost another 5 pounds since Tuesday lol. I hadn't really lost anything by tuesday, but I am now down to 184. I am going to start looking like grabber soon. My goal at the beginning was 185, I am now shooting for 175. I have lost approx 23 pounds so far so I lost a quarter of a 10 to my times lol.

Roger

Hey sorry about the stones :cry: I have attacks very seldom. I have kidney stone attacks more and they R a B####. I go to the ER and they give me a six pak of morphine and I am fine go home and catch it in the screen.The biggest on I have passed was 5cm tore the heck out of me on the way out and I bleed like a stuffed pig.Anyway ask your Doc if you still could pass the gall stones even after the surgery. There are some that do and they wish they would not of gotten the surgery. I'll be praying for you Bud. Take care God bless

Hey sorry about the stones :cry: I have attacks very seldom. I have kidney stone attacks more and they R a B####. I go to the ER and they give me a six pak of morphine and I am fine go home and catch it in the screen.The biggest on I have passed was 5cm tore the heck out of me on the way out and I bleed like a stuffed pig.Anyway ask your Doc if you still could pass the gall stones even after the surgery. There are some that do and they wish they would not of gotten the surgery. I'll be praying for you Bud. Take care God bless

Wow, thank you so much. It seems kidney stones are a lot worse as they have a different way of passing. I have heard they are extremely painful. I am pretty sure that the doc is going to recommend surgery as I have both stones and sludge. I guess men typically only have the sludge. So we will see, it is not fun watching my wife eat all the goodies while I am on the BRAT diet. I still have some pressure in my stomach but nothing out of the ordinary right now. I was able to eat a little Pei Wei for those familiar, but that treat was limited to a couple of fork fulls. Either way I can't wait until it gets resolved and my diet becomes somewhat normal again. I really do appreciate the prayers. Same to you and yours. God bless!!!

Respectfully,

Roger

Archived