TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 RARE Collectable!

hitman007

You're probably right about the ramp up of convertibles near the end of production, Torched10. Not sure how popular Red is yet.

BTW: I had a major mishap this morning and deleted about 3 hours of work on the stickers for the convertibles...LOL! I don't know how I did that. So now I'm trying to get back all that I've lost.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I have been backing up my files as I go..but I was trying to do two things at one time and I guess I accidentally selected the pdf files to delete. oops!

I'm up to 470 convertible stickers. I've got two more number variables to cycle through the "9's" and the "X's" before I am done. That's 120,000 more possible sticker combinations!

So I will anticipate that the number of convertibles will come out around 600 as I figured before.

Just a random note....no big deal..but I just found it interesting while going through the window stickers.

It appears that ford built one coupe and one convertible at the end of January. Then did not build another car til March. I guess just for shows.

Also perhaps Michael Morris or someone else at Ford may be able to answer this question:

1. some of the stickers of cars built in April have the words "C Laskey Vehicle not for sale", what does that mean?

Just a random note....no big deal..but I just found it interesting while going through the window stickers.

It appears that ford built one coupe and one convertible at the end of January. Then did not build another car til March. I guess just for shows.

Also perhaps Michael Morris or someone else at Ford may be able to answer this question:

1. some of the stickers of cars built in April have the words "C Laskey Vehicle not for sale", what does that mean?

Blue,only a guess, but whne i ran a manufacturig plant we would pull a quality assurance sample once a month of each of our products,Then run it thru destructive testing (try to break it),and if it broke,take it apart anf find the "failing" part.My guess is these are QA samples.

Blue,only a guess, but whne i ran a manufacturig plant we would pull a quality assurance sample once a month of each of our products,Then run it thru destructive testing (try to break it),and if it broke,take it apart anf find the "failing" part.My guess is these are QA samples.

You are probably right then. There's several cars with that name and there's also another name that I saw with the same "not for sale" comment. I believe it was "R Raymer".

I'm almost done downloading the convertible stickers....very shortly. I'm going to start a new thread of my own with some initial production info.

BTW I've got only 558 convertibles accounted for...so you're pretty rare if you have a 2010 GT500 convertible!

You are probably right then. There's several cars with that name and there's also another name that I saw with the same "not for sale" comment. I believe it was "R Raymer".

I'm almost done downloading the convertible stickers....very shortly. I'm going to start a new thread of my own with some initial production info.

BTW I've got only 558 convertibles accounted for...so you're pretty rare if you have a 2010 GT500 convertible!

I figure red/silver would be unusual,but saw one on ebay yesterday--thanks for all the work in your analsysis,and the help you are to everyone on the site.You should get Forum member of the year!!

PS, i shoul have lauded Grabber Orange as well for all his help tracking cars,fixing the rust,adding a spare as well

thanks for all of your work on the total production year to date coupe vs convertible.

just placed an order last Friday for a 2010 convertible and they quoted me 3 to 6 weeks delivery

gave me a serial number am trying to find out if there is website I can go to that might tell me when the car is being built.

thanks for all of your work on the total production year to date coupe vs convertible.

just placed an order last Friday for a 2010 convertible and they quoted me 3 to 6 weeks delivery

gave me a serial number am trying to find out if there is website I can go to that might tell me when the car is being built.

Did they give you a VIN number? Not sure about a serial number. Might just be the dealer order number.

The best you can do is to call Ford customer service for the status of your car. I don't know if they would be able to tell you anything if you just placed your order.

Did they give you a VIN number? Not sure about a serial number. Might just be the dealer order number.

The best you can do is to call Ford customer service for the status of your car. I don't know if they would be able to tell you anything if you just placed your order.

they did give me a VIN number (my mistake when i referred to it as a "serial number").

will check with Ford customer service.

thanks for your response

they did give me a VIN number (my mistake when i referred to it as a "serial number").

will check with Ford customer service.

thanks for your response

It should take appropriately two weeks to schedule a build date. I'm surprised you got a VIN so quickly...did they have the car ordered already? If not...either they're pulling orders rapidly now or you just got extremely lucky. It usually took a minimum of 10 days to get an order pulled and assigned a VIN. Good for you though! :happy feet:

It should take appropriately two weeks to schedule a build date. I'm surprised you got a VIN so quickly...did they have the car ordered already? If not...either they're pulling orders rapidly now or you just got extremely lucky. It usually took a minimum of 10 days to get an order pulled and assigned a VIN. Good for you though! :happy feet:

CALLED THE 1 800 FORD SVT AND GAVE THEM THE VIN NUMBER AND THEY ADVISED THAT THE CAR IS SCHEDULED TO BE BUILT WEEK OF OCT 26.

YOU ARE CORRECT......I SIGNED THE DEAL ON OCT 9 AND AT MY REQUEST THE DEALER GAVE ME THE VIN NUMBER (I BELIEVE THE DEALER SAID SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT THAT THEY HAD ALREADY HAD THE CAR ON ORDER FOR ANOTHER CUSTOMER WHO HAD CANCELLED THE ORDER).

IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW MANY 2010 CONVERTIBLES WILL BE BUILT BY THE END OF THE 2010 MODEL RUN.

DEALER ALSO SAID THEY ARE CUTTING SHORT THE 2010 MODEL SOON (END OF OCT EARLY NOV) AND THAT THEY WILL BE CONVERTING TO THE 2011 MODEL LATE FIRST QUARTER OF 2010 (NOT SURE HOW ACCURATE OR RELIABLE THAT INFO IS).

Archived