TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you be Pissed!!!!

Today's my club's car show at sunshine ford and its been a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy stressssssssssssful 3 day's for me. I was looking to have fun and show off my car. When my club has a show you are only judged by your fellow members so this morning I pull into the lot and they tell me you have to park with the other members. So, I say ok where they tell me to park behind the dealership that's bad enough but my spot is the last one in front of the dumpster. So, I flip and tell the club pres who I know and say what the F==k he said we need the space for the paying guys. I was like shouldn't we be showing off are cars to the crowd atleast who is going to see are cars in the back!!! This why, I orginally moved away from show cars due to the jealous and the greedy looking to make a buck. Plus the owner of the dealership was there he was piss at my club because one of the head guys to my club bought a new ford from another dealership. Then he saw where my car was parked. He knows that, I drum up business for him so I told him to open the garage door and park my car inside since they have to work on it tomorrow. My whole club was shocked when, I pulled my car in the shop and came out and drove off in my wife truck it's all about the green where is all that money going that he is going to make not to the poor that's for sure. Then they call me and say hey guy we are moving the club members to the rest of the cars. Why because they are having a poor turn out to bad for them. :censored::censored:

Anthony

Today's my club's car show at sunshine ford and its been a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy stressssssssssssful 3 day's for me. I was looking to have fun and show off my car. When my club has a show you are only judged by your fellow members so this morning I pull into the lot and they tell me you have to park with the other members. So, I say ok where they tell me to park behind the dealership that's bad enough but my spot is the last one in front of the dumpster. So, I flip and tell the club pres who I know and say what the F==k he said we need the space for the paying guys. I was like shouldn't we be showing off are cars to the crowd atleast who is going to see are cars in the back!!! This why, I orginally moved away from show cars due to the jealous and the greedy looking to make a buck. Plus the owner of the dealership was there he was piss at my club because one of the head guys to my club bought a new ford from another dealership. Then he saw where my car was parked. He knows that, I drum up business for him so I told him to open the garage door and park my car inside since they have to work on it tomorrow. My whole club was shocked when, I pulled my car in the shop and came out and drove off in my wife truck it's all about the green where is all that money going that he is going to make not to the poor that's for sure. Then they call me and say hey guy we are moving the club members to the rest of the cars. Why because they are having a poor turn out to bad for them. :censored::censored:

Anthony

Sorry to hear that 009...I would not be a part of a club like that tell them to go :censored: Themselfs.

I quit all of the Local Car Clubs because of all the Politics. If your not pleasing a certian few Members, then you are considered a trouble maker.

X2- got tired of the old guards and the fact they wanted the members to always vote for all the club cars at the show whether they were worthy or not. That's not my style-

Anthony X009- don't blame you a bit - stick to your guns

Thanks guys!!! I already sent an email to the head of the club tell him to remove me from the mail list and to remove me as a member. I told hope there are no hard feels but, I invested alot of money and time into my car and it doesn't belong behind the dealership. Plain and simple he got greedy thought he was going to have a big turn out. But he missed judged and then told the club members they can park with the other cars. I really like to know where all that money goes he has no overhead and didn't see anything for a benefit. All, I can say is that I gave it a shot again and it has never changed same old sh-t.

I almost forgot to say they have their club meetings in back of a bar in the city of middletown which is 80% black and dangerous and they tell you not to bring a nice car. About 5 yrs ago, I went to get my windows tinted in that city by this shop that was set back by the train tracks. The tint guy warned me about tickets for the dark tint, I said don't worry im a cop he say's oh good my customers have been robbed a couple of times here.

Anthony

I quit all of the Local Car Clubs because of all the Politics. If your not pleasing a certian few Members, then you are considered a trouble maker.

Same here. Belonged to a few over my many years and it's always about politics. I have an 07 GT500 bought it brand new and a buddy of mine belongs to the local Elks here in Bullhead City. He has an old restored Jeep and entered it into a Elks Club car show a couple years ago and talked me into entering my Shelby as his guest. Not one of the Elks board members had anything nice to say about my car and I was treated like a step child all day. Out of respect to my buddy, I stayed there but never again to I want to be around those drunken idiots and listen to their insults about my car and not being a club member, and the show was open to guests!

