TEAM SHELBY FORUM

it just getting crazier

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not jealous of of the more HP, better clutch etc... 2008+.

I wanted a 07. Got a 07. Shelby signed 40th.

All that natters.

I look back seeing them go for sticker or under nowadays and even though I paid 62ish I have zero regrets.

I echo what they have said ...gorgeous car ..fastest color, oh yeah..!

No, The rest of us are all headed in the same direction....away from your crappy attitude. While you were putting three kids through college, (whatever that means, you are a dad...do your job) that man you were putting down in the prior post is taking in many many foster children that have no place but Child Protective Services. He has raised almost 10 of other people's responsibilities dropped on society, AND his 3 kids...which is the reason he doesn't have a Shelby.

I have left this thread alone because it is the stupidest argument on this site...what value is a "40th"? its just a friggin number...Mine is a coveted 41st anniversary model....ooooohhhh! *gasp* Big whoop....every year is another anniversary. A 40th means nothing but 40 years have passed...your car is same as mine, only a few more bugs in the system...and a few more miles and 1 year older. You dont have a 67 GT500, so your car is worth ummm, about 30k right now...so suck it! If you bought your car for some elite "status" symbol, you are the guy who will not get the payoff for what it really means to own one of these cars. A fun driving experience every time you get in the car, and good people here to share it with. I hope you can take an apology next time a little better, even if you cant have a little empathy or be open to other views.

As for the rest of you- I will say Cobrafan's 40th is the most bad ass car I have ever heard or seen... :happy feet:

A true beast, and flagship of what our cars capabilities are.

Thanks my man!

And Don's cars is the baddest 40th I have ever seen (and heard!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
Shelby's name has been watered down from all these models, but they don't care--it's all about the money. Nothing else. Shelby has sold himself out for the corporate cash.

To bad because he was always about performance and exclusivity.

You are right, its all about the money! He should be giving his cars away! And not paying his employees to build them. Maybe just make 3 or 4 a year out of a garage in some crappy neighborhood somewhere. I remember the goold old days when you just showed up at his shop and he just gave you a car for free.

Imagine, building cars people have been begging for and then charging for them. Greedy bastard!

Gordy, let me guess - you are not a small business owner.

Hey! Leave Gordy alone! He just volunteered to give the Shelby family about 20 million dollars so that CS can quit building cars altogether! Isnt that right Gordo? :headscratch: Oh, no? And I suppose if you could leave your wife and kids and so on with money to never worry about the heartaches most experience, you would cast that aside to appease the opinions of people you don't even know, right? No? :finger: I think the man has done everything that is required of him by us. If you really respect him and think a lot of him, go out and have your car modded at SAI. Why dont you quit bitchin and return the favor for the smile that man put on YOUR face every time you get in your car...if you arent smiling, then you should give your car to someone who will so CS doesnt have to build another one....that would fix the problem

But I love the completely selfish and obtuse reasoning this topic has pulled out of some...good work. this thread was only like 2 weeks stale...glad you had something new and fresh to add rather than that same BS others ha.....oops, I just found a post just like yours on the first page...disregard that...you didnt add anything new...thanks for nothing. :doh:

Hey! Leave Gordy alone! He just volunteered to give the Shelby family about 20 million dollars so that CS can quit building cars altogether! Isnt that right Gordo? :headscratch: Oh, no? And I suppose if you could leave your wife and kids and so on with money to never worry about the heartaches most experience, you would cast that aside to appease the opinions of people you don't even know, right? No? :finger: I think the man has done everything that is required of him by us. If you really respect him and think a lot of him, go out and have your car modded at SAI. Why dont you quit bitchin and return the favor for the smile that man put on YOUR face every time you get in your car...if you arent smiling, then you should give your car to someone who will so CS doesnt have to build another one....that would fix the problem

But I love the completely selfish and obtuse reasoning this topic has pulled out of some...good work. this thread was only like 2 weeks stale...glad you had something new and fresh to add rather than that same BS others ha.....oops, I just found a post just like yours on the first page...disregard that...you didnt add anything new...thanks for nothing. :doh:

