TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Today is 65th Anniversary of D-Day

Please lets not forget the brave men from all countries that

stormed the beaches in Normandy 65 years ago today....

We owe them all for the freedom we have today.

God Bless them All. :salute::salute::salute::salute:

Not very many of these REAL heroes left. When I think of what people think a hero is using today's standards I just laugh at such idiots....its these older folks who managed to make it out of WWII alive and those who didn't that are what the definition of a real HERO is. To them I give my :salute:

Not some moron that can pass or hit balls or some crazy ass car driver that can drive around a circle or down a straight 1/4 track or some musician or hollywood celebrity....to these morons I given them the 1-finger salute ..|.. because they don't contribute jack-sh*t to anything but entertainment.

+1 :salute::salute::salute:

Not very many of these REAL heroes left. When I think of what people think a hero is using today's standards I just laugh at such idiots....its these older folks who managed to make it out of WWII alive and those who didn't that are what the definition of a real HERO is. To them I give my :salute:

Not some moron that can pass or hit balls or some crazy ass car driver that can drive around a circle or down a straight 1/4 track or some musician or hollywood celebrity....to these morons I given them the 1-finger salute ..|.. because they don't contribute jack-sh*t to anything but entertainment.

And real Heroes they were...I am embarrased to say that it was my uncle who landed

On Juno beach 65 years ago today that reminded of this day.

And real Heroes they were...I am embarrased to say that it was my uncle who landed

On Juno beach 65 years ago today that reminded of this day.

My Dad was one of the Charlie's who parachuted in the night before the beach landing. Unfortunately he died 8 months ago loosing a war with cancer. But I will always love him and carry his persona as part of my memory....

I :salute: and love you Dad.....may you, the rightous warrior, be sleeping peacefully within the Lord Jesus Christ.....

My Dad was one of the Charlie's who parachuted in the night before the beach landing. Unfortunately he died 8 months ago loosing a war with cancer. But I will always love him and carry his persona as part of my memory....

I :salute: and love you Dad.....may you, the rightous warrior, be sleeping peacefully within the Lord Jesus Christ.....

Here's to your Dad. :salute:

Mea Culpa but this is the first time I have seen this today. I rarely agree with Tom Brokaw but he named that group the GREATEST GENERATION, and he was right. Sadly their history is passing before our very eyes as over 1,000 WW II vets die per day. They did their part to save the entire world from tyranny and now they are passing. May God Speed all. My dad was with the Army 8th Air Force and died 20 years ago. I also rarely agree with obama but he made excellent remarks yesterday at the ceremony. Very fitting, very appropriate. And they came home and just put the war and what they did behind them and went on from the war to building this into the greatest country in the history of the world. We can never repay them. Only pay them homage.

I had the opportunity to visit Normandy and it gave me chills standing on the beach looking up at the gun fortifications knowing that so many died for our freedom. Also visited the cemetary where thousands of soldiers lay in rest.

I salute all service men and women for the sacrifices they have made for our freedom. I am proud of everyone of them. I am retired AF and a proud Marine dad. We have so much to be thankful for. :salute:

Mea Culpa but this is the first time I have seen this today. I rarely agree with Tom Brokaw but he named that group the GREATEST GENERATION, and he was right. Sadly their history is passing before our very eyes as over 1,000 WW II vets die per day. They did their part to save the entire world from tyranny and now they are passing. May God Speed all. My dad was with the Army 8th Air Force and died 20 years ago. I also rarely agree with obama but he made excellent remarks yesterday at the ceremony. Very fitting, very appropriate. And they came home and just put the war and what they did behind them and went on from the war to building this into the greatest country in the history of the world. We can never repay them. Only pay them homage.

Very well said 69...I had 3 uncles serve in WW II...One still lives not far from me

I talk to him almost every day...But to this day he don't talk about the war much.

I called my grandpa yesterday just to chat, I think of him everyday, but Saturday June 6th 2009 was a special day, a day I know he would appreciate getting a call.

We chatted for 30 minutes, I was sure to bring up how proud I am that he served with the second infantry division (indian head), landed on Normandy beach, fought in the battle of the bulge, was one of the units to liberate camps outside Auchwitz.......

we owe a debt of gratitude to the those who fought galantly in that glorious campaign......

and they all have my undying gratitude.

:salute::salute::salute:

Very well said 69...I had 3 uncles serve in WW II...One still lives not far from me

I talk to him almost every day...But to this day he don't talk about the war much.

I also lost an uncle. He was on the USS Franklin close to the end of the war.

Alot of those brave souls came back home mentally broken...The sad part

some never completely recoverd...You watch them on Remembrance Day

Even now in their 80's they stand tall and brave but they still cry.

We will never understand what they whent through...Our job is to never forget

Them.

Alot of those brave souls came back home mentally broken...The sad part

some never completely recoverd...You watch them on Remembrance Day

Even now in their 80's they stand tall and brave but they still cry.

We will never understand what they whent through...Our job is to never forget

Them.

Amen! :salute:

My Grandfather landed at Utah beach that morning June 6th. He's been gone now 20 years and the only thing he ever said about that day was "I was lucky to make it home with just a limp".

Marji and I were fortunate enough to visit Normandy a few years ago. I stood above the beach, with the gun placements behind me and tears running down my face.

May God bless those that serve our counties armed forces, past and present.

It's sad that only 7 people out of all on the TS forum responded to this post.

The old WW II vets deserve better. :(

We can never allow them to be forgotten. :salute:

I didn't see this until today (I'm home sick today and just catching up).

I had the opportunity to know several real WWII combat vets. Dick who was a colonel at D-Day landing and survived, and Frank who saw the FIRST flag being raised at Iwo Jima, and one of the original 29 Navajo Code Talkers lives in near by Longmont.

Remember though that as we lose the soldiers we are also losing the first-person history of the survivors of the Holocaust. It is this that may have the most profound effect on the future.

It's sad that only 7 people out of all on the TS forum responded to this post.

The old WW II vets deserve better. :(

We can never allow them to be forgotten. :salute:

There were actually two threads on this

I didn't see this until today (I'm home sick today and just catching up).

I had the opportunity to know several real WWII combat vets. Dick who was a colonel at D-Day landing and survived, and Frank who saw the FIRST flag being raised at Iwo Jima, and one of the original 29 Navajo Code Talkers lives in near by Longmont.

Remember though that as we lose the soldiers we are also losing the first-person history of the survivors of the Holocaust. It is this that may have the most profound effect on the future.

The Holocaust should never be forgotten ether.

It's up to us to keep the young people from forgetting.

Archived