1. 1. SAI or Auth Mod shop install

• Paxton
    • Kenne Bell
    • Whipple 500
    • Whipple 550
    • Outside shop
    • Whipple 400
    • Whipple 475

Isn't there also a Whipple 475 HP? When I emailed Dennis at Tasca about Supercharging my car a few months ago, he said he couldn't put the 550HP Whipple in because I have an automatic, and said I should go with the 475HP Whipple.

The 475 hp whipple was the one I was to get, however whipple sent Tasca Ford the wrong pulley. They sent a smaller pulley (3.50) and not the 3.75 pulley. Now I have a 530 hp whipple. Tom :headscratch:post-11051-1253235324_thumb.jpg

post-11051-1253235324_thumb.jpg

Lulu, it looks like you need to update your sig with your SC RWHP/TQ numbers...

Thanks for the reminder, Astro, however, I tend to lean towards proven fact, not estimates based on web-centric advetising and guesswork.

LuLu's new engine (a complete fresh 4.6L-3V build) made some impressive numbers on an engine dyno, but that was just for testing the assembly and adding some break-in time. The final RW numbers will be added once verified, and after that, some track times. Dyno numbers can be misleading as well, due to a lack of sustainability in wind resistance and moving GVW in the launch. As I have with other mod experiments, only then will I post my build details and performance gains from my "old skool" approach.

Carry on, gents.

hmmm, July 2008 is after the date it was discovered that Paxton's couldn't go on any more Shelby GTs, correct? So, is that 46 number a pretty decent number for the total number of Paxtons installed at SAI????

Roger?

Your car is the nicest "Paxton" car SAI ever made. It appears you made the right choice as the Paxton cars are and will be the rarest of the rare.

I missed this thread..Black Whipple 550 installed at Quantum Perfomance.

SAE numbers with custom tune: 455 RWHP and 444 Max torque on 91 octane

I'm wondering about the differences between our numbers. are yours "corrected" and mine not?

Dan

edit*** Mine has supplied FR Procal2 tune...

I'm wondering about the differences between our numbers. are yours "corrected" and mine not?

Dan

edit*** Mine has supplied FR Procal2 tune...

Not sure why the numbers are so different. My numbers are corrected but, my STD numbers were only 20 points higher ie..475 and 464. They did need to back mine down some because, of the 91 octane with a 10% blend of ethanol, the engine started to ping some.. The 10% blend, 89 octane with 10% ethanol = 91 octane or just pain and simple CRAPPY gas. Quantum seemed really happy with the numbers at the time. Was yours a 93 octane tune?

Not sure why the numbers are so different. My numbers are corrected but, my STD numbers were only 20 points higher ie..475 and 464. They did need to back mine down some because, of the 91 octane with a 10% blend of ethanol, the engine started to ping some.. The 10% blend, 89 octane with 10% ethanol = 91 octane or just pain and simple CRAPPY gas. Quantum seemed really happy with the numbers at the time. Was yours a 93 octane tune?

No. It's 91, which is what we get here in California. This is also the "stock" tune that came with the Whipple...Ford Racing Procal II. After I posted the question, I thought the (high) numbers I got could be because I'm actually showing around 10.5 lbs of boost.

I've got a quote for engine internal work that would make me bullet-proof, but it is costly... As long as I don't "live" on the redline, the guy at AED said I should be okay. I'm still concerned, the truth is it's hard not to get it all! :shift:

I'm cautious, and I will eventually beef her up!

I, too would be happy with your numbers! Enjoy, I know I do!!!!

Dan

No. It's 91, which is what we get here in California. This is also the "stock" tune that came with the Whipple...Ford Racing Procal II. After I posted the question, I thought the (high) numbers I got could be because I'm actually showing around 10.5 lbs of boost.

I've got a quote for engine internal work that would make me bullet-proof, but it is costly... As long as I don't "live" on the redline, the guy at AED said I should be okay. I'm still concerned, the truth is it's hard not to get it all! :shift:

I'm cautious, and I will eventually beef her up!

I, too would be happy with your numbers! Enjoy, I know I do!!!!

Dan

The Whipple tune from Ford Racing must be the difference. I had a custome tune installed....now I'm wondering why. It seems everyone with the Ford Racing tune has more HP than mine. I'm not educated on tuning cars so, I could not tell you the difference in the two tunes but, I have the FRP tune still in the box. Things that make me go HMMMMMMMM :headscratch: Maybe someone could educate me.

Dan, now that you have had your car for a while. whats the word?

Well Harald, I think the quote was for the GT500, but I think "9-testicled gorilla" fits very well! :)

Absolutely wonderful. I have NO regrets. It is more than I expected and a total blast/beast.

DSCF00171.JPG

SAI install of Paxton. Almost done. Will pick up next Friday.

Please post pics of that install. Shelby with Paxton...music to my ears!

Dan

The Whipple tune from Ford Racing must be the difference. I had a custome tune installed....now I'm wondering why. It seems everyone with the Ford Racing tune has more HP than mine. I'm not educated on tuning cars so, I could not tell you the difference in the two tunes but, I have the FRP tune still in the box. Things that make me go HMMMMMMMM :headscratch: Maybe someone could educate me.

This site is definitely the place to get help/answers for questions like this.

Maybe post a seperate thread in this sub-forum. I can think of several guys that probably have the right answers...

Dan

Archived