TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TONIGHT, Septemeber 14, 10PM, 9 Central

Just a little reminder...

I wish he would give one of his cars !!!

Tell me about it! :drool::drool:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/

For those who may not be aware, Jay will also be having a bit on his new show called the "Green Car Challenge". NBC has built a track outside of his new studio in Burbank, and his guests will be partisipating in the challenge. Specific details beyond that is not available, but I suspect that it should be fun to watch.

Yeah, I've spoken with many, many, people who are looking forward to having Jay back on the air. Let's hope it's a success.

Yeah, I've spoken with many, many, people who are looking forward to having Jay back on the air. Let's hope it's a success.

Always liked "JayWalking" :happy feet:

....never really cared for his monologues......but having to come up with new stuff 5 days a week is friggin impossible.

I'll be watching.

and Conan sucks. He is worse than Letterman, and I didnt think that was possible.

Always liked "JayWalking" :happy feet:

....never really cared for his monologues......but having to come up with new stuff 5 days a week is friggin impossible.

I'll be watching.

and Conan sucks. He is worse than Letterman, and I didnt think that was possible.

I spoke to a fellow the other day about Conan, and he summed it up nicely. He said that he used to watch Conan when he was in university and really enjoyed the humor then, but now that he's out with a family and responsiblities, he doesn't find Conan's sophmoric stuff funny anymore.

I understand that Jay's new show will have a lot more stuff like "Headlines", so let's see how it fly's. Jay came out to the weekly Calabasas car gathering yesterday with one of his Duesenberg's and almost everyone there told him that they were looking forward to tonight's show.

I wished him well personally as well as on the behalf of Team Shelby. He told me to tell everyone "Thanks!"

Well Jay's premier show will start in a few minutes for the east coast folks. I'm excited to watch it but am not too happy about one of his scheduled guests with the intials K.W. I will not give that person the respect of even spelling out his name for his continued antics especially his latest this past weekend.

I'm hoping K.W. cancelled or Jays people uninvited him today but my fear is tv ratings rule and Jays show will use the controversy to their benefit. I like Jay but will lose some respect for Jay if this K.W. jerk is on the show tonight.

Steve

A friend of mine just bought System One. He already had a couple of meetings with Jay. I am trying to see if I can tag along on the next meeting. Jay is a spokeman for System One.

I also will be watching the new show tonight at 10:00pm on channel 4.

Tom

We got 1 1/2 hrs to go to watch Jay. Its only 8:30 here and we are watching the raider& Charger game. 1;48 left in 2nd. Jay will have a awesome show as usaul. Can't wait.

Let me start off I like Jay. Always have but was disappointed in his premier show.

I lost some respect for Jay by giving that jerk-off K.W. "couch time". That K.W. segment was so staged especially with Jay referring to K.W.'s deceased mother. Anyone familiar with show business knows stuff like that is not sprung on a guest without prior approval in the green room. This was nothing but a ploy by K.W.'s agents to take some heat off of K.W. by having him fake an apology.

Enough ranting about that loser and back to the actual show.

Perhaps my expectations were too high but all I saw was a copy of the Tonight Show. Show opens with Jay doing a monologue a few feet from the audience. Next comes a couple of sit down interviews followed by a musical act. Add in a "headlines" segment and Branford playing music in & out of commercials.

Is that not a typical Tonight Show?

For some reason I was under the impression that the new show was going to be a different show except for that they might carry over some things like JayWalking. My prediction is that Conan is going to lose some ratings from viewers that watch Leno first. Unless Jay's show changes radically I also predict a short life for it. What I saw last night can not compete with first run primetime shows. Now I can be 100% wrong on this but its just my prediction so far.

Again I like Jay and hoped that this new show was going to be groundbreaking but so far the only groundbreaking part is moving a renamed Tonight Show to 10 o'clock.

Best of luck to Jay.

Steve

I spoke to a fellow the other day about Conan, and he summed it up nicely. He said that he used to watch Conan when he was in university and really enjoyed the humor then, but now that he's out with a family and responsiblities, he doesn't find Conan's sophmoric stuff funny anymore.

I understand that Jay's new show will have a lot more stuff like "Headlines", so let's see how it fly's. Jay came out to the weekly Calabasas car gathering yesterday with one of his Duesenberg's and almost everyone there told him that they were looking forward to tonight's show.

I wished him well personally as well as on the behalf of Team Shelby. He told me to tell everyone "Thanks!"