Steve

AZ.

I learned years ago that most clubs are bullsh*t and fixed......learned that when I came 2nd to a dirty mustang and everyone boo'd the 1st place car that beat me but it was a club member car and I wasn't.

I'd much rather go to car hangouts and come and go as I please rather than be stuck in a show for 6 hours for a chance at a plastic trophy or even better........rather drive and enjoy my car.

Anthony

I'm with you. Had the same thing happen. No more fun. Now I just do the fun shows, small Denny's parking lot hangouts, the diner cruises. Lots more fun, no pressure and no egos. You did the right thing. I'll bet your stress is gone. :happy feet: :happy feet:

One thing we do that is quite fun, get a few cars together, all years and makes go for a short run :shift: to another town, have a shake or soda, attract the crowds cruise :shift: home. Short fun runs are a good time. And a great way to meet some good people.

I am sorry for the way you were treated. I am with most of you that I do not do shows anymore. Not because of frustration but rather because I just like to hang out. I do feel that newer cars are shunned more at car shows and this often depends on the club hosting the show and where there focus is.

I have seen a few shows where hosting club members cars are judged but they have to pay just like everyone else and then special judges are sometimes used.

Regardless I really don't think it is fair to make blanket statements about clubs in a derogatory sense. We have a great local club and I am proud to be a part of it. Clubs are what you make them. I tend to be an optimist though so just ignore me.

Be the lone wolf!!!

I'd be the lonewolf in heat if that hotting would dare get in my car!!! I'm putting down all car clubs some are legit and do good thing with the money they raise. I'm all for that but with my club we had a show every Saturday nite no entery fee just 50/50 and then the big shows. But, where's all that cash going been with them over 1yr and never heard about trips just the usually christmas party and the one picnic. The club President wrote me back saying that if I stayed around he did move the clubs cars in to the show sure after he realized he wasn't going to have a big turn out like last time. My feelings towards clubs is like a biker gang stick together and be proud and show everyone what your riding. Then other thing that got me and my buddy pissed was that he didn't want to be judged he just wanted to park next to are friend to hang for the day. My buddy doesn't have alot of money so alot of times I'd pay for him but this time my club wanted 15 bucks to just park in the show meanwhile its 20.00 to be in the show. These guys know him also they know he's scraping by along with other guys times are bad for everyone. My other friend has to sell his car and is putting his house up for sale his family is devasted. When, I go to any other car show if it's a benefit then no problem paying up. But if its to fatten there pockets sorry no go for me.

This also bring another thing that gets me upset!!! I can't say the name of the fund raiser but it has to do with my dept if someone dies in a car accident do to poor judgement and is single or if someone dies of cancer leaving behind a family. Which one should have been remembered and have an annual fun raiser done for them.

Answer: car accident victim!!! I have never gone to it and have spoken my mind openly about it as, I always do. To most it's a great day to party and play some golf more than half that goes don't even know the person. I knew him and his father meannwhile my other buddy gets crap and everyone knew him. He was a nice guy who left my dept and went back to where he was raised and became a cop there and married his childhood sweetheart and had 2 child and died at 30yrs old from brain cancer. What happened to human morals?????

I'd be the lonewolf in heat if that hotting would dare get in my car!!! I'm putting down all car clubs some are legit and do good thing with the money they raise. I'm all for that but with my club we had a show every Saturday nite no entery fee just 50/50 and then the big shows. But, where's all that cash going been with them over 1yr and never heard about trips just the usually christmas party and the one picnic. The club President wrote me back saying that if I stayed around he did move the clubs cars in to the show sure after he realized he wasn't going to have a big turn out like last time. My feelings towards clubs is like a biker gang stick together and be proud and show everyone what your riding. Then other thing that got me and my buddy pissed was that he didn't want to be judged he just wanted to park next to are friend to hang for the day. My buddy doesn't have alot of money so alot of times I'd pay for him but this time my club wanted 15 bucks to just park in the show meanwhile its 20.00 to be in the show. These guys know him also they know he's scraping by along with other guys times are bad for everyone. My other friend has to sell his car and is putting his house up for sale his family is devasted. When, I go to any other car show if it's a benefit then no problem paying up. But if its to fatten there pockets sorry no go for me.

