TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats your profession

alaska

I am a 26 year old. That has been in the US ARMY for the past 7 years. I plan on staying in the army for the next 13 years.

Thank you for your service to our Nation. My Father-In-Law was career Army and thought it was the best thing he ever did in his life. He loved it and retired as a Bird Col. He was a paratrooper in WW II and broke his leg badly in a combat jump. He was a infantry Battalion Commander in Korea and was almost killed when his jeep ran over a land mine. He finished up his career at the Pentagon where he handled all enlisted troop deployments to SE Asia back in the late sixties.

My wife enjoyed life as an Army brat and lived all over the world including Germany,and Okinawa.

Stay safe and good luck with your career.

Steve

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a 2nd. gen. auto worker from north central Ohio working for the best car co. in the world, building the best commercial van (econoline) in the world. Yes I am proud!!

This economy took a little longer to affect us, but boy has it ever, we are down almost 50% sales for the yr. and have went through 2 line speed reductions and a different relief assignment, We as a plant have stepped up and rolled with the punches as corporate has asked us to do. unfortunatley jobs have been lost. I am blessed enough to still be working. We have 7 more downweeks scheduled before the end of the yr. even after the reductions, we may have not hit bottom yet.

My wife of 16 yrs. is a nurse and there is no shortage of work for her, she actually has 3 jobs. We are raising 3 beautiful daughters (oldest named Shelby) and 3 awsome mustangs, '08 GT-500, vapor/black/red, '03 Mach-1,red/black, '92 LX 5.0, calypso green.

I have been working in some capacity since age 13, now 37, farm labor, color compounding (plastics) shop labor, machine shop labor, grocery store, ASE cert. auto tech, and then Ford for the last 17 yrs.

I am a 26 year old. That has been in the US ARMY for the past 7 years. I plan on staying in the army for the next 13 years.

Thank you for your service before I started in fire protection I spent 8 years in the atmy military police. I know your on call 24/7 with not a lot of thanks, whats your MOS?

Keep up the good work

I've spent the past 12 years as an Account Manager in the automotive field but thinking its time to pursue my dream job as a cork soaker! :P

Requires large lips, Nice I havent seen that episode of SNL in a long time thats when it was good

Small world Alaska! I don't have a GT500 either, (will a SGT do) but your story caught my eye. I work for a company called Victaulic, maybe you heard of them (being sarcastic). I'm a mechanical designer, have been in the grooved coupling/fire protection industry for the past 25 years trying to come up with better ways to help stop the beast of flame! I'm glad to hear that you made it through life with your beliefs and I must say they work for me also. Good luck in the future and may God bless you as you go.

Doug

Hey I was just speaking with the VIC rep yesterday a Furgeson we told him VIC needs to make an in the air groover that will do 1.25 through 6 inch all in one groover. I like the new VIC valve I think its now a 786 but they do need to work on the price.

I am a 2nd. gen. auto worker from north central Ohio working for the best car co. in the world, building the best commercial van (econoline) in the world. Yes I am proud!!

This economy took a little longer to affect us, but boy has it ever, we are down almost 50% sales for the yr. and have went through 2 line speed reductions and a different relief assignment, We as a plant have stepped up and rolled with the punches as corporate has asked us to do. unfortunatley jobs have been lost. I am blessed enough to still be working. We have 7 more downweeks scheduled before the end of the yr. even after the reductions, we may have not hit bottom yet.

My wife of 16 yrs. is a nurse and there is no shortage of work for her, she actually has 3 jobs. We are raising 3 beautiful daughters (oldest named Shelby) and 3 awsome mustangs, '08 GT-500, vapor/black/red, '03 Mach-1,red/black, '92 LX 5.0, calypso green.

I have been working in some capacity since age 13, now 37, farm labor, color compounding (plastics) shop labor, machine shop labor, grocery store, ASE cert. auto tech, and then Ford for the last 17 yrs.

See there are still proud hard working Americans with real values still out there, its all about family stick in there things will get better.

Man this is one great group of hard working guys!

I grew up poor in a small Cotton Mill town in Ala. and like most of you I started working hard at an early age with paper routes grass cutting etc.

Worked on the 2nd shift in the local textile mill from 3:00 till 11:00 while I commuted to Auburn University. Graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Business and went to work for a major retailer. I just retired this past year (2008) at age 60 after 38 years with the same Company. I spent time in Store, District, Regional and Corporate positions. I was grandfathered in with full retirement pension and supplemental package at age 60, management now has to work till 65.

I married the most beautiful girl in the world and we will celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary this month.

