TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats your profession

alaska

Retired (1996) Army Airborne Pathfinder 1st Sgt, lifetime member "Nightstalker Association"

Living in mid South Carolina with my wife who drives a Dodge Charger SRT8 and loves muscle cars as much as I do.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 years in the Navy as a Nuclear Machinist Mate. Did time on the Stennis and Reagan with an instructor duty in between those. Now am a Control Room Operator at a small 50MW combined cycle plant that also provides shore steam to a Navy base out here in San Diego

Civil Engineer Corps Officer in the Navy, ie Seabees and NAVFAC. Been in for about 6 years, was an engineer for a Department of Transporation before that. Love driving the GT500, yes it is a driver.

Just transfered to Southern Mississippi, should be good driving all year.

I spent my first 3 years out of college working in the Gulf of Mexico on platform supply vessels. I quit a year ago and now work as dynamic positioning operator on a semi-submersible drilling rig. My daily work is a little boring but the industry is booming! I've had my 2011 black/red SVTPP for 2 years now, and have loved every bit of it (except for my obsession with keeping it clean- which occupies a lot of my time)! It even played a part in how I met my fiancee- see the below link for our story!

http://www.chron.com/default/article/Love-story-License-plate-conveys-proposal-3312808.php

Lt. Colonel, PSYOP, USA-Ret. Also punched my ticket with Special Forces, Civil Affairs, Attaché/Foreign Area Officer with NATO. Finished up with 4 years as one of the Army's first Space Intelligence Officers at USSPACECOM, Cheyenne Mountain. Nice place to work except for all the ruckus from the Stargate downstairs. smiley-stargate022.gif

I spent my first 3 years out of college working in the Gulf of Mexico on platform supply vessels. I quit a year ago and now work as dynamic positioning operator on a semi-submersible drilling rig. My daily work is a little boring but the industry is booming! I've had my 2011 black/red SVTPP for 2 years now, and have loved every bit of it (except for my obsession with keeping it clean- which occupies a lot of my time)! It even played a part in how I met my fiancee- see the below link for our story!

http://www.chron.com...sal-3312808.php

Adam,

Great story... Congrats to you and Kathryn!

PS: Notwithstanding the BP incident, it's a good time to be in the offshore oil field industry. Stay safe out there!

I work in oilfield service, parts, and equipment . Business is not only booming in the US but abroad we have orders coming in all the time. I'm quite blessed to be in the right field at the right time. I bought a 2010 so that I can help contribute to oil demand.

My first car at 16 was a 1973 Mach 1 with a 351 Windsor and an automatic. Not the fastest car on the block but I spent a lot of my money as a kid trying to make it so with Edelbrock manifolds, Holley 850 double pumpers, 411 gears, Crager SS wheels, and hydrolic shocks. The thing rode like a truck but it was mine and a Mach 1. I fell in love with Mustangs with my brothers new 1970 Mach 1 with shaker hood and 351 Cleveland. Then he progressed to a 1969 Shelby GT500 so he could beat a friends Z28. To be sure he put in a 411 rear end. That started my love with Shelby cars. It wasn't until this year that was able to afford my 2012 SS (almost 40 years).

I own a document services business (data print and secure duplication) for the legal and medical field. Have been doing this since 1994 and it's been interesting. Lawyers and the insurance industry produce a lot of paper but every thing is a "critical rush" or some case doesn't get settled, or somebodys medical procedure payment gets held up or denied. Long hours and 7 day work weeks chasing my tail and putting out fires. Sounds like fun huh? Not much time to enjoy the new SS, but I do what I can, when I can. Sad I missed a lot of my children's soccer games and the like due to work. Sort of wish I had that time back. I too have struggled with the economy and the move to email and electronically supplied data. I'll have to find a way to adapt as technology isn't going away so I either adjust or just retire, but I'm not ready. Interesting thread here.

My first car at 16 was a 1973 Mach 1 with a 351 Windsor and an automatic. Not the fastest car on the block but I spent a lot of my money as a kid trying to make it so with Edelbrock manifolds, Holley 850 double pumpers, 411 gears, Crager SS wheels, and hydrolic shocks. The thing rode like a truck but it was mine and a Mach 1. I fell in love with Mustangs with my brothers new 1970 Mach 1 with shaker hood and 351 Cleveland. Then he progressed to a 1969 Shelby GT500 so he could beat a friends Z28. To be sure he put in a 411 rear end. That started my love with Shelby cars. It wasn't until this year that was able to afford my 2012 SS (almost 40 years).