This also bring another thing that gets me upset!!! I can't say the name of the fund raiser but it has to do with my dept if someone dies in a car accident do to poor judgement and is single or if someone dies of cancer leaving behind a family. Which one should have been remembered and have an annual fun raiser done for them.

Answer: car accident victim!!! I have never gone to it and have spoken my mind openly about it as, I always do. To most it's a great day to party and play some golf more than half that goes don't even know the person. I knew him and his father meannwhile my other buddy gets crap and everyone knew him. He was a nice guy who left my dept and went back to where he was raised and became a cop there and married his childhood sweetheart and had 2 child and died at 30yrs old from brain cancer. What happened to human morals?????

Here is 2 more Cents. When a Car Club is putting on a Car Show, the Members of that Club should only have their Cars on "Display Only". The exception to that Rule is: If a Club Member is a Member of another Club as well and wants to have His/Her Car Judged then That Car is Registered under that other Club and the Owner must NOT have ANYTHING to do with Putting On, Orginizing or Helping Out in anyway and must Park His/Her car with the Other Club Members. Some Car Shows offer a "Display Only" Entry for just $10.00 and they usually receive a different colored Dash Card so the Judges know not to Judge it. All Vehicles being Judged, should be Judged the Same, no matter who Owns it and no matter how much Money is invested in it. Well, that actually 3 Cents worth, but hey, It's Free.... :happy feet:

Before I bought my SGT, I was the pres. of an off road club, 4x4 trucks. It was supposed to be fun for all but even in a club like that the politics were crazy. You could never please every member so there was a lot of comprimises and always the whiners. It apparently goes with the territory.

Not learning my lesson when the 4x4 club disbanded, I joined an ATV organization and an HO scale model railroad club. I was smart enough to just be a member and chose the events and outings I wanted to participate in. I laid low and stayed in the shadows. :ninja: This made life much easier.

Once I bought my SGT, I joined a local Mustang Club. Ours is sponsored by a Ford dealer and MIller Motor Sports. We do a charity show at the dealer each May. They clear the front lot on a Saturday, their busiest day, just for us. We get the spaces that are front & center! This April 17th, we held a special Mustang 45th Birthday show and cruise from their front lot. We had over 70 Mustangs show up. My SGT was under their Ford sign, looking right in the front door. We made the local news at 5 & 10 as well. They welcome us as it brings more people to their lot.

Our club has outings each month from bowling in the winter to shows, cruise nights and overnight cruises in the summer. We also host the Intermountain Mustang show in Park City, Utah each year. Naturally there is squabbling but we seem to keep a happy medium as most members renew each year. On the surface, I don't see any our members or officers in it for the money. They are just car guys with a passion for Mustangs. Granted there are the Concours guys and the daily driver guys but that is what makes it fun. I am stiil the guy in the background :ninja: even though I volunteer for what I want to do for our shows.

Personally, I do 10-15 cruise nights each summer, the formal Autorama Show in March and our Park City show. I never expect to win anything. I do them for the fun of meeting people and learing from them. I did win an Outstanding Award and an Award of Excxellence this year at the two formal shows I entered this year, along with a roll of shop towels and a can of tire cleaner! When we raced at the Miller Motor Sports track last month, I came in about in the middle of the standings. For me, it is all good. I'm getting out of it what I want. If it gets ugly, I'll drop out but far so good.

Hopefully, you can continue to enjoy your car and get out to the cruises without the politics. I'll bet there are other groups in your area that might cater to your likes if that is what you want to do. The main this is to keep on keepin' on. :rockon:

I know what you are saying about clubs being biased.

Last year, the club that I belonged to had a show that they called off due to rain. I stuck around for about another hour to see what the weather was going to do and then left (along with another member with a SGT).

Later I found out that this guy shows up from out of town with a KR (a few minutes after we left), and they give him the first place trophy because he was the only one to show with a Shelby and he was from out of town. Hey, wait a minute...There were two of us also there with our SGT's long before him.

When they did have the show at a later date, they made the announcment about this guy showing up at the earlier time/date and they had already given him the first place trophy at that time. (He did not even to try to clean up his KR too much for this show). There were four total Shelbys (1- KR, 2 GT500 and 1 SGT). I tied for 3rd.

