TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Met up with some Canadians today

What a pleasure it was to meet up with glroy (Glen & Lisa) today. They have been on the road for the last 3 weeks in their GT500 on a driving vacation seeing the states. They came to my Pacific NW meet and Greet this year but I did not get much time to visit with them so it was good to have time to chat.

We met for coffee this morning at Starbucks before they headed home to Victoria. Their GT500 is looking nice. I did snap a few pic's of Glen and Lisa before they hit the road.

MiscPhotos3305.jpg

MiscPhotos3309.jpg

MiscPhotos3311.jpg

MiscPhotos3310.jpg

I noticed that the underside of glroy's car is now rust free. Thanks to Alex. happy%20feet.gif

MiscPhotos3306.jpg

I think Alex tinkered with this car a bit. :drool:

MiscPhotos3308.jpg

MiscPhotos3307.jpg

Before Glen & Lisa left...they gave me another Canadian Pin. Last time they gave me a flag. Now I have 2 Canadian pins to remember them by. happy%20feet.gif

MiscPhotos3312.jpg

Great pics Rob. Glen & Lisa were really cool and friendly at the meet & greet. Definitely a couple of people that my wife and I would have loved to have had some more time to hang out with!

Ken

Ken,

We were watching movies last night and Glen called me at about 9:55pm and said...hey were up the street at the Best Western and wanted to see if you could have coffee with us in the morning. I said sure, sounds good.

So I got to spend an hour and 15 minutes with them this morning before they headed home. It was great getting to know these 2 members a little better. :happy feet:

Grabber, you are a great ambassador for Shelby!!

I think everyone at Shelby should sign a cool Shelby banner and send it to you... Maybe an extra one for me too, forcoming up with the idea!!

:drool:

Or do you already have one in your collection of goodies?

It was great to spend a few days with Glen and Lisa when they were down here in Palm Springs. They are really nice, fun people...we had a great time to say the least!! We had a cruise up to Idyllwild and did a good # of mods to their car when it was at my shop. When they give me the go ahead, I will post the mods we did and pictures of course...

Alex

It was great to spend a few days with Glen and Lisa when they were down here in Palm Springs. They are really nice, fun people...we had a great time to say the least!! We had a cruise up to Idyllwild and did a good # of mods to their car when it was at my shop. When they give me the go ahead, I will post the mods we did and pictures of course...

Alex

Hey Alex. Got to get my car out there.....and see your awesome ride again.!

And post I will....LOL..was just waiting for the go ahead from Glen and Lisa.

Here are some before pictures of their GT500 underside after we pressure washed the underside and used rust neutralizer on all bare metal components. 23K miles of Canadian salty air and getting stuck in the rain made all underside bare metal components rusty!!! Also, the Ford dealer that did the TSB for them did not use Locktite on the rear driveshaft bolts...2 were only hand tight!!! Pretty scary if you ask me, especially after they drove over 2K miles on their trip from BC, Canada, several days in Napa, then down to me in Palm Springs.

After shots and mods performed will follow shortly....

Alex

GlenLisa001.jpg

GlenLisa002.jpg

GlenLisa003.jpg

How rude of me...I missed Mike's post (mywickedshelby)!! I look forward to seeing you again too. Next time we meet up at the Shelby Bash in January you can drive my GT500 around the track (if I still have this one), or the next one. Bring one of your Shelbys too to Palm Springs and we'll paint your rear also!! I may have another Shelby by then..want to do an Orange one next. My current Vapor one is on Ebay right now...here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MESE:IT

I had a great time with Glen and Lisa. They are alot of fun. One eveneing we stayed up to 3 am drinking!! I look forward to them coming down again soon.

On Glen and Lisa's GT500 we did the following:

Steeda Extreme Duty Billet lower arms with spherical bearing on one end, polyurethane on the other

Steeda adjustable upper arm

Maximum Motorsports aluminum adjustable panhard bar with spherical ends

My custom made (only available from me!!) MMS MAC stainless steel axle back polished mufflers with 4" tips. Great sound, no drone

H&R rear leveling springs (makes car level instead of 1.5 higher in back) also only available from me as a pair, instead of complete set

Metco 2.8 pulley and hub with new tune

Nitto Invo 29535ZR18 rear, and 25540ZR18 front tires

and of course, we painted the rear, driveshaft, other misc, and clayed, detailed and waxed the whole car including floor pan, and inside of wheels.

