TEAM SHELBY FORUM

iPhone 3.0

For you iPhone users who may be interested in knowing more about the 3.0 software which is being released tomorrow, I came across a good article about it....

http://www.ismashphone.com/2009/06/how_to_...f_iphone_3.html

Cool article. I am looking forward to this update.

Shame that AT&T is behind the curve on MMS messages though. Pretty stupid of them if you ask me.

I agree!!

Seeing I work here I've been using it for two weeks without a problem though getting used to the final swipe to the search screen has taken some getting used to! The new "Find Me" is pretty cool! Never mind finding a lost phone, but especially if you have kids!

Just downloaded and installed. I like the copy feature. And I can't wait for AT&T to get the picture messages going.

Any validity to the rumor that the Iphone will be offered through Verizon next year?

Too early to tell. There's always rumors but I think that Verizon would have to offer Apple a really sweet deal as that would leave all of the current Iphone users alittle upset. I'm not sure that would be a wise move for AT&T and Apple to move carriers at this point.

What I could see happening easier, is that the IPhone would no longer be exclusive to AT&T.

Any validity to the rumor that the Iphone will be offered through Verizon next year?

I truly hope so...as AT&T absolutely BLOWS....whats their catch phrase...More Bars in Less Places...I love the tools the handheld offers, but the service...I've been a cel phone user since the days of the "phone in a bag", and I don't think i've ever had this many dropped calls...and I'm not the only one complaining...EVERYONE I know has the same comment. Also read consumer reports, it has AT&T ranked dead last nationwide...

Of course, they don't tell you that the data is always uploading so when you're in a foreign country, and your email is constantly uploading, you come home from a 4 days trip and have a tidy $1700 bill waiting for you, the AT&T agent tells me, and I quote..." yes all of our customers has this problem" but if you sign up for the BIG Unlimited $170 month deal, they'll make an adjustment...BS, I sign up and climb thru one manager after another and still get gang raped....Rant Over

I'll glady throw the phone thru AT&T's plate glass window (just not in Joker45's jurisdiction) and go get a new iPhone from Verizon (assuming they get on board)..OK, rant over for real...

Just downloaded and installed. I like the copy feature. And I can't wait for AT&T to get the picture messages going.

Too early to tell. There's always rumors but I think that Verizon would have to offer Apple a really sweet deal as that would leave all of the current Iphone users alittle upset. I'm not sure that would be a wise move for AT&T and Apple to move carriers at this point.

What I could see happening easier, is that the IPhone would no longer be exclusive to AT&T.

This is what I was talking about; not moving to one new carrier.

I truly hope so...as AT&T absolutely BLOWS....whats their catch phrase...More Bars in Less Places...I love the tools the handheld offers, but the service...I've been a cel phone user since the days of the "phone in a bag", and I don't think i've ever had this many dropped calls...and I'm not the only one complaining...EVERYONE I know has the same comment. Also read consumer reports, it has AT&T ranked dead last nationwide...

Of course, they don't tell you that the data is always uploading so when you're in a foreign country, and your email is constantly uploading, you come home from a 4 days trip and have a tidy $1700 bill waiting for you, the AT&T agent tells me, and I quote..." yes all of our customers has this problem" but if you sign up for the BIG Unlimited $170 month deal, they'll make an adjustment...BS, I sign up and climb thru one manager after another and still get gang raped....Rant Over

I'll glady throw the phone thru AT&T's plate glass window (just not in Joker45's jurisdiction) and go get a new iPhone from Verizon (assuming they get on board)..OK, rant over for real...

What? You don't like the GSM network? :hysterical3:

That is just wrong charging you for all of that stuff. I've had good luck with them most of the time and I've been with them for about 9 years now. But I don't travel like you do Tom. I also think you have to turn off the "Push" feature that automaticlly retrieves data. But $1700 is just stupid for 4 days. Crap, that's all the money I want for mods right now.

Even if he knows he can't tell. Apple has a no tolerance policy regarding leaks. Probably not a good thing to put it up on the forum.

Have they fixed the spell check / word suggest feature? It is almost as lame as the lack of MMS messaging.

Even if he knows he can't tell. Apple has a no tolerance policy regarding leaks. Probably not a good thing to put it up on the forum.

Who are you talking about getting in trouble? Jeff works as a managed services manager, and I was directing the question to anyone. I really don't expect Jeff to answer.

Read this:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/04/...e-next-year.ars

4G baby! Then let's talk again.

I stopped getting too excited about upgrades / enhancements like this some time ago because no matter which one you get there's always another something-newer-and-improved around the corner! It's like cars! However - My iPhone is about a year old now so I figure maybe when a 4G is available I may upgrade...or I might wait one more year for a 5G which will no doubt be coming as well. These iPhones are incredible instruments.

As for AT&T comments, I've used about 3 different services and they all seem to be the same on average. I don't really have a problem w/ AT&T and I travel quite a bit.

Archived