I am not planning on going to the Show this weekend because of that. I may drive out just to see what is there...what is my incentive to show my car?

I know what you are saying about clubs being biased.

Last year, the club that I belonged to had a show that they called off due to rain. I stuck around for about another hour to see what the weather was going to do and then left (along with another member with a SGT).

Later I found out that this guy shows up from out of town with a KR (a few minutes after we left), and they give him the first place trophy because he was the only one to show with a Shelby and he was from out of town. Hey, wait a minute...There were two of us also there with our SGT's long before him.

When they did have the show at a later date, they made the announcment about this guy showing up at the earlier time/date and they had already given him the first place trophy at that time. (He did not even to try to clean up his KR too much for this show). There were four total Shelbys (1- KR, 2 GT500 and 1 SGT). I tied for 3rd.

I am not planning on going to the Show this weekend because of that. I may drive out just to see what is there...what is my incentive to show my car?

Personnly, I don't Enter Cars Show for the Trophies, I do so because I am with a group of Friends and we have fun. When I Win Trophies, it's because my Cars are very unique and stand out. There have been many times that I would stop cleaning on my Car when I see that there are 6 cars or more in my Class and several of them were really nice, and some how I would go away with a Second Place (keep in mind that my Car is usually Clean to start with). Whats really cool is when my Car takes First or Best of Class, you should see how pissed the others get when they spend 3 time longer cleaning on there Cars and I just do a quick wipe down. Also, my Car is driven daily and sits out side and uncovered 24/7. The Car I am Driving now, I have had for just over 2 Years, which is usually 14 Months longer then normal, but I keep taking it off the Market because it is really unique. But I do plan on putting it up for sale this Week sometime.

I had a similar experience at a show last year, all the guys from the club running the show won the trophies and there were a lot of other great cars there.

I'll never go back there.

and to be entitled to not for profit status and not be taxed on the money raised, doesnt the law require a certain percentage of all proceeds to go to charity?

If your club isnt doing that, maybe its time to drop a dime! :lurk:

Like you said, it wouldnt be the first time a small group of clowns decided to line their own pockets.

I say put an end to that. Those kind of clubs give us all a bad name. My .02

Here is 2 more Cents. When a Car Club is putting on a Car Show, the Members of that Club should only have their Cars on "Display Only". The exception to that Rule is: If a Club Member is a Member of another Club as well and wants to have His/Her Car Judged then That Car is Registered under that other Club and the Owner must NOT have ANYTHING to do with Putting On, Orginizing or Helping Out in anyway and must Park His/Her car with the Other Club Members. Some Car Shows offer a "Display Only" Entry for just $10.00 and they usually receive a different colored Dash Card so the Judges know not to Judge it. All Vehicles being Judged, should be Judged the Same, no matter who Owns it and no matter how much Money is invested in it. Well, that actually 3 Cents worth, but hey, It's Free.... :happy feet:

Actually my clubs does it the why describe it!!! But like, I said before greed got the best of them!!! The best is the dealership service manager is in the club also. He showed up later and was on the clock and the club president tells him you have to park your car with the other members guess what spot was open?? You got it my spot the dumpster he said screw and parked where wanted too which the pres got upset. Then they came over to him with an attuide told he has to volunteer and do some work. He ended up telling them to plss off and his on the clock. He also quit the club serves them right. So we talked about the saturday nite shows we are boycotting them and going to danbury or just meet up somewhere and hang out.

I had a similar experience at a show last year, all the guys from the club running the show won the trophies and there were a lot of other great cars there.

I'll never go back there.

and to be entitled to not for profit status and not be taxed on the money raised, doesnt the law require a certain percentage of all proceeds to go to charity?

If your club isnt doing that, maybe its time to drop a dime! :lurk:

Like you said, it wouldnt be the first time a small group of clowns decided to line their own pockets.

I say put an end to that. Those kind of clubs give us all a bad name. My .02

I heard a rumor about my club that the last show they did they raised over 3 grand and it was a benefit for a soldier the club only handed over 500.00 bucks to the family. I believe it!!!