Car was stock when brought to us except for JLT intake and tune.

I'll let Glen and Lisa pipe in to tell you about their newfound power and handling. Car has no wheel hop or bounce around the twisties anymore with out a harsh ride!!!

Enjoy the pics!!! If anyone else wants any packages installed on their Mustangs, or Shelbys. PM me...that's all I have done at my shop for 17 years is Mustangs, Cobras, Saleens, etc.

Alex

GlenLisa002-1.jpg

GlenLisa006.jpg

GlenLisa007.jpg

GlenLisa008.jpg

GlenLisa009.jpg

GlenLisa010.jpg

GlenLisa012.jpg

Hey Glen sounds like a great trip! I bet your car is hooking up nice now. Hi to Lisa from me. Cool that you got to hook up with Grabber on the way back. Grabber you are the ambassador of the NW!

Wow Alex nice job man! What a transformation. Car looks super clean. Ok, maybe I will have to bring mine by so you can paint my rear end. Ok, that didn't come out right but I sure would like to see my underside that clean. Ok, that didn't sound right either. I think you know what I mean. :hysterical: I am thinking about a set of those Macs as well...

Thanks Guys!!

OCD...I can get you a set of them for $545 shipped any where in the lower 48 states. PM in your interested

Bob (slabo) after your 40th is done make the 3hr drive to Palm Springs so I can perfect your rearend too...also came out sick... LOL... you know what I mean....

Alex

Guys

have not had a chance to post pics or thanks to Alex and Rob. Lisa got the Flue on Tuesday and it hit me late Wednesday after I got the oil done and the underside washed. It is one ugly illness, we have been in bed since mid week and I am heading back to bed soon. Rob it is worth the trip to get your rear end done and the Macs sound sweet.

will post when we come back to life.

Glen

Wow Alex that is a beautiful job you did to the underside of Glen's Cobra.

The next time I cruise down to Simi Valley to see my brother, I need to take a trip out to PS for the same treatment.

I actually used to live off of E Palm Canyon Drive from 04-05. I ran a power plant out in Cabazon and loved my time down there in the desert.

Anyway, I'll drop you a line as soon as I plan the next trip south, which ought to be this summer!

Ken

Grabber (Rob) LOL...I think Glen meant Bob (slabo) you know how those flu meds disorient...

Ken, I would love to see you and your SGT. We have painted the rear in 15+ SGT's too so far...some even for local Ford dealers...I never understood why Ford didn't spend the extra $5 or so to paint our rears before they were put in our cars. They stopped doing so for the 99 MY!!

I wish I spent more time with you when I was up at Grabber's...too much..too soon, too little sleep...You have a gorgeous car...also love your fastback!!

Let's supercharge your car when you are here too...LOL

Alex

Grabber (Rob) LOL...I think Glen meant Bob (slabo) you know how those flu meds disorient...

Ken, I would love to see you and your SGT. We have painted the rear in 15+ SGT's too so far...some even for local Ford dealers...I never understood why Ford didn't spend the extra $5 or so to paint our rears before they were put in our cars. They stopped doing so for the 99 MY!!

I wish I spent more time with you when I was up at Grabber's...too much..too soon, too little sleep...You have a gorgeous car...also love your fastback!!

Let's supercharge your car when you are here too...LOL

Alex

Sorry man but I just beat ya to the SC punch! :)

But I wish we could have spent some more time chatting up north too man. We'll make up for it in PS! :happy feet:

So how is Glen and Lisa feeling today ?

I hope better !!!

thanks Rob

a little better today I have a bit of energy, Lisa has a bad head ache I have not got to that part yet. I just have the stomach that is in pain from coughing. feel like I have been doing ab exercises for days straight. I did manage to order the interior upgrade package at 10% off :happy feet: . What a great tool this internet I can spend money even when I feel like I am on my death bed.

Ken,

Yeah I read that after I posted...congrats...Hopefully you'll come and visit soon...

Sherri,

You are welcome anytime!! Hope all is well with you.

Glen and Lisa,

Glad you are starting to feel better. At least you both weren't sick on vacation!! Also congrats on the interior upgrade..can't wait to see it installed!!!

