TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Joe Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Good Ol' Joe. He sure sums up his administration's solution to any and all porblems. "Spend someone else's money!!""

As Bug's Bunny would say..."What a Maroon!!!

spend money to keep from going bankrupt!!!!!

No wonder we are all screwed!!!!!

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/arti...px?RsrcID=51162

That's true. but in business you have to actually MAKE money before you can spend it. :cry:

True, it like a "Catch 22"

You need a Job to Buy a Car.............You need a Car to get a Job.

You have to Advertise to Make Money............You have to make Money to Advertise.

WEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL

Actually, the way the government increases revenue is raise taxes.

Speaking of TAXES........ The next time the Government adds a Tax on Gas, I wish they would add .01 Cents to it. I am tired of seeing 9/10 on the Fuel Price Signs.

Let's all give our ideas on how to avoid taxes that your able to avoid, I'll start......................... I have eight vehicles and two enclosed trailers. Take car registration eight times seventy-five(registration fee/road tax) is 600.00 and the two trailers are 130.00. So that's 730.00 a year just to drive those vehiles on the road. What I do, and of course everybody is not going to be able to do this, I have a partnership with my nephew in a used car lot, and I register two vehicles as normal. The rest I use dealer plates when I take them on the road. I save 580.00 a year, and after 10 yrs, well, you do the math. I make it a point to go to car swap meets for parts to avoid the sales tax, and when I can't find them there I order on line. I also order on line for just about everything else if it's saving me money (check shipping costs first). a lot of places are shipping for free now ya just gotta find'em.

My insurance man is my brother in law, so what we do is just put storage or comp only on the vehicles we don't drive everyday. If I know I'm going to use the F350 and trailer I notify him and he puts full coverage on until I tell him to take it off. You can't believe how much you save doing this. Of course it's a hassle doing all this stuff, but in the long run it's well worth it. In 10 years I save over 5k alone on registration fees/road tax...............Hmm, thats a whipple my boys!!!

So lets hear how you save!!!

:shift:

Let's all give our ideas on how to avoid taxes that your able to avoid, I'll start......................... I have eight vehicles and two enclosed trailers. Take car registration eight times seventy-five(registration fee/road tax) is 600.00 and the two trailers are 130.00. So that's 730.00 a year just to drive those vehiles on the road. What I do, and of course everybody is not going to be able to do this, I have a partnership with my nephew in a used car lot, and I register two vehicles as normal. The rest I use dealer plates when I take them on the road. I save 580.00 a year, and after 10 yrs, well, you do the math. I make it a point to go to car swap meets for parts to avoid the sales tax, and when I can't find them there I order on line. I also order on line for just about everything else if it's saving me money (check shipping costs first). a lot of places are shipping for free now ya just gotta find'em.

My insurance man is my brother in law, so what we do is just put storage or comp only on the vehicles we don't drive everyday. If I know I'm going to use the F350 and trailer I notify him and he puts full coverage on until I tell him to take it off. You can't believe how much you save doing this. Of course it's a hassle doing all this stuff, but in the long run it's well worth it. In 10 years I save over 5k alone on registration fees/road tax...............Hmm, thats a whipple my boys!!!

So lets hear how you save!!!

:shift:

My income is less then $24K a Year......... No Money = No Purchases = No Taxes Paid. BEAT THAT....... :hysterical:

:cry:

My income is less then $24K a Year......... No Money = No Purchases = No Taxes Paid. BEAT THAT....... :hysterical:

:cry:

O.K.........................ya got me!

WEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL

Actually, the way the government increases revenue is raise taxes.

Raise them above a certain point and tax revenue plunges. If your tax rate was 25% and Obama and his fellow Socalists raise it to 75%, will they collect more revenue? I have cancelled all expansion plans for my petroleum business and am working in plans to shed half of my remaining employees. He won't collect a dime of his surtax from me and my total imcome tax paid will decline.

25% of $600,000 is a lot more than 75% of nothing.

Chip

God help us. How in the world will we last until these idiots are voted out?

You may never see them voted out! Now that they have full control of all branches of government they may make a few changes. They are already talking about doing away with term limits on the President. They may just declared Obama dictator for life!

This is how congress can actually save us some money. :drool:

When a company falls on difficult times, one of the things that seems to happen is they reduce their staff and workers. The remaining workers must find ways to continue to do a good job or risk that their job would be eliminated as well.

Wall street, and the media normally congratulate the CEO for making this type of "tough decision", and his board of directors gives him a big bonus .

Our government should not be immune from similar risks.

Therefore:

Reduce the House of Representatives from the current 435 members to 218 members.