My wife and I have both worked very hard our entire lives and we are now in the play and spend mode. :yahoo:

Best of luck to everyone here in this tough economy and hope things turn around soon.

Best regards,

Steve

Thats awsome steve, may your retiremnet be grand you deserve it now have fun. I gotta go to work

33 year old securities lawyer. Everyone in my office says its not the typical lawyers car, but I grew on on the farm and in love with my dad's '70 Torino 429 Cobra Jet he's had since he was 18. My response to the other lawyers is that I'm getting a license plate that says BMWSUKS.

My firm is putting together a track day for some lawyers and clients in early September and some of the cars that will be there will be an '08 911 Turbo, '08 M3, '06 Viper, '09 GT-R, '07 S2000, '08 911, '08 F430, '09 M6, '07 M Coupe, '07 RS4 and my '10 GT500. I'm excited to see how my car performs and compares.

I'm a firefighter for the City of Calgary in the downtown core. Hey Calgaryshelby tell me it wasn't one of your partners who pin-balled their ferrari f430 off of a support column and into a building on 12th ave. and 4th st. Saturday morning. Cause if it was tell him I'm sorry I laughed my a$$ off when we arrived on scene. Anyway small world have to meet and compare cars someday.

I should clarify the driver was A okay except for his battered car and ego.

IAFF Lo-255

I am a sergeant with a sheriff`s office, been there for 12 years. I worked in a tire factory for nearly 10 years before that. As for the recession, my plate is going to read "LOTSAOT". The money is good, but working shift work sucks. I have missed alot of kids events on the weekends thru the years, but you have to support your family. I wish everyone the best.

Firefighter paramedic for the City of. Atlanta. Started as a volly in Michigan and now it is my life. Been doing this for 13 years and will either die doing it or cry when I leave. I can't see myself doing anything else. Nothing like the feeling of bringing someone back from a cardiac arrest and having that person tell you thank you a few weeks later .And Yeah the fire fighting is awesome also. Nothing like going into a building with flames blowing out the windows on one side of a house. Don't get me started on the highrises. Lol

That's my story....

IAFF L-134

Dam proud to know you, talk about making a contribution to society!

Geez, the excitement of driving a Shleby would pale by comparison to some days at work.

Steve

I'm 30 and have been working in IT for the last 12 years. I was with T. Rowe Price until March of this year and laid off. So I know the struggles a lot of people are going through right now. I now work for www.mnsgroup.com. It's a great Managed Network Services Company that's growing in this slow economy.

My first Mustang was a 2005 Mustang GT ordered and received in May of 05. Which my father bought from me when I bought the GT500. He also owns a 1985 GT, 1969 Cougar Vert, and 1967 Cougar XR-7 GT. My father always wanted a Shelby and I grew up wanting one as well. Now we both get to enjoy mine together.

Corporate and transactional attorney, was a CPA with PriceWaterhouse before going to law school. I have a GT 500, my son has a Shelby GT (he has had it since he turned 16 in 2007 - 07SGT0035), and my law partner (ccalaw) has a GT 500....once you feel the power of the Shelby there is no turning back....

I'm a firefighter for the City of Calgary in the downtown core. Hey Calgaryshelby tell me it wasn't one of your partners who pin-balled their ferrari f430 off of a support column and into a building on 12th ave. and 4th st. Saturday morning. Cause if it was tell him I'm sorry I laughed my a$$ off when we arrived on scene. Anyway small world have to meet and compare cars someday.

I should clarify the driver was A okay except for his battered car and ego.

IAFF Lo-255

No, I'm not sure who that was. One of our clients though did have his Enzo burn up in Kelowna - pictures were all over the web.

If the weather ever clears, we should try to meet up. I was going to go to the end of month meeting/cruise for the Calgary Mustang Club last week, but it started raining too hard. I have been thinking about going to one of their Wednesday cruise nights at Deerfoot Mall Home Depot, but just have not yet been able to get out there.

Hey I was just speaking with the VIC rep yesterday a Furgeson we told him VIC needs to make an in the air groover that will do 1.25 through 6 inch all in one groover.

I showed this to our tool guy and he showed me one that was done as a prototype. As of now it has a hand crank but the possibilty is there. Keep pushing Furgeson!

I am 47 years old and co-owner with my brother and President of a Marine and Industrial Contracting company, A Manpower Company and we also own a Holding Company that owns some Condo's and Industrial property. He Likes Chevys and I like Fords but he really likes the my new GT500. :happy feet:

In Marine Transportation - Worked on ocean going vessels for 5 years and then came ashore (got married) and for last 16 years have been working at a ship brokerage firm - we arrange for the transportation of oil (crude) and oil products (gasoline/jet/diesel) all over the world, in addition we handle the sales of ships and contracting of new ones.