:cry: obtuse= intelectually dull or dim witted- had to look it up- you already called me that a week ago but did not use the word obtuse but pretty much said the same- if you do not like the post why do you keep chirping in- because your upset some of us are so stupid or could it be you disagree with opinions and cannot stand it any longer. Gordy is a good guy - so am I - so are you- obtuse that is a tough one for me- dim witted I can remember. Glad I am on your good side as I bet you would let me know how you really feel if I said something obtusive- wow what power words can bring. Best car I have ever owned that we agee on. It also makes me smile as well and thank ford and CS for getting together to keep the dynasty rolling. Gordy's car looks a lot faster than yours- I bet that makes him smile-

Its not the person, its the reasoning I consider obtuse...and sportscars is right on the money. I cant beleive people are calling CS a sell out. SAI is in the car modification business, and they are subject to limitations by vehicle production. They are trying to get into different markets as you can see with the F-150, and I have heard no problems with that, but to be angry because SAI decided to offer any mustang level a way to upgrade through SAI and get in on the fun is just, well, dim-witted. SAI offers the V6 a "Terlingua" package, but only a few have been produced, lets say 15-20 by my count. Thats not exactly saturating the market. Most wont spend 17k on a car they didnt pay much more for. The same for the Mustang GT. There wont be many that do it, but the option is nice, and a lot better for us than having Ford build more Shelby GTs. (well, at least better for the SGT guys) The SGT guys have been begging for a package for them since it came out in 2007, and this is long overdue. The SE package? Okay, there is a market for people who dont want to spend 34k to SS their GT500, and dont have 2007 cars so they have no in-between stock or SS package like the 40th. Sure, they could have the suspension modded on their own, but then you are watering down your own car's lineage, no?

Maybe a better option would be for a new line not with the mustang, but with the exclusivity SAI has with Ford, they are limited by the cars that Ford is coming out with, and I dont see ANYONE paying to upfit their focus or taurus any time soon. (Taurus SHO aside)

Is it a personal attack directed at Gordy or the other one that I slammed? Well, yes and no...and I have been here a long time careful to not be too polarized on most issues. But I wont stand for people calling CS a sellout when the man is 86 years old and has lived most of his retirement years barely getting by. SAI was in big trouble until 2005. These cars represent nothing but a toy for us. These cars are his way of getting back what CS has put in to his whole life. Would he have done it if every time someone owned the originals sold their car for 20 or 30k profit gave CS a nice little thank you in terms of say 2 or 3% of their profit? Was he forgotten by them? Thanks for the great exclusive car CS, and Im glad I just sold it to buy my new lakehouse! Why should he live in the poor house and watch everyone with the old Shelbys sell them off for windfall amounts? Why cant he gain profit for the image and name that is HIS to do with what he wants?

When I was young, I was on the other side of the argument with music. I couldn't stand the fact that I would hear my favorite songs as a commercial jingle or as the dreaded elevator muzak we all know, but then I ran into one of my favorite artists as an adult, and he never sold out. I told him I respected how he kept his music pure. He told me he lived in a weekly rent dive and gave lessons to make enough to eat. His great music made him about 300k, but that doesn't last long in the grand scheme of things. He died a few years after that....with nothing to leave his children, but an occasional oldies hit played on the radio. I dont think it is fair for us to guilt CS into thinking that the legacy he leaves his family should be mostly people walking up to them saying, your father or grandfather was a legend....that doesnt feed them, cloth them, or put them through college. Most importantly, it doesn't allow them to have the money to PROTECT the Shelby name, which will be expensive. Lawyers are not free, and infringement lawsuits are costly. CS has very few years to capitalize on his legend and name, and he would be a FOOL not to. I'll say it again- SAI has many employees, but what you and I call employees of SAI, they call family. Just as in OUR businesses, are the powers that direct a business not able to keep their people employed? Was SAI as a company only started to be a short run business until you satisfied your desire and dream to own a Shelby? No; I think I can answer that for them.

And it isn't that I have a problem with the criticism. I have some issues with things SAI has done. But I dont air them out only to whine. If I can think of a solution I think fits both sides, I forward that idea to the person that can do something about it. If not, I keep MY problems to MYSELF.

