TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Favoite 80s bands with 1 or 2 hits

The Outfield!

Your Love!!!

Had a few more hits, but they had a TON of great songs on their CDs!!

Dang I loved that group in the 80s!!!

Are we doing the 90s also???

If so Enuffs Nuff "Get High on a New Thing"

MM

Dang 39 year old's :banghead: .

It seams to me that Devo only had one big hit but I can't remember the name of the song...was it "Whip It"

What really hurts is when they have those ads for the 80's music and they place "Golden Oldies" with it.

REO Speedwagon, Kansas, 38 Special...time to dig out the cassettes.

I only graduated in 1982... He$$, I'm not that old yet...I still play with my toy car...it just got bigger and faster.

Remember when KISS was considered "Hard Core" music...today their music would be considered tame.

It seams to me that Devo only had one big hit but I can't remember the name of the song...was it "Whip It"

What really hurts is when they have those ads for the 80's music and they place "Golden Oldies" with it.

I only graduated in 1982... He$$, I'm not that old yet...I still play with my toy car...it just got bigger and faster.

Remember when KISS was considered "Hard Core" music...today their music would be considered tame.

I always liked Devo. Whip it was their one big hit from the 'Freedom of choice' album that did have a lot of air time. But they did have many songs that never caught on. Remeber seeing them on 'Saturday Night Live' and 'Fridays'?

How about "The Ramones" ? Blitzkrieg Bop was a 70's song that caught on because of the movie 'Vacation'.

Warren Zevon....Werewolves of London.

I remember in the late 70's and early 80's I revolted against main stream music because of all the disco junk that was being produced. AC/DC was great but wasn't heavy enough for me and I turned to Punk Rock for awhile. Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, Iggy Pop. Boy those were my darker days. :hysterical:

Foreigner and Journey

Foreigner and Journey had a LOT more than 1 or 2 hits. And both started in the late 70s but went into into the 80s. (In fact, Journey is playing on LI at the end of the month).

Now, the Vapors, with "Turning Japanese;" they were 1 hit wonders, but that was a cool ass song.

Best 1 hit wonder song of the 80s? 867-5309, by Tommy Tutone.

How about the Scorpions? They had 2 hits in America, "Rock You Like a Hurricane" (which has one of the best rock opening guitar riffs) and "Noone Like You" but they were huge in Germany. Wait, they also had "Winds of Change"

Just my 2 cents

I finally bought my first iPod a few weeks ago. Now my SGT is a great speaker box as wellas a great car.

I loaded two complete DEVO Cds in to it.

Here, I'll save you the trouble :finger:

I always liked Devo. Whip it was their one big hit from the 'Freedom of choice' album that did have a lot of air time. But they did have many songs that never caught on. Remeber seeing them on 'Saturday Night Live' and 'Fridays'?

How about "The Ramones" ? Blitzkrieg Bop was a 70's song that caught on because of the movie 'Vacation'.

Warren Zevon....Werewolves of London.

I remember in the late 70's and early 80's I revolted against main stream music because of all the disco junk that was being produced. AC/DC was great but wasn't heavy enough for me and I turned to Punk Rock for awhile. Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, Iggy Pop. Boy those were my darker days. :hysterical:

I'll confess I ran right out and bought "Q:Are we not Men? A: We are Devo" on vinyl the next day after seeing them on SNL. I also have "Freedom of Choice" on vinyl and another album whose name esacpes me. I now have them on CD.

:drop: Like I said before, the 80's were a blur.

Motley Crue - "Looks that kill" and "Dr. Feelgood".... :rockon:

Whitesnake - "Still of the Night" and "Crying in the Rain".... :rockon:

Poison - "Talk dirty to me" and "Nothin but a good time".... :rockon:

Archived