TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Speeding Ticket

As I have posted many times before about recieving a speeding ticket, get an attorney and contest it if you doubt the veracity of the ticket issued to you by any officer.

Radar is not an infallable instrument and officers are human. Sports cars and hot rods attract undue attention. Mistakes happen. I did not inhale. What does "is" mean. No new taxes. You get the point. sometimes you get a ticket and you were driving safe and not as fast as the radar said.

In this case we were all heading south to Grabberfest on the WA/Oregon state lines from Northern WA. Several other Team Shelby members saw me on the side of the road recieving this ticket.

Many officers who are TS members have pm'd me in the past about my previous posts about this subject and some of them have been amazed and questioned wiether this is legal. Some have accussed me of "fixing" or other illegal means and have lectured me, so save it, here are the facts...

I can assure you as an Americian you have the right to confront any witnesses in court before you are convicted of anything. Period.

Hire a traffic attorney!

As the attached jpeg shows my ticket was dismissed. I was written for allegedly going 90mph in a 65 zone.

Be polite, show respect (polyester uniforms, bulletproof vests and gun holsters are uncomfortable and so is the job itself), do NOT consent to any searches ever, take the ticket and call an attorney immediatley. Unless of course you were absolutley guilty and enjoy paying a speeding tax.

I also go a step further and call my personal attorney if I am pulled over by an accusatory or impolite officer and leave it on speakerphone so that my attorney can record and/or take notes on the officers interaction and the actual conversation.

Stay safe and enjoy the ride! Note, I am not advocating reckless or drunk driving.

I redacted the personal info for obvious reasons, but pm me if you need a WA state traffic attorney...Cheers!

post-9886-1249184646_thumb.jpg

As I have posted many times before about recieving a speeding ticket, get an attorney and contest it if you doubt the veracity of the ticket issued to you by any officer.

Radar is not an infallable instrument and officers are human. Sports cars and hot rods attract undue attention. Mistakes happen. I did not inhale. What does "is" mean. No new taxes. You get the point. sometimes you get a ticket and you were driving safe and not as fast as the radar said.

In this case we were all heading south to Grabberfest on the WA/Oregon state lines from Northern WA. Several other Team Shelby members saw me on the side of the road recieving this ticket.

Many officers who are TS members have pm'd me in the past about my previous posts about this subject and some of them have been amazed and questioned wiether this is legal. Some have accussed me of "fixing" or other illegal means and have lectured me, so save it, here are the facts...

I can assure you as an Americian you have the right to confront any witnesses in court before you are convicted of anything. Period.

Hire a traffic attorney!

As the attached jpeg shows my ticket was dismissed. I was written for allegedly going 90mph in a 65 zone

always good to fight it, snohomish has been losing so much in court they hired a prosecutor just for traffic lol

Be polite, show respect (polyester uniforms, bulletproof vests and gun holsters are uncomfortable and so is the job itself), do NOT consent to any searches ever, take the ticket and call an attorney immediatley. Unless of course you were absolutley guilty and enjoy paying a speeding tax.

I also go a step further and call my personal attorney if I am pulled over by an accusatory or impolite officer and leave it on speakerphone so that my attorney can record and/or take notes on the officers interaction and the actual conversation.

Stay safe and enjoy the ride! Note, I am not advocating reckless or drunk driving.

I redacted the personal info for obvious reasons, but pm me if you need a WA state traffic attorney...Cheers!

[quote name='SGT/SC#0471' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:49 PM' post='768878'

I can assure you as an Americian you have the right to confront any witnesses in court before you are convicted of anything.

You are correct. You have the right to confront any witness before you are convicted. :hysterical2::hysterical:

[quote name='SGT/SC#0471' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:49 PM' post='768878'

I can assure you as an Americian you have the right to confront any witnesses in court before you are convicted of anything.

You are correct. You have the right to confront any witness before you are convicted. :hysterical2::hysterical:

or have the right to pay someone else to...who is educated in the law better than an officer... :hysterical:

If you find a good attorney you do not even have to appear...seriously.

Nice going Randy! I've had a few unpleasant interactions with officers in the past that I wish had been recorded by my attorney.

That's a damn good idea and one that I plan on using if I need it in the future. I 2nd your insistence on contesting any traffic violation. I've contested everything I've gotten in the past 5 or 6 years and have only paid 1 fine out of probably 6 or 7 citations. The rest in my opinion were unwarranted. The one I paid? Yeah, I completely deserved that one. ;)

Ken

Wow, you guys make speeding, tickets and court sound like a hobby or something!

I'm boring; I just don't speed.

By the way, anyone who has an iPhone, check out the new app called Trapster. It's pretty cool.

Wow, you guys make speeding, tickets and court sound like a hobby or something!

I'm boring; I just don't speed.

By the way, anyone who has an iPhone, check out the new app called Trapster. It's pretty cool.

Never been pulled over once when I lived on the East Coast. In the West speeding and movingt violations are a preoccupation of law enforcement. As is engine and car mods in California when I lived there, I hear it is worse there now...

There was a recent article here that talked about the fact that people are beating tickets easily, just hire a lawyer and you're good to go :) now Snohomish County has hired a prosectutor that just does traffic lol we'll have to wait and see how that works out for them but obviously they are trying to shut the door.

There was a recent article here that talked about the fact that people are beating tickets easily, just hire a lawyer and you're good to go :) now Snohomish County has hired a prosectutor that just does traffic lol we'll have to wait and see how that works out for them but obviously they are trying to shut the door.

Waste of money for Snohomish...IMO.

Archived