TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Purchasing stuff from TS members

A while back a TS member was selling after market parts from his car everything looked good so I wired this person the money, $132.00 a month ago, and I never received the part.

I have their "address" cell phone# and their email address but no calls are returned. :angry2:

This other person has Florida address and I live in Washington State.........It's just a little too far to do anything about it but call him on his cell phone in the middle of the night.

This guy was selling a lot of parts I hope no one else got burned.

Anyway just sharing my experience, be careful who you deal with...........

Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, however if you have attempted to contact this person no

avail then I would post their name and let the forum members know who not to deal with.

FYI - Use Paypal from now on. Never send money any other way.

Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, however if you have attempted to contact this person no

avail then I would post their name and let the forum members know who not to deal with.

FYI - Use Paypal from now on. Never send money any other way.

I won't post their name and I will always give the person the benefit of the doubt. It would be nice if they would return phone calls. :shrug:

Paypal......good idea.

I'm hoping that this is just a misunderstanding. I look at members on this site as family. You don't screw over family. My .02 worth.

AMEN to that.

You might try calling the Person in the middle of THEIR Night. If you have left messages and they have not returned your Calls, THEN please give out the Name so WE (your extended Family) knows who NOT to buy from.

There is such a thing as "Wire Fraud", you may be able to do something after all.

This guy was selling a lot of parts I hope no one else got burned.

Anyway just sharing my experience, be careful who you deal with...........

I won't post their name and I will always give the person the benefit of the doubt.

So you hope no one else got burned and you want others to be careful of who they deal with but wont say who the seller was??? Doesn't make sense to me.

Steve

Make every attempt to contact him, use every resorce and then if no luck post his name and as much about him that you can. There are members all over the state. Some one must be close to him that could pay him a visit.

well if the link is accurate and this is the seller..........he was in the process of moving.

There is no excuse for selling something and then not shipping the part. This is the same delay tactics people on Ebay use. The "sellers" should be identified so all can see, TS notified and the "seller" removed from Forum access until such time the issue is resolved. :finger:

There is no excuse for selling something and then not shipping the part. This is the same delay tactics people on Ebay use. The "sellers" should be identified so all can see, TS notified and the "seller" removed from Forum access until such time the issue is resolved. :finger:

Take a deep breath triple 07...........I'm not saying that that is an excuse. My reference was that it's going to be increasingly more difficult to get in contact with the seller if he did indeed move. Badsnake said he has contact information from FL....unfortunately, I'm not sure that's current any longer if the thread is accurate.

Its been a month, regardless of the sellers possible good intentions, sufficient time has gone by to give the "you got burned" option some serious thought.

I say out the seller now before someone else gets burned.

If there is a plausible explanation, the seller can defend himself, but after a month, I say he deserves the bad press either way.

In this economy, there are all sorts of reasons why someone would lose contact: however, given that it's been a month there is really no excuse for either sending the item or returning the money. I say out them and let them defend their self.

I'm breathing fine thank you. The issue is about responsibilty and honesty. The TS Forum cannot let someone use their web site to abuse other TS members. Regardless of the explanation, TS needs to use their resources to contact the Seller. If the Seller fails to respond then TS can easily prevent access to the Forum and thus avoid other TS members from having this type problem. If the Seller does respond then surely it would be easy to resolve the issue, 1) pay the money back or 2) ship the parts. Pretty simple. :headscratch:

I'm breathing fine thank you. The issue is about responsibilty and honesty. The TS Forum cannot let someone use their web site to abuse other TS members. Regardless of the explanation, TS needs to use their resources to contact the Seller. If the Seller fails to respond then TS can easily prevent access to the Forum and thus avoid other TS members from having this type problem. If the Seller does respond then surely it would be easy to resolve the issue, 1) pay the money back or 2) ship the parts. Pretty simple. :headscratch:

well than whatever you are inhaling, put it down and back away. I agree with you! My point is simply that if the referenced thread is accurate and this guy did move, his contact info probably isn't valid anylonger and he may need to offer up the seller for any further assistance.

Eddie G

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=43865&hl=

One month later and I'll call the guy out myself. I got burned by a kid on another forum a year or two ago. There is zero protection for buyers through a forum, even if you use paypal, trust me.

If you're not damn sure of the guy's reputation around here, I wouldn't buy. I think that having some sort of feedback rating next to our avatars is a good idea, in order to have an idea of what kind of seller you're dealing with. Other forums use it and the system works well. At the very least, there should be a dedicated thread for people to report good and bad buying experiences, but those become cluttered and difficult to navigate quickly. 99% of the private transactions that occur through TS go great, I'm sure. Just my .02.

Ken

Just as an FYI........I purchased an AFCO HE from this member and it took 3 months to get :lurk:

It took a while but was delivered as described. Fortunately it was still snowing here so I was able to exhibit a little more patience than normal.

I'm not defending the transaction as over a month and no communication is unacceptable.

Well it looks like he sold over $7,000 worth of parts in that thread.

Not that it would make a difference but I'm wondering if TS should require that to sell parts on TS (especially $7,000 worth of parts) the seller needs to be a paying TS member and not just a free TS membership.

I would also recommend that buyers try to use Paypal funded with a credit card for payment. While Paypal might blow you off when you file a complaint they sure change their tune when your credit card company does a chargeback against Paypal.

Steve

Today I called his bank, that's where I wired the money. They said there's nothing they can do I have to file a police report and the bank gave me the number to call.

I called the guy and left a message on his cell and I told him, give me a call let's work it out or I'm calling the police.

I don't want to cause any ill will to anybody but I don't want to get ripped off either.

I could have bought the part new for $40 more but I felt I could have helped a guy out.

I'm glad kevhead20 got the HE, this proves might actually own a Shelby.

Today I called his bank, that's where I wired the money. They said there's nothing they can do I have to file a police report and the bank gave me the number to call.

I called the guy and left a message on his cell and I told him, give me a call let's work it out or I'm calling the police.

I don't want to cause any ill will to anybody but I don't want to get ripped off either.

I could have bought the part new for $40 more but I felt I could have helped a guy out.

I'm glad kevhead20 got the HE, this proves might actually own a Shelby.

He does own, or at least used to own, a Shelby.

Archived