TEAM SHELBY FORUM

THE DESTRUCTION OF THE USA.

Don't know if the predictions that this man has said are accurate or not but I do believe we are in the last days the Bible talks about . Much of what he said is totaly possible and quite likely to happen given the economic climate and Goddless direction this country has been on and continues to follow.

Especially with the current leadership running this country today.

Think about it America, what is your personal relationship with His Son Jesus and what path have you decided to follow. Believe it or not this man is sounding an alarm of warning for America the same alarm found in the bible....a call to repentance ,rightousness , humility and honor to God and His son Jesus.

If nothing else think of this as a wakeup call ....I do.

Respectfully,

George...

You read all that?

This is why I gave up on religion 30+ years ago.

We're supposed to be trained to be "perfect" so we can be accepted into a euphoric afterlife that NOBODY knows exists........ wow!

That's why?

Who's trained to be perfect?

Religion is training, Spirituality is Faith, IMHO.

Dan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this needs to be locked before it gets ugly.

As long as people are not taking personal jabs at each other....it will stay open.

Let's respect each others opinions even know we may not agree with them.

Remember what your Mom taught you.

Hey, I am not a big religous fan but it seems that this world is out of control and if I was God it would be time for a good house cleaning. It reminds me of this fictional book that, I have read about the earth being cleansed of all evil and ill minded people. The good people were left alone and to protect the children and raise them to be better people than themselves. I will try and find the name of book it's a great story makes really think !!!

I know most of you think my mind filled with nuts but next time your out in public take a good look how people act towards each other. I was raised with manners and being polite and still practice that way but it amazes me that how many people are rude and uncaring of each others manners or politeness. Children killing there own parents over home work !!! Next time you hold a door open for someone see if they say thank you.

People had manners beacause they did not want to get smacked, now they can be rude and there is no consequences as we live in a police state...

As long as people are not taking personal jabs at each other....it will stay open.

Let's respect each others opinions even know we may not agree with them.

Remember what your Mom taught you.

My mom was an exotic dancer. :happy feet:

Hey, I am not a big religous fan but it seems that this world is out of control and if I was God it would be time for a good house cleaning. It reminds me of this fictional book that, I have read about the earth being cleansed of all evil and ill minded people. The good people were left alone and to protect the children and raise them to be better people than themselves. I will try and find the name of book it's a great story makes really think !!!

I know most of you think my mind filled with nuts but next time your out in public take a good look how people act towards each other. I was raised with manners and being polite and still practice that way but it amazes me that how many people are rude and uncaring of each others manners or politeness. Children killing there own parents over home work !!! Next time you hold a door open for someone see if they say thank you.

Exactly!

Reminds me of Bill Cosby's bit on that. If you get in accident you'll have soiled underwear, because first you say it and then you do it.

I guess the best thing we can do is to help one another get to heaven...ultimately isn't that the goal.

This place is just a stepping stone on way to our final destination. Enjoy it while we're here.

We'll never be here again.

ItalianStallion

I guess the best thing we can do is to help one another get to heaven...ultimately isn't that the goal.

This place is just a stepping stone on way to our final destination. Enjoy it while we're here.

We'll never be here again.

ItalianStallion

And we factually know this how? Is there a heaven? Hell? or any form of afterlife? Only one way to find out. To die. Since none of us here have died I think we can only assume this the case. I prefer tangiable facts and not assumptions.

Having said all that even my kids say thank you when someone holds the door open for them. I'm afraid if our kids are not polite we are to blame for not teaching manners and not society.

And we factually know this how? Is there a heaven? Hell? or any form of afterlife? Only one way to find out. To die. Since none of us here have died I think we can only assume this the case. I prefer tangiable facts and not assumptions.

Having said all that even my kids say thank you when someone holds the door open for them. I'm afraid if our kids are not polite we are to blame for not teaching manners and not society.

Paul,

Good to see you bud. Did you get the stripes on your hood?

We have missed you around here.

Rob

What proof is there that heaven doesn't exist. This can work both ways.

IS

Okay - my 2c. Flamesuit is on.

1. I think some people believe in heaven to keep them from fearing death. The belief brings them comfort.

2. The ten commandments were thought up by some folks who wanted to try and have people act reasonable to each other. If they don't - there's the threat of hell.

Both of these ideas are fine to me. If believing a certain way brings one comfort - then believe by all means. If a fear of hell keeps one from lopping off someone's head - great. Fear hell.

My problem with organized religion(s) is how much suffering and destruction of lives has resulted from the beliefs therein for centuries - and even today.

I don't blame any God if things don't go my way - and I don't give any God credit if they do.

Just my 2c.

