TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford stopped making 2010 GT500's!

I believe he was just saying for the time being that production of the mustang would be put on hold and then resume at some point.

That still seems drastic. I can't believe that 2000 GT500s have been built already. I'm clueless about Mustang production in general, but they had some delays getting the GT's out the door at first too. Think it was that pesky airbag thing but I might be wrong.

Too much speculation. I would say that if you ordered one and if you have a VIN, if you put a deposit down and your dealer put down $2000 for at least one allocation, you are going to get your car. Sometime. In the future. The only way I'm going to believe that Ford is going to shut down Mustang production either temporarily or permanently is when Ford issues a press release stating that. :lurk:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That still seems drastic. I can't believe that 2000 GT500s have been built already. I'm clueless about Mustang production in general, but they had some delays getting the GT's out the door at first too. Think it was that pesky airbag thing but I might be wrong.

Too much speculation. I would say that if you ordered one and if you have a VIN, if you put a deposit down and your dealer put down $2000 for at least one allocation, you are going to get your car. Sometime. In the future. The only way I'm going to believe that Ford is going to shut down Mustang production either temporarily or permanently is when Ford issues a press release stating that. :lurk:

Yeah....FORD issued a press release to public and to dealers (darn it where are you shelbydude when we need you) few years back that GT500 will be a two year run . So much for Ford's credibility huh.

Yeah....FORD issued a press release to public and to dealers (darn it where are you shelbydude when we need you) few years back that GT500 will be a two year run . So much for Ford's credibility huh.

A statement like "the GT500 will be a two year run" is obviously something that a marketing person might make. It's a statement that would change if, for example, the GT500 became a resounding success. Something like that apparently happened.

Then the economy tanked.

For Ford to come out and say "we are shutting down the Mustang line" is a much different statement. Jobs would be lost, and verification of whether the statement is true or not isn't an issue if thousands of Ford employees suddenly become unemployed.

Apples and oranges IMHO...

A statement like "the GT500 will be a two year run" is obviously something that a marketing person might make. It's a statement that would change if, for example, the GT500 became a resounding success. Something like that apparently happened.

Then the economy tanked.

For Ford to come out and say "we are shutting down the Mustang line" is a much different statement. Jobs would be lost, and verification of whether the statement is true or not isn't an issue if thousands of Ford employees suddenly become unemployed.

Apples and oranges IMHO...

they are not shutting the mustang line....It is selling still so why they shut it down?do they lie? yes. are they selling mustangs? yes.

it is true though that the aluminum engine is for real and somehow seems to change plans, will see how it unfolds.

Archived