I own a document services business (data print and secure duplication) for the legal and medical field. Have been doing this since 1994 and it's been interesting. Lawyers and the insurance industry produce a lot of paper but every thing is a "critical rush" or some case doesn't get settled, or somebodys medical procedure payment gets held up or denied. Long hours and 7 day work weeks chasing my tail and putting out fires. Sounds like fun huh? Not much time to enjoy the new SS, but I do what I can, when I can. Sad I missed a lot of my children's soccer games and the like due to work. Sort of wish I had that time back. I too have struggled with the economy and the move to email and electronically supplied data. I'll have to find a way to adapt as technology isn't going away so I either adjust or just retire, but I'm not ready. Interesting thread here.

My husband has put in 18 hour days 365 over the years on the farm and ranch. I pretty much raised the kids and went to church, ball games and funerals/weddings by myself. Was it worth it? Probably as we were able to move forward financially and the two boys that are on the ranch after college have a real asset but the work and long hours still exist and we try to arrange it to get them to their kids events and other things that we weren't able to. It does make it harder for us to scale back and work toward retirement. The boys have never seen their dad back off but we're trying! We went on a cruise around the Hawaiian islands in Dec so its a start! I would like to see that Super Snake of yours!

I'm a VP of sales for an Industrial Power Transmission distributor in NYC. We sell and apply everything from industrial electric motors, mounted bearings, converyor belts, variable frequency drives, servo motors, v-belts, timing belt systems etc. By night I am a miniature artist, sculpting and painting soldiers of all eras (mainly world war II) for collectors all over the world. Here is a link to my site so you have some idea of what I'm talking about. I'm currently waiting for my wheels and tires from True Forged and can't wait to post pics when I install them.

http://dansfineminiatures.com/

I am a Union Carpenter that has climbed the ladder to be a Construction Superintendent. For over 23 years I have been working for a great company and not only has the company changed my life for the better, we are changing the lives of many other people around the nation. Attached is a video that shows how we are changing lives:

After clicking on the link, click on the arrow above the girl to watch the video.

http://www.skanska.c...We-are-Skanska/

I am the Purchasing Director and Stockroom Manager for Jarrett Bay Boatworks which is a premier builder of custom sport fishing boats. I have been happily employed with Jarrett Bay Boatworks since my retirement from the United States Coast Guard almost 14 years ago, best job I could ever have (of course not including the Coast Guard). I spent over 23 years serving this great country in the Coast Guard, I retired as a Senior Chief Machinery Technician. I have own 19 Fords or Mercurys cars and trucks from three Mustangs, two Mercury Courgars XR7, a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and a Taurus SHO just to name a few. I live along the coast of North Carolina and life is great!

I'm a retired military person that served my country for 36 years +. Now all I do is collect cars, restore them and enter them in cars shows around the state. I retired in 03 and located in Walla Walla, WA with my wife and two dogs. We enjoy traveling and visiting familty.

My sons told me that I moved over to the Darkside when I bought the Shelby in 2011. I've always been a GM person with most of them being Chevrolets. Had a 2010 Camaro for about two years and wasn't impressed with it. So, I started looking at the Mustangs. The regular GT did not impress me either, then I moved on to the GT500. One drive and I was hooked. The 500 has to be the best looking car on the road. I sometimes pinch myself when I look at it. Can't really believe that I actually own one. It's such a joy to drive and since I added the FRPP 750HP kit to it, it's even better to drive. I have a need for speed and I really find it in the Shelby. At 65 I'm living life to the fullest. I also love being part of TS.

About to start my 31st year as a sworn police officer in a town of about 13,000 people on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Currently serve as Communications Supervisor after 28 years on the road.

Six years in the military, then thirty years as a Paramedic in Florida with ten of it besing assigned to Swat. Retired now with a 27 y/o son coaching football in Kansas. He owns a 1968 AMX 390. I also have a 15 y/o with a 1976 T/A, my adopted 14 y/o who wants to be an USAF PJ with a 1971 Maverick, and a 13 y/o who doesent have a clue yet. My lovely wife has a 2012 Shelby Vert. is a hairdresser and has started a Drug Screening Company called AT Your Service Mobile Labs and Drug Screens. She provides drug screening nationwide. And, then there is me. As I said was a Paramedic for thirty years but 12 years before retirement started my own drug screening company that mainly works with local government and I have a 2012 Shelby Coupe.

My three youngest raced Hare Scrambles for 9 years until the oldest decided that with two state champions in the family it was time to hang it up. He decided it was all about winning and wasn't fun anymore. He said he was pushing to hard and had become afraid of getting hurt. Three months earlier the youngest one one crashed his bike and it caught fire. Always heard a four stroke would do it but had never seen it. Decided then maybe it was an omen and it was time to get out.

Being in government I was not affected by the economy but my wife's business as hairdresser was. We have been very lucky with our retirement and lives and I hope that everyone else makes it work also.

Archived