R educe Senate members from 100 to 50 (one per State).

Then, reduce their staff by 25%..

Accomplish this over the next 8 years

(two steps/two elections) and of course this would require some redistricting.

Some Yearly Monetary Gains Include:

$44,108,400 for elimination of base pay for congress. (267 members X $165,200 pay/member/ yr.)

$97,175,000 for elimination of their staff. (estimate $1.3 Million in staff per each member of the House, and $3 Million in staff per each member of the Senate every year)

$240,294 for the reduction in remaining staff by 25%.

$7,500,000,000 reduction in pork barrel ear-marks each year. (those members whose jobs are gone. Current estimates for total government pork earmarks are at $15 Billion/yr )

The remaining representatives would need to work smarter and improve efficiencies. It might even be in their best interests to work together for the good of our country!

We may also expect that smaller committees might lead to a more efficient resolution of issues as well. It might even be easier to keep track of what your representative is doing.

Congress has more tools available to do their jobs than it had back in 1911 when the current number of representatives was established. (telephone, computers, cell phones to name a few)

Note:

Congress did not hesitate to head home when it was a holiday, when the nation needed a real fix to the economic problems. Also, we have 3 senators that have not been doing their jobs for the past 18+ months (on thecampaign trail) and still they all have been accepting full pay. These facts alone support a reduction in senators & congress.

Summary of opportunity:

$ 44,108,400 reduction of congress members.

$282,100, 000 for elimination of the reduced house member staff.

$150,000,000 for elimination of reduced senate member staff.

$59,675,000 for 25% reduction of staff for remaining house members.

$37,500,000 for 25% reduction of staff for remaining senate members.

$7,500,000,000 reduction in pork added to bills by the reduction of congress members.

$8,073,383,400 per year , estimated total savings. (that's 8-BILLION just to start!)

Big business does these types of cuts all the time.

If Congresspersons were required to serve 20, 25 or 30 years (like everyone else) in order to collect retirement benefits, tax payers could save a bundle.

Now they get full retirement after serving only ONE term .

Then ratify a term limits amendment for Congrss. That solves the retirement issue.

IF you are happy with how Congress spends our taxes, vote for them againe Otherwise, then I assume you know what to do.

WEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL

Actually, the Business Rule IS, .........You have to Spend Money to Make Money................

Correct, but the term implies, INVEST money to make money. INVEST in advertising to sell more products or services. INVEST in new equipment to expand business to make more money. INVEST money to expand your business.

Businesses spend more to MAKE more.

Government does not MAKE money. They only SPEND SPEND SPEND with no intent on MAKING any money. Government is no a FOR profit business. They just spend without ever bringing in any type of return on the money they spend.

First they tell you they have to spend to save the economy, to stop home values from falling, to create jobs, etc. Then they change that to SAVE OR CREATE jobs, To, oh well, we MISREAD the economy and it isn't working, to it is working because we saved jobs and prevented the economy from getting worse where if we had not spent we would be worse off right now.

Reality check! Had they done NOTHING we would be better off now. Reality is we are much worse off now BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT getting involved!

They can spend another 100 Trillion and it won't help! The more government spends the worse off everything gets! That is a FACT! They KNOW this is a fact! So the question to ask yourself is....if they KNOW they are destroying everything by all their spending, then WHY are they doing it? What is their REAL AGENDA behind all this???? Spend until they devalue the dollar to the point of total collapse? Bankrupt every business in the country to allow government to take over everything?

They already own the banks, auto industry, part of the insurance industry, Fannie and Freddie which owns over half the homes in this country as secured creditors. Now just keep spending under the disguise of a stimulus until it breaks every business across America leaving government the only choice left to come in and save us all by having government taking over everything and completely wiping out capitalism. It will come to the point that we ALL work for the government because they will own everything. And most of the pepople will accept this just to be able to get a job so they can feed their family after most people having been put out of work all because of government involvement in the first place. We are such a stupid people for allowing this crap to happen and they are flaunting it right in front us while America remains asleep.

Hmmmmm............Maybe you are right after all! The government is spending to make more money! They are spending this country into bankruptcy where every business will be wiped out leaving government the only HOPE of saving us all from starvation and having a job! And what is really BRILLIANT with all this is, government is doing all this with our own money we pay them to govern this country with and by printing money out of thin air that doesn't even exist!!!

The sad part is we are such a stupid people we refuse to acknowledge what is really going on and just sit back allowing it to happen!

25% of $600,000 is a lot more than 75% of nothing.

Chip

True....But he can still say that he is Collecting 75%............he does not have to say that Revenue is Down because of it.......... He will say Revenue is down because of the Economy.