Every time he's there, I always seem to miss him. Last few times I found out he was there he came pretty late. :headscratch:

The show pulled about 18million viewers last night, but it also had some hype from that clownshoe scheduled to appear. :banghead:

Is there another new hour tonight? :lurk:

Yup. Tonight and every night Monday through Friday. Jay needs to get into his groove and develop the pace of the show which might take a couple of weeks or so. I am also of the opinion that he needs to dump the two chairs and get behind the desk again regardless if it looks like the Tonight Show format or not.

And I personally wouldn't care if the 10PM show was a lot like the old Tonight Show. Conan essentally brought his Late Night Show and made it the Tonight Show, so Jay should take all of the stuff that worked at 11:35PM, tweak it a little, and make it his own at 10PM.

Kanye West is just another jive ass turkey, and that segment was a complete waste of time that really stalled the show's pace. IMO that kind of stuff should be left for Oprah and the like, not on a comedy/variety show. Kanye acted like someone on "Cops" that was handcuffed, sitting on a curb crosslegged being questioned by a LEO.

I also think that last night's show suffered from excessive hype from NBC over the last several weeks. Jay even joked about that with his opening joke. NBC hyped the holy crap out of the show to the point where everyone's expectation exceeded reality.

Tonight's guests will be Tom Cruise, Michael Moore, and Cameron Diaz. Don't see any muscial guests lined up, so tonight's show should be somewhat different than last night (?).

I'm not sure when they plan to launch the "Green Car Challange", but because Tom Cruse is also a car guy, there's a good chance that they might do that bit tonight. The GCC is sponsered by FoMoCo, and I understand that the competition cars will be all electric Focuses.

Time and ratings will tell...

Good luck Jay! :salute:

I like Leno but...

The first show just plain old wasn't funny. Way to long on the "Dan band" bit. Agree with other posts on the apology segment.

I think he needs to let Kevin Eubanks and the band jam more than just in and out of commercials.

I like Leno but...

The first show just plain old wasn't funny. Way to long on the "Dan band" bit. Agree with other posts on the apology segment.

I think he needs to let Kevin Eubanks and the band jam more than just in and out of commercials.

What nobodys going to call ol Steve out for being so dumb? Here I called Kevin Eubanks, Branford by mistake. Eubanks is a million times cooler than Branford ever can hope to be.

I also forgot the Dan Band segment. Reminded me of a SNL live skit that just couldn't take off.

And I agree that perhaps Jay just needs some time to get into his groove. I recall his first permament Tonight Shows and boy was Jay just not comfortable at first. It didn't help with his crazy manager Helen back then.

For some reason I was under the impression that the new show was going to be substantially different from the Tonight Show. Plus all the hype on the brand new studio built just for Jay at Universal. There's nothing wrong with having the Tonight Show at 10 o'clock, something that Conan should be freaking out about.

At least the new show doesn't have stuttering John. He was fine on Howard Stern but I never understood why Jay tapped him for the Tonight Show. Perhaps the majority of middle America didn't know who Stuttering John was so no big deal to most viewers.

Again best of luck to Jay. And his crew.

Steve

What nobodys going to call ol Steve out for being so dumb? Here I called Kevin Eubanks, Branford by mistake. Eubanks is a million times cooler than Branford ever can hope to be.

I also forgot the Dan Band segment. Reminded me of a SNL live skit that just couldn't take off.

And I agree that perhaps Jay just needs some time to get into his groove. I recall his first permament Tonight Shows and boy was Jay just not comfortable at first. It didn't help with his crazy manager Helen back then.

For some reason I was under the impression that the new show was going to be substantially different from the Tonight Show. Plus all the hype on the brand new studio built just for Jay at Universal. There's nothing wrong with having the Tonight Show at 10 o'clock, something that Conan should be freaking out about.

At least the new show doesn't have stuttering John. He was fine on Howard Stern but I never understood why Jay tapped him for the Tonight Show. Perhaps the majority of middle America didn't know who Stuttering John was so no big deal to most viewers.

Again best of luck to Jay. And his crew.

Steve

The studio is new, but it's still in Burbank. "Beautiful downtown Burbank" as Johnny used to say.

The studio is new, but it's still in Burbank. "Beautiful downtown Burbank" as Johnny used to say.

Enis, am I thinking of someone else then? I thought I heard they built it at Universal. It was supposed to be good for Jay to do his Jay Walking segments with people at the Universal City Walk. :headscratch:

Steve

Enis, am I thinking of someone else then? I thought I heard they built it at Universal. It was supposed to be good for Jay to do his Jay Walking segments with people at the Universal City Walk. :headscratch:

Steve

Duhhh!!!!

It was Conan at Universal. How could I forget Conan hijacking a studio tram on his first episode.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Archived