PS - I do believe that everything in the universe has a connection. I don't think we've learned that connection yet. And I further think we're arrogant to think we have. Too many "bibles" floating around planet Earth for One to be the nonfiction version.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed. [emphasis mine]

For you that do not believe, let me put it this way:

If we are wrong and you are right, we are out nothing.

If you are wrong and we are right, you suffer the consequences of your decision...forever.

Fortunately, we live where we are free to believe the way that we want to believe. I prefer to believe that I'm much more than simply a chemical reaction.

You read all that?

That's why?

Who's trained to be perfect?

Religion is training, Spirituality is Faith, IMHO.

Dan

Yes I did Dan but more importantly I have read the Bible quite a bit more .

Some here have labeled me a "nut "(not you Dan) for believing the Bible is God's word and putting my faith in the words written therein and Jesus Christ God's only son.

That's OK but when judgment day arrives ,perhaps the one who rejects God's word here and now will consider that rejection differently but unfortunately it will be too late.

I urge everyone to look at the signs of the times in the world we live in . One would have to conclude the world is getting worse and we may very well be on the brink of something terrible unlike the world has ever seen.

This absolutely lines up with Bible prophesy about the end times, concidence?...I think not.

God's 'door to salvation is still open today it may be closed tomorrow....and Yes it will take faith to believe in that salvation , faith in God's word not man's.

Respectfully,

George...

Something non-believers can believe in!

obummermoney.jpg

obamablltw6.gif

Why portray "non-believers" this way? This post negates their right to believe or not believe - and judges them for not believing. Or - is this slam post just your 2c? :lurk:

By the way, feel free to address my ealier post - directly! :hysterical:

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed. [emphasis mine]

If you are wrong and we are right, you suffer the consequences of your decision...forever.

Fortunately, we live where we are free to believe the way that we want to believe. I prefer to believe that I'm much more than simply a chemical reaction.

I heard it this way (basically the same as yours) Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed by the French philosopher Blaise Pascal that even though the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a person should wager as though God exists, because so living has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. I have always been intrigued by it. Of couse, God will know if a person has accepted Him truly and completely so I would define the wager a little differently.

Jim

I heard it this way (basically the same as yours) Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed by the French philosopher Blaise Pascal that even though the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a person should wager as though God exists, because so living has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. I have always been intrigued by it. Of couse, God will know if a person has accepted Him truly and completely so I would define the wager a little differently.

Jim

Agreed, you have to mean it. I wasn't writing that as a wager. I put it out there because we were not afforded the luxury of seeing Jesus in person: therefore, it's more remarkable that we believe.

Agreed, you have to mean it. I wasn't writing that as a wager. I put it out there because we were not afforded the luxury of seeing Jesus in person: therefore, it's more remarkable that we believe.

Amen to that, Stump.

Jim

Okay - my 2c. Flamesuit is on.

1. I think some people believe in heaven to keep them from fearing death. The belief brings them comfort.

2. The ten commandments were thought up by some folks who wanted to try and have people act reasonable to each other. If they don't - there's the threat of hell.

Both of these ideas are fine to me. If believing a certain way brings one comfort - then believe by all means. If a fear of hell keeps one from lopping off someone's head - great. Fear hell.

My problem with organized religion(s) is how much suffering and destruction of lives has resulted from the beliefs therein for centuries - and even today.

I don't blame any God if things don't go my way - and I don't give any God credit if they do.

Just my 2c.

PS - I do believe that everything in the universe has a connection. I don't think we've learned that connection yet. And I further think we're arrogant to think we have. Too many "bibles" floating around planet Earth for One to be the nonfiction version.

Question Ruf.

Recently (2 weeks ago) you told me you would pray for my family because of the terrible thing that is happening to my son.

Who were you praying to?

Paul,

Good to see you bud. Did you get the stripes on your hood?

We have missed you around here.

Rob

Doing well Rob. No, still no stripes, was trying today to get the hood painted and the stripes installed before Tulsa. may have them on but most likely not. At least it'll be easier to spot me. :)

What proof is there that heaven doesn't exist. This can work both ways.

IS

Absolutely. That is my point. I live my life to the fullest here. If there is in fact an afterlife I'll deal with that when the time comes.

How so? What consequences? Anything documented?

Keep this thought if I'm right though.

I've had one mother of a good ride without any afterlife fears. if you've passed up on any will you have any regrets then?

personally, I am more afraid of getting old and dependent on people and not be self sufficient than I am of dying. It's inevitable so why sweat it.

As for slamming those that do not believe, I think that's petty. I don't believe and that's my view and feelings. I have no idea what you're referring to with the Obama thing as I am Canadian.

I don't pray, go to Church, Confessions or anything religion based despite being born into a strict Catholic family. I can however do one mother of a burnout! and considering this is a car site I think that's all good.

024.jpg

Archived