Oh my...I had no idea there was so much garbage going on in these car clubs. I have cruised past a few mustang ones at dealerships and restaurants...thought about getting involved..but now I'm glad I have stayed away. Really unbelievable all these stories. People need to get over themselves...I'd rather just enjoy my car on my own or with a close friend. I know not all clubs are bad..but really...I'm not willing to take a chance and get involved in the drama.

Oh my...I had no idea there was so much garbage going on in these car clubs. I have cruised past a few mustang ones at dealerships and restaurants...thought about getting involved..but now I'm glad I have stayed away. Really unbelievable all these stories. People need to get over themselves...I'd rather just enjoy my car on my own or with a close friend. I know not all clubs are bad..but really...I'm not willing to take a chance and get involved in the drama.

Thats why I do my own thing. I personlly put on the Monday Night Mustangs at Hooters. been doing it for over Seven Years (all by my self). It has been and still is, the largest monthly gathering of Mustangs in my area. I allow any and all Mustangs no matter the condition. I show up to Hooters at about 3:45pm and block off the Front Parking Lot. When the Mustangs begin to roll I, I tell them to Back it in any Parking Space they want and I then hand them a special Ticket that gives them 20% off any Food Items. No Bull Sh1t, No Games, and so far No Complaints...... :happy feet: I don't care who you are or what Club you belong to, just come and hang out show off your Car and get some cool ideas. :happy feet:

hooters1.jpg

hooters27.jpg

hooters29.jpg

hooters32.jpg

hootercar2.jpg

hooters1.jpg

hooters27.jpg

hooters29.jpg

hooters32.jpg

hootercar2.jpg

Thats why I do my own thing. I personally put on the Monday Night Mustangs at Hooters. been doing it for over Seven Years (all by my self). It has been and still is, the largest monthly gathering of Mustangs in my area. I allow any and all Mustangs no matter the condition. I show up to Hooters at about 3:45pm and block off the Front Parking Lot. When the Mustangs begin to roll I, I tell them to Back it in any Parking Space they want and I then hand them a special Ticket that gives them 20% off any Food Items. No Bull Sh1t, No Games, and so far No Complaints...... :happy feet: I don't care who you are or what Club you belong to, just come and hang out show off your Car and get some cool ideas. :happy feet:

Hi tesgt350...that's really how these car gatherings should be..just a bunch of fellow mustang owners getting together and enjoying themselves. The politics and such need to say out of it. Sounds like you have got a good thing going there. Kudos to you.

Hi tesgt350...that's really how these car gatherings should be..just a bunch of fellow mustang owners getting together and enjoying themselves. The politics and such need to say out of it. Sounds like you have got a good thing going there. Kudos to you.

Thanks, it is fun and I believe that those that show up have a good time as well.

Car clubs are like churches. You have to check them out to see if it is right for you. If it is not then there are options out there most of the time.

Thats why I do my own thing. I personlly put on the Monday Night Mustangs at Hooters. been doing it for over Seven Years (all by my self). It has been and still is, the largest monthly gathering of Mustangs in my area. I allow any and all Mustangs no matter the condition. I show up to Hooters at about 3:45pm and block off the Front Parking Lot. When the Mustangs begin to roll I, I tell them to Back it in any Parking Space they want and I then hand them a special Ticket that gives them 20% off any Food Items. No Bull Sh1t, No Games, and so far No Complaints...... :happy feet: I don't care who you are or what Club you belong to, just come and hang out show off your Car and get some cool ideas. :happy feet:

That sounds like fun and a great way to get together. There are definately other ways to get together to show off your car than the car club shows. Grabbers meet & greet this spring was very fun and relaxing. Great mix of Shelbys, good BBQ and fun times cruising together. I also had a good time at a local charity car show for Hospice Friends this spring. Nice mix of classic and late model cars, no prizes and the entry fee went to the charity. I was also resently invited into a small club in town of ragtops. Just a small group of locals with a variety of convertibles that get together a couple times a year to go on a cruise and have lunch. Very relaxing and great mix of cars.

Not to say all Clubs are bad, we've meet alot of great friends there- we just now elect to go to the fund raiser Shows and Cruise-Ins together amongest ourselves.

Found it's more fun to hang with those friends and there cool cars-

So I guess in one way we have our own club :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Nice work!!!

Archived