Regards,

Jim

I am a co-owner with my brother and President of a Marine and Industrial Contracting company, A Manpower Company and we also own a Holding Company that owns some Condo's and Industrial property. He Likes Chevys and I like Fords but he really likes the my new GT500. :happy feet:

Hey Guys, I am a Doctor of Chiropractic, in my own practice for the past 16 years. I specialize in treating lower back disc herniations, disc degeneration, and stenosis. I do a decompression (traction) type of technique, but do "pop and crack" when needed also. I am from Detroit, "the motor city" and have been hooked on american muscle cars since I was born, my parents told me. I used to own corvettes, had 7 of them, but have owned only mustangs since 1999. I had a 2000 triple black saleen speedster supercharged, 1993 5.0 convertible, triple white anniversary car, 2003 azure blue mach 1, 2006 windveil blue supercharged saleen coupe, and most recently a 2007 tungsten gray silver striped shelby GT500. I have sold all of these cars, as the 06 saleen was sold in February, and just sold the 2007 GT500 3 weeks ago. I have loved everyone of those cars for different reasons, hard to pick a favorite, but it has to be a toss up between my 06 saleen and 07 GT500.

I am expecting delivery of my 2010 shelby GT500, black with grabber blue stripes, coupe, on Tuesday. Did a dealer locate, and found it in Denver. It has HIDs, and NAV. I am very excited for Tuesday, and I will post pictures about a week later. I am going to Detroit next Wednesday for the "Woodward Dream Cruise". If anyone has not heard of this, it is an amazing car show, 16 miles long of cars, mainly muscle cars, about 25,000 cars total, 1 million+ people. Mustang alley is about 2 miles long of mustang after mustang. I love it, go every year and hang out with my friends and family in Detroit. I will post pictures of the new car in about 2 weeks.

post-5933-1249588031_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1249588058_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1249588091_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1249588279_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1249588303_thumb.jpg

No, I'm not sure who that was. One of our clients though did have is Enzo burn up in Kelowna - pictures were all over the web.

If the weather ever clears, we should try to meet up. I was going to go to the end of month meeting/cruise for the Calgary Mustang Club last week, but it started raining too hard. I have been thinking about going to one of their Wednesday cruise nights at Deerfoot Mall Home Depot, but just have not yet been able to get out there.

I too was interested in the Wednesday show'n shine but too rainy and was working all mid week shifts. I will pm you my e-mail. I go back to work Saturday.

Fire Protection Operator (Firefighter/EMT) at the nations second largest nuclear power plant. We are one of only two actual fully staffed fire departments at a nuclear power facility in the nation. Have been a volunteer firefighter for over 10 years now and continue to answer calls when Im not working. I sure do get to calls alot quicker now :peelout: I also returned to work at Best Buy part time where I was for seven years while going to school full time to get my BS in Fire Science. Im back to installing car stereo and security systems which I am very into.

I'm 30 and have been working in IT for the last 12 years. I was with T. Rowe Price until March of this year and laid off. So I know the struggles a lot of people are going through right now. I now work for www.mnsgroup.com. It's a great Managed Network Services Company that's growing in this slow economy.

My first Mustang was a 2005 Mustang GT ordered and received in May of 05. Which my father bought from me when I bought the GT500. He also owns a 1985 GT, 1969 Cougar Vert, and 1967 Cougar XR-7 GT. My father always wanted a Shelby and I grew up wanting one as well. Now we both get to enjoy mine together.

Hi all, I have been a police officer in Edmonton, Alberta for the past 13 yrs and I am currently assigned to the canine division. Ironically enough my police service dog is named Chevy, when he was given me as a puppy to raise by my Sergeant 5 years ago I had voiced my concern to him that I was a Ford guy, He told me that if it was any consolation the reasoned he named the puppy Chevy was because he kept leaving spots all over the floor LOL... true story. Although even being a Chevy I must say he is a great reliable partner.

I wanted a Shelby since I was about 18 yrs old, In 1999 I settled for a 1990 7-up convertible lx which I owned for about 5 years, and sold it 6 years ago in mint condition to a collector with only 16,000 original kms on it, as it drove off my driveway my eyes welled up and I regretted that day ever since. I advised my wife that someday I would own another mustang, in 2006 when the Shelby came out I knew I would have to own one. After pestering my wife for the last three years I finally convinced her to let me purchase one this past January. What a great car they are, and I can guarantee this one won't go for sale until I am unable to drive it. Nice to meet you all and thanks for all he great stories...

