TEAM SHELBY FORUM

carlocate.com

So, my company just release a new solution to help our dealers get more exposure on the web and ultimately sell more cars! I was hoping you automotive enthusiast could give me your input.

1) What do you think of the site layout and functionality. Was it easy to use and would you use it to search for your next car?

www.carlocate.com

2) How effective was our marketing video? Was it entertaining and would you remember carlocate.com after viewing it!

Thanks guys! :happy feet:

I tried to locate a Mustang with in 50 Miles of 32304 (checked New and Used boxes) and it says nothing was found. I happen to know that there are well over 50 in this area....... Why did it come back as nothing found?

I tried to locate a Mustang with in 50 Miles of 32304 (checked New and Used boxes) and it says nothing was found. I happen to know that there are well over 50 in this area....... Why did it come back as nothing found?

We just launched the site Monday and only have about 900 dealerships signed up, so inventories are a little limited in certain zip codes. We're working on the rest of our customer base and hoping to get some traction as this is a very inexpensive value add solution that's only being offered to our current DMS customers.

You're in luck! I'm a software Product Manager!

So ok....

I think first it's VERY fast. Nice search engine!

SEARCH:

Issues...very limited default search and some data point missing.

I think you need to move body style out of the advanced area and onto the main page. Have it default to "All" or something but move it out. You also have a REALLY long model pop-up list because you've included Trim packages yet you're missing many popular Trim packages. For example there is only MUSTANG. No Mustang GT, Shelby GT, GT500 etc., however you do have Ranger, Ranger S and Ranger S/Sport. I would suggest you remove the Trim data from the Model pop-up and move it to a "Trim" pop-up that is dynamically built based upon the model selected just as Body style might. This means that if I am looking for a GT500 there is no way, that I see, to find one! I can play with price etc., but I should be able to find any GT500 vert in my area quickly. That is the value of going to the site verses other means. I want to get in, get hit list and start dialing!

So the flow would be:

Make ---> Model -----> Trim -----> Body

I woud also add Year Start and End from advanced to Front Page. You have to assume I think that people coming to your site are doing so in search of a specific vehicle unable to find it by other means, they aren't interested in scrolling through pages of cars, and shouldn't have to go to an "Advanced" search for something as basis as model year. IMHO!

RESULT PAGE:

When I get my return set there is no intuitive way to see the extended record data, specifications etc. It was by accident that I discovered clicking on the header bar of each car took me to the detailed info. It needs to be clearer that there is more information available.

To only add to the confusion in the GT500 car I'm looking for I find that if clicked upon it has a "Body Style" of GT500 which is not correct. It's a convertible the Trim (a missing field) is GT500. Given GT500 is not listed in the Advanced area search as an option under body style, which makes sense, this adds to the confusion. You also can't sort your result list by Body Style which in many cases, I think, is far more important than sort by say "Photo" for example.

Again this site is VERY fast, which may be due to the current load but still...try CarMax sometime!

Good luck!

So, my company just release a new solution to help our dealers get more exposure on the web and ultimately sell more cars! I was hoping you automotive enthusiast could give me your input.

1) What do you think of the site layout and functionality. Was it easy to use and would you use it to search for your next car?

www.carlocate.com

2) How effective was our marketing video? Was it entertaining and would you remember carlocate.com after viewing it!

Thanks guys! :happy feet:

Archived