If Gordy and others had simply stated, SAI is going in the wrong direction for a sustained long term business model IMHO, and I think they should be doing a,b,c, then I wouldn't have a problem with that at all. But all I get out of reading the comment is "CS is a sellout for producing cars that are selling because it affects my ability to feel elite". Sorry, but your license plate doesn't exactly play down the fact that this car to you is an ego booster. And I cant just let that comment slide. I bite my tongue on the babbling spouting craptacular political posts that are about as enlightening as a Korean language instruction sheet packed with my last camcorder, but not here, not on this subject. I guess I got it backwards; I should be fighting with the rest in the off topic forum about how bad Bush was or how bad Obama is...they both suck my exhaust...nuff said. I still cant believe more people arent chiming in to protect CS and this attack on him, but will spend hours talking political banter on nonsense. If I am in the minority, then so be it.

After rereading the whole thing, I probably owe an apology to Gordy and Sharabi and one other guy here for my harshness in how I attacked their responses, but I dont know Gordy, and I saw he had less than 100 posts, and I, like many here, give strength in comments and respect in how many posts you have. But I was new once too, and I never would have made such a statement when trying to build a reputation here. Gordy, you are right about one thing. It IS about the money to them. It is our passion and hobby. It is their BUSINESS, even if they enjoy it and are doing it off work as their hobby too; And business should always be about the money.

Now, this comment Shelbypowered made about how his car looks faster than mine? Well, there is only one way to find out! :shift: And THAT is what this website, Shelby, and US should be about!

Its not the person, its the reasoning I consider obtuse...and sportscars is right on the money. I cant beleive people are calling CS a sell out. SAI is in the car modification business, and they are subject to limitations by vehicle production. They are trying to get into different markets as you can see with the F-150, and I have heard no problems with that, but to be angry because SAI decided to offer any mustang level a way to upgrade through SAI and get in on the fun is just, well, dim-witted. SAI offers the V6 a "Terlingua" package, but only a few have been produced, lets say 15-20 by my count. Thats not exactly saturating the market. Most wont spend 17k on a car they didnt pay much more for. The same for the Mustang GT. There wont be many that do it, but the option is nice, and a lot better for us than having Ford build more Shelby GTs. (well, at least better for the SGT guys) The SGT guys have been begging for a package for them since it came out in 2007, and this is long overdue. The SE package? Okay, there is a market for people who dont want to spend 34k to SS their GT500, and dont have 2007 cars so they have no in-between stock or SS package like the 40th. Sure, they could have the suspension modded on their own, but then you are watering down your own car's lineage, no?

Maybe a better option would be for a new line not with the mustang, but with the exclusivity SAI has with Ford, they are limited by the cars that Ford is coming out with, and I dont see ANYONE paying to upfit their focus or taurus any time soon. (Taurus SHO aside)

Is it a personal attack directed at Gordy or the other one that I slammed? Well, yes and no...and I have been here a long time careful to not be too polarized on most issues. But I wont stand for people calling CS a sellout when the man is 86 years old and has lived most of his retirement years barely getting by. SAI was in big trouble until 2005. These cars represent nothing but a toy for us. These cars are his way of getting back what CS has put in to his whole life. Would he have done it if every time someone owned the originals sold their car for 20 or 30k profit gave CS a nice little thank you in terms of say 2 or 3% of their profit? Was he forgotten by them? Thanks for the great exclusive car CS, and Im glad I just sold it to buy my new lakehouse! Why should he live in the poor house and watch everyone with the old Shelbys sell them off for windfall amounts? Why cant he gain profit for the image and name that is HIS to do with what he wants?