Federal Agent, don't own a GT500 yet, but currently have an 06 GT. I will have one by next year :)

Where? I just got word that the ATF has canceled the Oct '08 announcement. So I am not very happy with ATF at the moment. At 35 I am now really pushing to get in. They say new announcement will be posted Oct '09. Will see

I just turned 40 and work in IT as a director, coordinator, relationship manager for VPs and our CEO, security advocate, policy writer, M&A expert for integrating and dismantling company intellectual data assets/transfer, etc. I'm definitely a generalist and just single-handedly completed our operating companies IT intranet community site. In the sits first month we received more hits than our parent companies IT page in the Americas Market. IT stuff has been my thing since the 80's regardless of the Finance Degree and MBA in Technology Management I worked hard for. If I gained anything from school it was critical thinking - that's about it.

With my spare time I am an entrepreneur. Having developed two web businesses that flopped, I have an opportunity and meeting next Tuesday with a venture capital guy to discuss our business plan on a new concept that works well in both good and poor economic conditions. Both market analysis and sales analysis that were performed seem solid or at least convincing. The individual venture capitalist loosely through around $5m for an investment, but I'm looking at doing 5 different projects/start-up companies to spread the risk.

The 10' Shelby GT500 will be my first RWD car over 100HP. She's Kona w/ Silver and both myself and Goldgus are going to meet up for lunch at the end of August since we work 7 minutes from each other. BTW, I work for a company that makes great chocolate and baby food (for those complaining about where their car is) :P

I'm 45, spent 20 years in the Marines, retired as a Major and have been working for a large defense/homeland security company for the last three years. Although I live in the Charleston, SC area, I'm currently the head of business development for the Louisiana/Mississippi area.

Have owned lots of Mustangs/Cobras, including a 95 Cobra R that I road race (though the car is still better than I am). Currently getting ready to run an 88 Mustang 4 cylinder in the 24 Hours of LeMons at the Lemons Fall South Race in September. Name of our team is Infidel Racing.....mostly we are former/retired military.

Loving my Grabber Blue coupe, had it to 125 on the day that I picked it up from the dealer.....

I showed this to our tool guy and he showed me one that was done as a prototype. As of now it has a hand crank but the possibilty is there. Keep pushing Furgeson!

Thanks doug I spent all day replacing pipe and vics on and old dry system in an attic

Hey Guys, I am a Doctor of Chiropractic, in my own practice for the past 16 years. I specialize in treating lower back disc herniations, disc degeneration, and stenosis. I do a decompression (traction) type of technique, but do "pop and crack" when needed also. I am from Detroit, "the motor city" and have been hooked on american muscle cars since I was born, my parents told me. I used to own corvettes, had 7 of them, but have owned only mustangs since 1999. I had a 2000 triple black saleen speedster supercharged, 1993 5.0 convertible, triple white anniversary car, 2003 azure blue mach 1, 2006 windveil blue supercharged saleen coupe, and most recently a 2007 tungsten gray silver striped shelby GT500. I have sold all of these cars, as the 06 saleen was sold in February, and just sold the 2007 GT500 3 weeks ago. I have loved everyone of those cars for different reasons, hard to pick a favorite, but it has to be a toss up between my 06 saleen and 07 GT500.

I am expecting delivery of my 2010 shelby GT500, black with grabber blue stripes, coupe, on Tuesday. Did a dealer locate, and found it in Denver. It has HIDs, and NAV. I am very excited for Tuesday, and I will post pictures about a week later. I am going to Detroit next Wednesday for the "Woodward Dream Cruise". If anyone has not heard of this, it is an amazing car show, 16 miles long of cars, mainly muscle cars, about 25,000 cars total, 1 million+ people. Mustang alley is about 2 miles long of mustang after mustang. I love it, go every year and hang out with my friends and family in Detroit. I will post pictures of the new car in about 2 weeks.

I'm trying to get my 17 year old to go to Chiropractic school I know Palmer Chiropractic is one of the oldest around He has been working for me all summer climbing ladders fetching pipe in and out of attics I think he's liking the idea of going to chiropractic college when he graduates this year.

.....The 10' Shelby GT500 will be my first RWD car over 100HP.....
:banghead:

WTF!!! :redcard: Have you been riding the bus? how is this even possible? The only way I can figure this is you are a FWD or AWD guy....lol :headscratch:

LOL....really just could not resist giving you a hard time about this. I have had motorcycles with 2x as much HP as in your comment. :hysterical:

Just take it easy when you get her. Remeber there will be ZERO torque steer. This is a RWD beast...Enjoy...

OH yeah!!! Please leave the traction control on...!!! :hysterical:

Archived