Alex

Alex

I had to reply to a post on suspension upgrades http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry760351 . We are more than happy the pulley upgrade I like (little scary for Lisa we will work on that ) The whole package you did for us was (as the kids say i think ) SIC? The car is really cool now and turns some heads ( even Canadians notice it now). To find someone you can trust to work on your car and provide good advise "WOW" and then to have them as a Friend, Lisa and I got lucky. Thanks for the work but more important Thank You for the friendship and Hospitality one of our best times ever in PS.

Lisa and I have come up with a new plan time to down size the housing requirements. Going to look at some town homes on the weekend (http://thelookout.ca/) all unit have double garages with 9 ft ceilings room for a hoist (oh yea Lisa say the views are great). After 29 years of child rearing (15 for me) its time to move and not leave a forwarding address for the kids ( at least for a few years)LOL. This move would require a longer commute to work but I like driving the Shelby (10,000 KM in 3 weeks) and Lisa could drive an AMG in the winter (she would like that)LOL. Good for Len congrats for him making the big step to the GT500 we all new he wanted one, now he need to join the forum. Say hi to him for us and thank him for the celebrity house tour. we have seen more of PS than most Canadians.

To all the TS members we have met this year Rob/Grabber ( the world is a better place because of people like you) Ken (i have forgotten you lovely wife's name) we would like to spend some more time with you guys as well, Bob and Pam hoping to meet up with you two again, Leon and spouse (yes forgot again) we need to discuss the pro and cons of wine in the lunch bucket over a few bottles of good Zin, and all the rest hope to meet up again soon (January could work at the bash)

oh yea Alex we have a lot more late night early morning stories to trade and of course the Shelby will need a spa treatment next summer.

Will try to get the trip pictures posted tonight and tomorrow.

Glen

Glen and Lisa,

Your welcome. As you both know I love to mod these cars and love even more to get the reactions and see the smiles on peoples faces when they get their cars back. My business, as you both know, is different then most as I become friends with most all of my customers and consider them family. If I don't get along with someone, or don't believe in the combination they want, I don't work on their car. My shop is not something that makes much money, but I enjoy the people and the cars. I make great money with buying, renting, and selling houses and condos, but it is boring to say the least. Taking a very good car and making it a great car is my passion. Meeting great people like you and Lisa you can't put a price on.

Len finally realized that there were only 4 new GT500's left in CA with the rebates, and 3 of them were black (which he didn't want), so he ended up getting a Vapor one like mine with Nav for $43440 out the door with tax, title and license. We already leveled the back, put a panhard bar on, painted the rear, and a set of Macs. That will hold him over until I sell his 63 Thunderbird and 03 Cobra. When those sell we will mod his GT500 more. I doubt he will sign up on Team Shelby as he is computer illiterate. I will post pictures of his car soon.

I hope your house downsizing becomes a reality soon with a 2 or 3 car garage to boot. Did you get the link I sent you of that Tectite E55 like mine that was in WA?? They really are awesome daily drivers!! I took mine to the track this weekend in 110 degree heat with drag radials and ran consistent 11.1 and 11.2's. Fun times.

Alex

Glen and Lisa,

Your welcome. As you both know I love to mod these cars and love even more to get the reactions and see the smiles on peoples faces when they get their cars back. My business, as you both know, is different then most as I become friends with most all of my customers and consider them family. If I don't get along with someone, or don't believe in the combination they want, I don't work on their car. My shop is not something that makes much money, but I enjoy the people and the cars. I make great money with buying, renting, and selling houses and condos, but it is boring to say the least. Taking a very good car and making it a great car is my passion. Meeting great people like you and Lisa you can't put a price on.

Len finally realized that there were only 4 new GT500's left in CA with the rebates, and 3 of them were black (which he didn't want), so he ended up getting a Vapor one like mine with Nav for $43440 out the door with tax, title and license. We already leveled the back, put a panhard bar on, painted the rear, and a set of Macs. That will hold him over until I sell his 63 Thunderbird and 03 Cobra. When those sell we will mod his GT500 more. I doubt he will sign up on Team Shelby as he is computer illiterate. I will post pictures of his car soon.

I hope your house downsizing becomes a reality soon with a 2 or 3 car garage to boot. Did you get the link I sent you of that Tectite E55 like mine that was in WA?? They really are awesome daily drivers!! I took mine to the track this weekend in 110 degree heat with drag radials and ran consistent 11.1 and 11.2's. Fun times.

Alex

cool times for the AMG. House first cannot park an AMG outside.

Glen

Archived