When I was young, I was on the other side of the argument with music. I couldn't stand the fact that I would hear my favorite songs as a commercial jingle or as the dreaded elevator muzak we all know, but then I ran into one of my favorite artists as an adult, and he never sold out. I told him I respected how he kept his music pure. He told me he lived in a weekly rent dive and gave lessons to make enough to eat. His great music made him about 300k, but that doesn't last long in the grand scheme of things. He died a few years after that....with nothing to leave his children, but an occasional oldies hit played on the radio. I dont think it is fair for us to guilt CS into thinking that the legacy he leaves his family should be mostly people walking up to them saying, your father or grandfather was a legend....that doesnt feed them, cloth them, or put them through college. Most importantly, it doesn't allow them to have the money to PROTECT the Shelby name, which will be expensive. Lawyers are not free, and infringement lawsuits are costly. CS has very few years to capitalize on his legend and name, and he would be a FOOL not to. I'll say it again- SAI has many employees, but what you and I call employees of SAI, they call family. Just as in OUR businesses, are the powers that direct a business not able to keep their people employed? Was SAI as a company only started to be a short run business until you satisfied your desire and dream to own a Shelby? No; I think I can answer that for them.

And it isn't that I have a problem with the criticism. I have some issues with things SAI has done. But I dont air them out only to whine. If I can think of a solution I think fits both sides, I forward that idea to the person that can do something about it. If not, I keep MY problems to MYSELF.

If Gordy and others had simply stated, SAI is going in the wrong direction for a sustained long term business model IMHO, and I think they should be doing a,b,c, then I wouldn't have a problem with that at all. But all I get out of reading the comment is "CS is a sellout for producing cars that are selling because it affects my ability to feel elite". Sorry, but your license plate doesn't exactly play down the fact that this car to you is an ego booster. And I cant just let that comment slide. I bite my tongue on the babbling spouting craptacular political posts that are about as enlightening as a Korean language instruction sheet packed with my last camcorder, but not here, not on this subject. I guess I got it backwards; I should be fighting with the rest in the off topic forum about how bad Bush was or how bad Obama is...they both suck my exhaust...nuff said. I still cant believe more people arent chiming in to protect CS and this attack on him, but will spend hours talking political banter on nonsense. If I am in the minority, then so be it.

After rereading the whole thing, I probably owe an apology to Gordy and Sharabi and one other guy here for my harshness in how I attacked their responses, but I dont know Gordy, and I saw he had less than 100 posts, and I, like many here, give strength in comments and respect in how many posts you have. But I was new once too, and I never would have made such a statement when trying to build a reputation here. Gordy, you are right about one thing. It IS about the money to them. It is our passion and hobby. It is their BUSINESS, even if they enjoy it and are doing it off work as their hobby too; And business should always be about the money.

Now, this comment Shelbypowered made about how his car looks faster than mine? Well, there is only one way to find out! :shift: And THAT is what this website, Shelby, and US should be about!

No need to apology at all, just an open debate and i been around here enough to know you have very good posts i enjoy reading, believe me the economy is taking a down spiral that we need each other more than any times i have witnessed, it is all good here.

Shelby's name has been watered down from all these models, but they don't care--it's all about the money. Nothing else. Shelby has sold himself out for the corporate cash.

To bad because he was always about performance and exclusivity.

Was the "watered down" point reached before or after you got yours?

After owning both a SGT and a GT500 i could not be satisfied driving a SGT, but that's just me. Maybe that's why Shelby has decided to offer all these options . I just would like to know how a stock 05-09 mustang GT will hold up to supercharging with no changes to the internals . Ford had to use the iron block on the 03-04 cobra cause they were destroying to many 4.6 engines in testing. I know alot of people supercharge these mustang GT's but do they last ? If people pay for these Shelby models good for Shelby. But will these mustang GT's turned Shelby get a bad rap over time cause of engine problems. Time will tell, but why not just buy a GT500 cause that 5.4 is so sweet. You can still buy a used 07-09 GT500 for less than those Shelby converted GT's.

After owning both a SGT and a GT500 i could not be satisfied driving a SGT, but that's just me. Maybe that's why Shelby has decided to offer all these options . I just would like to know how a stock 05-09 mustang GT will hold up to supercharging with no changes to the internals . Ford had to use the iron block on the 03-04 cobra cause they were destroying to many 4.6 engines in testing. I know alot of people supercharge these mustang GT's but do they last ? If people pay for these Shelby models good for Shelby. But will these mustang GT's turned Shelby get a bad rap over time cause of engine problems. Time will tell, but why not just buy a GT500 cause that 5.4 is so sweet. You can still buy a used 07-09 GT500 for less than those Shelby converted GT's.

