TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats your profession

alaska

I am the head assistant for a very large orthodontic practice, 20+ years in my field. My Shelby is perfect therapy after a long day of working in people's mouths! I thought that by choosing the stripe delete package, my Shelby would "blend in" and not be so noticeable...but I was wrong! I get lots of thumbs ups (is that a word?) and headlight flashes from other sports/muscle cars, almost on a weekly basis! I love my car more than I thought I would, it's my baby for sure! Nice to see there are at least a few other girls besides me who enjoy driving our awesome cars!!

No blending in with these cars, agreed. And rightly so. Even the stripe delete cant hide the raging beast within!

If I didnt have a love affair with black cars (unfortunately) I would have been hunting a Kona Blue one as well, well played...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am the head assistant for a very large orthodontic practice, 20+ years in my field. My Shelby is perfect therapy after a long day of working in people's mouths! I thought that by choosing the stripe delete package, my Shelby would "blend in" and not be so noticeable...but I was wrong! I get lots of thumbs ups (is that a word?) and headlight flashes from other sports/muscle cars, almost on a weekly basis! I love my car more than I thought I would, it's my baby for sure! Nice to see there are at least a few other girls besides me who enjoy driving our awesome cars!!

Hi-

It would be lots of fun to have a Ladies cruise in conjunction with a Bash or other event some time! We have a 12 stripe delete and I seem to drive it more than hubby does. I like the questions from people that think that females couldn't possibly drive these perfomance cars! Enjoy. :cool:

Hi-

It would be lots of fun to have a Ladies cruise in conjunction with a Bash or other event some time! We have a 12 stripe delete and I seem to drive it more than hubby does. I like the questions from people that think that females couldn't possibly drive these perfomance cars! Enjoy. :cool:

In reality they are probably scared to be beat by a lady driving one of these cars... :dance:

I am feeling a little embarrassed that it is this thread that taught me the term "stripe delete"...my car just came that way and I loved it, never thought much about it...derp!

My wife has no interest in learning to drive mine. :( But my daughters seem interested. I'll definitely spend the time to teach them when they're experienced and mature enough to handle the car.

Hey Bill I have to highly reccomend the Ford Driving Skills For life class that Ford puts on for free all over the country ususally just before NASCAR comes to town. They take new drivers or permit holding kids on a real world road course with exercises in accident avoidance, skid control, and they even put beer goggles on them so it effects their reaction time so they can see how dangerous drinking and driving is. My daughter is 17 and she took the class last January and she had the most fun in these Mustangs that are set up to spin out if you take a turn over 15mph, the car does a back end slide and the kids learn how to counter steer out of it. They are on a figure 8 track and by the time she was done she instinctively can correct the back end getting loose. After that class I have been showing her to work the clutch and will have her driving the Shelby, W me of course, when she is ready. She is too nervous now becuse it is still so new to me and she knows how much it means to me...But it is really cool to share and hopefully she will catch the bug as well

Hey Bill I have to highly reccomend the Ford Driving Skills For life class that Ford puts on for free all over the country ususally just before NASCAR comes to town. They take new drivers or permit holding kids on a real world road course with exercises in accident avoidance, skid control, and they even put beer goggles on them so it effects their reaction time so they can see how dangerous drinking and driving is. My daughter is 17 and she took the class last January and she had the most fun in these Mustangs that are set up to spin out if you take a turn over 15mph, the car does a back end slide and the kids learn how to counter steer out of it. They are on a figure 8 track and by the time she was done she instinctively can correct the back end getting loose. After that class I have been showing her to work the clutch and will have her driving the Shelby, W me of course, when she is ready. She is too nervous now becuse it is still so new to me and she knows how much it means to me...But it is really cool to share and hopefully she will catch the bug as well

Great suggestion 1.21Gigawatts. I'll look into that when they get a bit older. I agree that we have to try to pass on the car hobby to the younger generation.

And freeway rock chips...omg. so my body shop guy gave me the best advice for fixing these pesky suckers....use a black sharpie! It works awesome and is cheap so I have 2 in the glove box always

I have just become one with the fact that at some point I will need to have her repainted, but I am going to put a sharpie in my detail kit because that is a brilliant quick fix until I am willing to eat the cost of repainting her. SO BRILLIANT! I am waiting until something like a bad door ding happens or (gulp) anything else bigger (she is my daily driver and man do Tucson drivers ever suck, not all of course, but sheesh, it seems like an unfair number of them...or maybe it is because I never cared this much about the car I was in??? It is a roll of the dice every time we go out!), but so far I have been lucky!

Funny story about Sharpies from Pinterest (then I will let the thread get back on topic, sorry! I hardly get to talk to people so I sometimes hijack threads, my apologies!)

5442768_700b.jpg

Yes Phoenix drivers as well. Lots of semis and dump trucks hauling down the freeway as well slinging all sorts of garbage at your baby, makes for a cringe at least once a week while commuting so have to commiserate with you there... However I am my own worst enemy at times and did have a garage door and front edge of hood incident not too long ago after spending 4 hours waxing my girl in the driveway and forgetting that I didnt pull all the way out of the garage :rant: Body shop said $400 to paint the bumper, or Sharpie for $3... And you can not see the damage at all after a quick dab.

Not sure if Skerpie will work as well tho... :hysterical:

• 4 months later...

May as well throw in my two cents worth...... Two careers in all.... 10+ years in Royal Canadian Navy... '63 - '73.....(worked with USN CT types) then transferred into shirt and tie with federal Dept of External Affairs (like USA State Dept).... Travelled a lot.... sneakers on the ground in over 55 countries.... prior to my 2012 GT500 I had 2 retro Mustangs.... 2005 Mustang GT and a 2008 Mustang Bullitt .... Retired since 2001.... now I just drive when the notion calls me.... and chill with friends/family out here on the 'left' coast.... Vancouver BC......Enjoy the topic of cars..... now especially Shelby GT500.... Thanks for all the info, gentlemen.....

My profession? Depends on who you ask.

I am married so I do work for "Honey Do". (Honey Do this, Honey Do that... ;))

Ray, have you been able to enjoy that new Shelby this summer and put a few miles on her? Winter's coming and I know you be bedding it down for the season. :cool:

Ray, have you been able to enjoy that new Shelby this summer and put a few miles on her? Winter's coming and I know you be bedding it down for the season. :cool:

I sure have and think yesterday's TS Ontario event was the last cruise in her. Was a great cruise and event with a 2.5 hr 1 way cruise so got some good seat time.

Not sure there will be many available warmer days here, seems late autumn arrived in a rush this year.

Bill, the plan is to make it to 2015 Carlisle, see you there!

• 3 weeks later...

Joined the navy just prior to my 18th birthday (back in '63) ... did 10 years ... shifted to Dept of External Affairs (State Dept in USA) for the next 28 years. Ret'd in 2001....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived