TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Broken Foot driving me up the wall

I suffered a minor foot injury on 7/31. I was putting garden tools away in a shed and I bumped a shovel which bumped a lawn aerator which then fell from a hook. The lawn aerator then aerated my foot, breaking a bone. The injury is not serious and I am well on my way to a full recovery. However, I did not think such a minor injury could be so annoying.

I was already registered for the Team Shelby car show and cruise when it happened. I still attended the event, limping around the car show in a special boot and using a cane. I was relegated to the passenger seat as my oldest son drove the Shelby on the cruise (he was all choked up about my injury, being as how he was forced to drive a Shelby because of it. "Sorry about your foot dad" If he was sorry about my foot, how come he could not stop smiling?).

Beautiful weather in California, and I cannot drive my Shelby or my 88LX Mustang, which have sat since 7/31 (other than when my son drove). No stick shifts for me until at least after labor day.

My yard is getting overgrown since I cannot work outside much, and yardwork is therapy for me (as a busines and real estate lawyer in this economy the frustration and stress levels are pretty high, and working in the yard on weekends has been calming for me since I was in my early 20's.)

The fall soccer season has started (pre season practices) and I am coaching a team. I am also managing a winter baseball team. All of a sudden coaching is difficult as I have to adjust to telling kids what I want them to do instead of showing them what I want them to do. I cannot pitch batting practice, and I have to sit in a chair to catch the pitchers.

I usually referee soccer as well once the season starts, and I cannot referee at all the first few weeks of the season and will be limited to sideline refereeing rather than center referee for at least another week or two after that.

The worst is the not working in the yard and the not being able to drive the Shelby or the 88 Mustang, as they are stress reducers for me.

I am thankful it is minor, I will make a full recovery, and it has not affected my ability to work, but I did not realize at first how much it would interfere with activities.

At least venting made me feel better.

Bob

I suffered a minor foot injury on 7/31. I was putting garden tools away in a shed and I bumped a shovel which bumped a lawn aerator which then fell from a hook. The lawn aerator then aerated my foot, breaking a bone. The injury is not serious and I am well on my way to a full recovery. However, I did not think such a minor injury could be so annoying.

I was already registered for the Team Shelby car show and cruise when it happened. I still attended the event, limping around the car show in a special boot and using a cane. I was relegated to the passenger seat as my oldest son drove the Shelby on the cruise (he was all choked up about my injury, being as how he was forced to drive a Shelby because of it. "Sorry about your foot dad" If he was sorry about my foot, how come he could not stop smiling?).

Beautiful weather in California, and I cannot drive my Shelby or my 88LX Mustang, which have sat since 7/31 (other than when my son drove). No stick shifts for me until at least after labor day.

My yard is getting overgrown since I cannot work outside much, and yardwork is therapy for me (as a busines and real estate lawyer in this economy the frustration and stress levels are pretty high, and working in the yard on weekends has been calming for me since I was in my early 20's.)

The fall soccer season has started (pre season practices) and I am coaching a team. I am also managing a winter baseball team. All of a sudden coaching is difficult as I have to adjust to telling kids what I want them to do instead of showing them what I want them to do. I cannot pitch batting practice, and I have to sit in a chair to catch the pitchers.

I usually referee soccer as well once the season starts, and I cannot referee at all the first few weeks of the season and will be limited to sideline refereeing rather than center referee for at least another week or two after that.

The worst is the not working in the yard and the not being able to drive the Shelby or the 88 Mustang, as they are stress reducers for me.

I am thankful it is minor, I will make a full recovery, and it has not affected my ability to work, but I did not realize at first how much it would interfere with activities.

At least venting made me feel better.

Bob

I know how you feel........I broke a Bone in my Right Foot, one behind the Toes, and it was a pain to do anything. The Doctor said that a Cast would do no good so he just gave me a Shoe like device to wear that was Super Stiff. I kept triping because of it. I had to wear it for 6 Weeks.

I feel for you. I am recovering from a broken heal. Fractured the heal and somehow overextended my foot/ankle and the tendon pulled that backside of my healbone apart. Crazy. First foot injury for me. Lucky no tendon damage. Others posted surgery and bad stuff from foot/ankle injuries. I have learned patience.

Good Luck, heal fast

Archived