True....But he can still say that he is Collecting 75%............he does not have to say that Revenue is Down because of it.......... He will say Revenue is down because of the Economy.

And the economy will be because of his tax increase and there is nothing he can say to cover up that fact!

They said the stimulus would create 4 - 6 million jobs! They were wrong!

Then they changed that by saying it would create or save 4 - 6 million jobs! They were wrong again!

They said without the stimulus we would hit over 8% unemployment. They wrong on that! We are at 9.5% and it will go over 10% soon!

They said the stimulus has worked by saving the economy from getting worse! They were wrong! It has gotten a lot worse!

They came out and admitted they were wrong by saying they GUESSED wrong! THat is the only truth they have admitted to! But now they are reversing that by trying to say without the stimulus we would be worse off than we are now! Of course they are wrong on this as well! We would have been in better shape had they done nothing at all!

The biggest problem is the stimulus has NOTHING to do with helping the private sector because it is filled with mostly government pet projects and does nothing to help private business!

Now they are talking another stimulus is needed and they haven't finished wasting 90% of the first stimulus yet! That is probably because they know the first stimulus is all government spending on government projects which will do nothing for private business but cause more taxes to be levied on them to pay for all this government waste!

Either these politicians are incredibly DUMB, or they have every intention on destroying private business so government can take control of everything by financially ruining them through massive taxation after everyone is hit with major tax increases to pay for all this government waste! The cap & trade and government run healthcare will be the final nail in the coffin to completely financially ruin small business in this country!

Then after half the country is out of work starving to death, everyone will welcome government take over as the only answer to solving our problem!

Government will save the day by being able to just print money out of thin air so they can take everything over. Then we will all work for the government under controlled salaries, lousy healthcare, and 90% + of everything we do get paid will go back to the government. They will just provide us with a place to live, food stamps based on how much food they say we need, and in the end, government will gain total control over the people! We will have no rights or freedom left other than what government grants us! Those that protest against it will be classified as terrorists and rounded up and thrown into their FEMA camps they have set up around the country!

It IS coming and no matter how obvious all this is as it continues to unfold right in front of us, people refuse to see it and remain blind to what is really happening!

And the economy will be because of his tax increase and there is nothing he can say to cover up that fact!

They said the stimulus would create 4 - 6 million jobs! They were wrong!

Then they changed that by saying it would create or save 4 - 6 million jobs! They were wrong again!

They said without the stimulus we would hit over 8% unemployment. They wrong on that! We are at 9.5% and it will go over 10% soon!

They said the stimulus has worked by saving the economy from getting worse! They were wrong! It has gotten a lot worse!

They came out and admitted they were wrong by saying they GUESSED wrong! THat is the only truth they have admitted to! But now they are reversing that by trying to say without the stimulus we would be worse off than we are now! Of course they are wrong on this as well! We would have been in better shape had they done nothing at all!

The biggest problem is the stimulus has NOTHING to do with helping the private sector because it is filled with mostly government pet projects and does nothing to help private business!

Now they are talking another stimulus is needed and they haven't finished wasting 90% of the first stimulus yet! That is probably because they know the first stimulus is all government spending on government projects which will do nothing for private business but cause more taxes to be levied on them to pay for all this government waste!

Either these politicians are incredibly DUMB, or they have every intention on destroying private business so government can take control of everything by financially ruining them through massive taxation after everyone is hit with major tax increases to pay for all this government waste! The cap & trade and government run healthcare will be the final nail in the coffin to completely financially ruin small business in this country!

Then after half the country is out of work starving to death, everyone will welcome government take over as the only answer to solving our problem!

Government will save the day by being able to just print money out of thin air so they can take everything over. Then we will all work for the government under controlled salaries, lousy healthcare, and 90% + of everything we do get paid will go back to the government. They will just provide us with a place to live, food stamps based on how much food they say we need, and in the end, government will gain total control over the people! We will have no rights or freedom left other than what government grants us! Those that protest against it will be classified as terrorists and rounded up and thrown into their FEMA camps they have set up around the country!

It IS coming and no matter how obvious all this is as it continues to unfold right in front of us, people refuse to see it and remain blind to what is really happening!

I agree with most of what you said but the FEMA camps are an internet myth. They don't exist. Glenn Beck hired Popular Mechanics to research it and they found that one of the reported camps was an Amtrak repair facility. They went inside and there were 50 guys inside the building welding train cars. One of the camps shown online is an actual concentration camp but it is in North Korea. They checked every reported location of a FEMA camp and all of them turned out to be buildings used for legitimate purposes.

Archived