TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The nerve of some people....

Two days ago while at work I had my I-phone3G on top of my computer playing some tunes to break the silence and I step away from my area for 10 minutes and my phone disappeared. My charger was left in the USB but not the phone, I was livid. As you may know, I work in a Hospital but no patients comes near our stations and the music was so low that it couldn't attract any wondering eyes so that leads me to believe it was one of the employees. I hope that I am wrong about it being one of the employees but my lesson learned is that trust no one, I mean no one. So today after dropping nearly $500 on a new I-phone 3GS, the newest version I felt like I just got kicked in the nuts, so there went my money I saved for some 4.10's I've been wanting. The thing that bothers me is that its not so much about the phone but my contacts in it. Some great people that I met at the Terlingua meet last year, all gone.

For those who have a I-phone, I highly suggest you purchase the Mobile me application where you can locate your I-phone via satellite any time and remote wipe everything via your own personal computer, I wish I knew about it, oh well, live and learn.

Try it for free for 60 days and see if you like it. Its a bit pricey but worth it if you ever lose your phone or it gets stolen.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/

Two days ago while at work I had my I-phone3G on top of my computer playing some tunes to break the silence and I step away from my area for 10 minutes and my phone disappeared. My charger was left in the USB but not the phone, I was livid. As you may know, I work in a Hospital but no patients comes near our stations and the music was so low that it couldn't attract any wondering eyes so that leads me to believe it was one of the employees. I hope that I am wrong about it being one of the employees but my lesson learned is that trust no one, I mean no one. So today after dropping nearly $500 on a new I-phone 3GS, the newest version I felt like I just got kicked in the nuts, so there went my money I saved for some 4.10's I've been wanting. The thing that bothers me is that its not so much about the phone but my contacts in it. Some great people that I met at the Terlingua meet last year, all gone.

For those who have a I-phone, I highly suggest you purchase the Mobile me application where you can locate your I-phone via satellite any time and remote wipe everything via your own personal computer, I wish I knew about it, oh well, live and learn.

Try it for free for 60 days and see if you like it. Its a bit pricey but worth it if you ever lose your phone or it gets stolen.

MobileMe does a lot more than just find your phone but that alone can make up the price! If you get it make sure you set auto-lock on the phone so someone can't turn off the Location Services easily before you have a chance to find it on the web.

I actually think the price is really good for all you get. If you download AT&Ts application off the iTunes store and register for the AT&T Family Map for "2" you'll see it costs $9.99 a month JUST to map your phone's location, no over the air backup and sync, drive space, email, web site tools, or remote wipe, etc in that sense MobileMe is a way better deal.

Really sorry to hear about your phone!

MobileMe does a lot more than just find your phone but that alone can make up the price! If you get it make sure you set auto-lock on the phone so someone can't turn off the Location Services easily before you have a chance to find it on the web.

I actually think the price is really good for all you get. If you download AT&Ts application off the iTunes store and register for the AT&T Family Map for "2" you'll see it costs $9.99 a month JUST to map your phone's location, no over the air backup and sync, drive space, email, web site tools, or remote wipe, etc in that sense MobileMe is a way better deal.

Really sorry to hear about your phone!

this message brought to you from your friends at Apple............

WOW that Sucks......... I hope the minute you saw it was gone that you dialed your Phone to see if they forgot to turn it off. Did it have any Marks on it incase you happen to see it a couple of Months later?

WOW that Sucks......... I hope the minute you saw it was gone that you dialed your Phone to see if they forgot to turn it off. Did it have any Marks on it incase you happen to see it a couple of Months later?

I sure did, that was the first thing but sure enough this person must've been eyeing my phone for the most part and knew what they are doing because as soon as I called it, it went straight to voicemail which means they did not want to be caught with it at work. Nope, no marks just a black and silver(like my SGT :happy feet:). Well, I don't usually wish harm on people but Karma is a bitch and they deserve it for taking my phone. I have replaced the phone but damn it its my contacts that I wish I can replace. Again, you folks with these I-pods/phones be aware of your surroundings and do not let them out of your sight. As much as I wanted to go back to a regular phone, I just couldn't, the I-phone has so much to it that its hard to compare it with others.

that's awful! plenty of people roaming around a hospital but its really sad if turn out its one of the employees.

i leave nothing on my desk, when i go lunch, i even lock up my pens and highlighters. yeahhh there are many good people out there but bad ones are out there too. best of everything, sherps

that's awful! plenty of people roaming around a hospital but its really sad if turn out its one of the employees.

i leave nothing on my desk, when i go lunch, i even lock up my pens and highlighters. yeahhh there are many good people out there but bad ones are out there too. best of everything, sherps

Sorry to hear about your ripoff. Now you like most other people will trust no one, which is a shame because as you stated, there are many good people out there. Maybe if you ask nice and offer a reward you could get a list of your contacts........... yeah right.

Sorry to hear about your ripoff. Now you like most other people will trust no one, which is a shame because as you stated, there are many good people out there. Maybe if you ask nice and offer a reward you could get a list of your contacts........... yeah right.

I did put up a flyer and sent out a mass email to the ER dept and nothing, granted its only been 2 days, but I guess I could offer a reward, I'll try that.

Well, you know what they say.....Locks only keep the Honest People Honest. Yes, that is sad, but true.

I would be crazed like throwing chairs and calling the cops!!! You should make a report then put up flyers !! I can't stand $hit like that it even happens and my job (NYPD) fellow cops stealing another shocker. You cant leave your locker open for a second. If, I would catch one of them he's getting fired and locked up.

That :censored: blows

Thiefs are bad enough, but when it is a co-worker, just hurts that much more...

I'm adding MobileMe as we I'm writing this, thanx for the tip, and hopefully the thief develops a conscience, and your iPhone magically reappears...

Archived