+1

Here is the great thing

If you want to own or a be a part of Shelby histroy, you can now!

power to the people

I never thought in a million years I could own a Shelby or have my car at an Authorized Shelby Mod Shop.

They almost have one for everyone and a package for anyone's tastes!

Shelby is no longer the uber exclusive like Ferrari but most people actually still believe it is.

Hey, the bigger the community, the more friends we have and can make and the more experiences we can take with us to the grave.

You only live once

I just wish I had more money to buy them all!

Here is the great thing

power to the people

I never thought in a million years I could own a Shelby or have my car at an Authorized Shelby Mod Shop.

Shelby is no longer the uber exclusive like Ferrari but most people actually still believe it is.

Hey, the bigger the community, the more friends we have and can make and the more experiences we can take with us to the grave.

You only live once

The price for the packages will keep them limited in numbers ,which is good .

Here is the great thing

power to the people

You only live once

So very true Chuck. These are great times for car guys.

Well stated.

Excellent post!

Here is the great thing

power to the people

You only live once

+1000

+1 Chuck

We are lucky that these cars were ever made. I never thought I would get to see a car this great ever come from detroit again or have Shelby tweaking them again. Fords success with it retro Stang has forced the other to auto makers to follow suit kicking and screaming all the way.

This might be the final golden moment for v8 powered muscle cars. Breath deep and ejoy the smell of burning rubber :happy feet:

I dont begrudge Mr Sheby anything, I hope he makes a ton of dough. He has brought a lot of happiness into my life. I hope as many others as possible get the chance to own something he's been a part of.

Mr. Shelby has always been a Hi Speed enabler, not really about exclusivity. Not everyone wants a 500+ hp Mustang but I'm glad for those of us that do there is a Mr Shelby.

KC666

:rockon:

+1 Chuck

We are lucky that these cars were ever made. I never thought I would get to see a car this great ever come from detroit again or have Shelby tweaking them again. Fords success with it retro Stang has forced the other to auto makers to follow suit kicking and screaming all the way.

This might be the final golden moment for v8 powered muscle cars. Breath deep and ejoy the smell of burning rubber :happy feet:

I dont begrudge Mr Sheby anything, I hope he makes a ton of dough. He has brought a lot of happiness into my life. I hope as many others as possible get the chance to own something he's been a part of.

Mr. Shelby has always been a Hi Speed enabler, not really about exclusivity. Not everyone wants a 500+ hp Mustang but I'm glad for those of us that do there is a Mr Shelby.

KC666

Nice post, and if you factor in the population numbers compared to the sixties, the all done run for the model 07-09 of 30k some is not large by any means.

+1 Chuck

KC666

:shift:

I guess I am glad CS has been able to continue the great Shelby program and I thank him as well as ford for getting together to make the gt 500 but I still like the idea of aftermarket parts from different dealers for upgrades- a jlt intake- a metco pulley- a good matching tune- a gear change- lower control arms with the upper as well- some drag radials mts of course- Kind of a hodge podge mix of products to make the car like it could have been when it left the factory- tune to control mods- pulley for extra boost and power- air intake to help her breath- gears to get some extra get up and go off the line- mts to hook up the beast- I guess I have turned a blind eye to some of his work and modifcations although it has nothing to do with how much money money he makes or his success. He is also bringing in new ideas that we can all use rather we use his upgrades or not. I guess it seemed crazy to me to see so many offerings for our cars but after following this topic it is apparent I was wrong. I think I have my car to where I want it without changing the badges but I guess she will be just called the Shelby with aftermarket mods. I hope Carrol She;by lives a continued happy life and prospers in all his endevors. Without ford listening and working with CS I would not have had my gt 500. Ford deserves some credit for keeping an open mind and for being smart enought to use the Shelby name and have the good sense to know what that name means to the car world. What CS does with the cars after they leave the ford plant is amazing but some of the little things we do can wake up the horses right from the factory. Either way is good as long as it is a Shelby.

Archived