TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Shelby get together in September

sportscars

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just found out about the car show at Cabelas. I am looking for more info. Post any info you have. I think that would be a great addition to the schedule.

http://www.examiner.com/x-16296-Austin-Aut...Cabelas-in-Buda

search "cabela's" http://www.motoraustin.com/austin-texas-car-shows.htm

Ok, have the reservations for SaltLick. It will be an all you can eat style dinner. They are a little funky about some things. It is $25.83 per person including your drink, tax and tip. It is CASH ONLY! There are NO seperate checks. They do not sell beer/wine, it is BYOB if you are interested.

Salt Lick BBQ web site

I made reservations for 50 people. If we have more than that we will have to split up into 2 seperate parties.

They are letting us park at the coperate HQ. It is about 125 yard walk to the resturant. It is gated and should be safe for our cars, although they did give me the "we are not responsible for your cars" line.

Thoughts - ideas - suggestions?

Since SOMEONE is too lazy to read the entire thread, I will repost the tentative schedule:

Suggested items to bring:

Digital/Video camera (If anybody has a go-pro hero camera PLEASE bring it!)

Walkie-Talkies - Family radios

Folding chair for Landa Park

Frisbee/football

Money for gas/food/souvenirs

Shelby/Viper/Ford GT, etc

Significant other/Spouse (but probably not both :hysterical: )

We should be at about 30 cars if everyone who said they would be there actually shows up!

For the weekly meet, cars start gathering at Cabela's between 7:30 and 8....FYI

Just curious...are there going to be any 60s Shelbys joining us?

I dont think the early model guys come on this site much.... :headscratch: They dont feel we have real Shelbys in case you havent been following that whole issue...

I wouldn't count on any being there- they dont like to break the glass case they keep them all in.... :hysterical::hysterical:

For those interested in The Woodlands/Conroe area, Saturday morning we will meet at 6AM at the Starbucks, corner of FM1488 and FM 2978. We will head out on FM1488 towards 290/I-10.

Let us know if you will be convoying with us.

louis

832-279-7575

Louis,planning on making the trip if it doesn't rain. I will plan on meeting you at the starbucks at 6am,Kenny-281-380-3869

Sean, do you have the phone # to the marriott hotel. I suppose i need to make reservations for my wife and i. I left you a message last nite that i wouldn't make it but the wife seemed to not mind going. I guess i'll take her to the outlet mall in San Marcos as a reward Sunday for going. Thanks,Kenny

Just curious...are there going to be any 60s Shelbys joining us?

I posted this event on EVERY Shelby & Cobra web site I could find! Have had a couple people respond, but I am not counting on very many (if any) older shelbys showing up. I hope I am wrong, but so far I have no CONFIRMED older Shelbys. I am so tired of this "split" between new and old. Wish we could just all get together and enjoy our cars!

Louis,planning on making the trip if it doesn't rain. I will plan on meeting you at the starbucks at 6am,Kenny-281-380-3869

Kenny, Weather seems to clear up for Saturday. I have never taken this car out in the rain, I don't mind the rain, I just don't look forward to the undercarriege cleaning afterwards :banghead:

My hopes is that its not like it is right now...wont make for any fun!!

Let me evaluate tomorrow, but I'm still a GO...as in GO Grabber Orange :drool:

I posted this event on EVERY Shelby & Cobra web site I could find! Have had a couple people respond, but I am not counting on very many (if any) older shelbys showing up. I hope I am wrong, but so far I have no CONFIRMED older Shelbys. I am so tired of this "split" between new and old. Wish we could just all get together and enjoy our cars!

I agree..a Shelby is a Shelby..Period! I just think that they dont want to put mileage on their $100K+ cars

Kenny, Weather seems to clear up for Saturday. I have never taken this car out in the rain, I don't mind the rain, I just don't look forward to the undercarriege cleaning afterwards :banghead:

My hopes is that its not like it is right now...wont make for any fun!!

Let me evaluate tomorrow, but I'm still a GO...as in GO Grabber Orange :drool:

wimpy, wimpy, wimpy!

Since the forecast has changed and the weather looks like it will cooperate I think I will drive the red car...

It is supposed to be a wee bit airish in the morning, for those coming from out of town you might want to bring a jacket, especially if you are driving a convertible.

I don't even know how to put my top up!

Looks like it will be the 26th.

More details to come.

If you have any ideas/suggestions, let me know - we are still flexible at this point.

Possible drive thru the Hill Country:

Google map

I have a different route we could do Sunday if anyone wants to stay overnight.

Sean

Are you going to update the route?

FYI....The weekly Cabela's car meet congregates in the furthest NorthEast Parking Lot. Will post a pic tonight.

This weekend is going to be fun ! :happy feet:

X marks the spot !

cabelas-parking.jpg

As you go into the park on Landa Park Dr. I will be in a parking lot on the right. You wont be able to miss me, I promise! White Mustang, Ford Racing banner, Checkered Flag, Orange Cones, Green and white EZ-up.

If you have a problem, call me at 210-885-7326

Sean

Archived