TEAM SHELBY FORUM

September 11th, 2001 - Don't Forget.

I will have to scan my boarding pass but I was in the air on an American Airlines flight from NY to Chicago. We departed at 6:45am and by time I got to Chicago the towers had been hit. They didn't tell us anything. Getting off the plane in o'Hare I found the terminal a ghost town. Still knowing nothing I made my way to my car and heard the news over the radio. To this day I look at that boarding pass and remember...sends chills down my spine.

Damn jeff someone was looking after you that day.!!! I would frame that boarding pass. and have a shot of vodka

I will have to scan my boarding pass but I was in the air on an American Airlines flight from NY to Chicago. We departed at 6:45am and by time I got to Chicago the towers had been hit. They didn't tell us anything. Getting off the plane in o'Hare I found the terminal a ghost town. Still knowing nothing I made my way to my car and heard the news over the radio. To this day I look at that boarding pass and remember...sends chills down my spine.

Jeff, I met another guy who had your luck or your same guardian angel. I was scheduled to remodel his duplex so he could rent it out for the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics. He had just gotten back from NYC the week before. He had an extensive snow globe collection, including one he purchased in the WTC on 9/10/01. He also had a dated photo of him on the WTC observation deck that same day.

He was a self proclaimed "cheap old bastard" who was going to fly back to Utah on 9/11. His flight from the east coast to his Utah connection was to be the plane that went down in PA. He rescheduled beacuse the red eye the night before was cheaper and he avioded renting a motel room in Newark.

He was flying to Italy for Thanksgiving and Hawaii during the Olympics. He figured "they" had two shots at him and missed so he was safe.

Archived