TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our Beautiful America!

August 3rd my wife and I are flying into Kalispell(?) MT, visiting Glacier NP and then renting a convertible and driving back to TX via Yellowstone and other things one must see in their lifetime. :happy feet:

Hopefully I'll get to see some of those sights because as I learned from visiting the Grand Canyon, no matter how beautiful a pic might be it does not compare to the actual scene itself.

Great pictures.

I have been to most states and most National parks and Mounuments, as well some State parks. I have seen some of the most spectactlar scenery and had great experiences. We took a 5 week, 10,000 mile road trip after college. Our country offers an incredible diversity in natural and man made sights. Just get a road atlas and a highlighter.

Before a person decides to spend his travel money abroad, consider staying in the USA. It will help our economy, something we all need. Here in Utah we have 5 Naional parks and several more National monuments less than a days drive from the Salt Lake airport. In our surrounding states, the Grand Canyon, Grand Teton and Yellowstone are also less than a day away. These parks offer everything from Sonoran desert scenery to high Alpine meadows and everything in between.

Get out see something in our own backyard. :salute:

Great pictures.

I have been to most states and most National parks and Mounuments, as well some State parks. I have seen some of the most spectactlar scenery and had great experiences. We took a 5 week, 10,000 mile road trip after college. Our country offers an incredible diversity in natural and man made sights. Just get a road atlas and a highlighter.

Before a person decides to spend his travel money abroad, consider staying in the USA. It will help our economy, something we all need. Here in Utah we have 5 Naional parks and several more National monuments less than a days drive from the Salt Lake airport. In our surrounding states, the Grand Canyon, Grand Teton and Yellowstone are also less than a day away. These parks off everything from Sonoran desert scenery to high Alpine meadows and everything in between.

Get out see something in our own backyard. :salute:

amen brother.

Stump, My family spent three weeks in Yellowstone, Teton and Colorado last August. It was incredible to say the least. If you hike/backpack I HIGHLY recommend Paintbrush Divide in the Tetons. We do live in the greatest country on the planet!

August 3rd my wife and I are flying into Kalispell(?) MT, visiting Glacier NP and then renting a convertible and driving back to TX via Yellowstone and other things one must see in their lifetime. :happy feet:

Hopefully I'll get to see some of those sights because as I learned from visiting the Grand Canyon, no matter how beautiful a pic might be it does not compare to the actual scene itself.

Have a good trip. Yellowstone is my favorite place :drool: I hope you plan to spend more than one day there. It is a lot bigger than a map might show. It is on a high plateau so the temps are cooler than you found at the Grand Canyon. I can honestly say I have never gone to Yellowstone and/or Jackson that I haven't been sleeted or snowed on, even in July and August.

If you are able, there are some really neat pools, etc. on short relatively flat walks from parking areas. It is well worth the time. In mid August, the buffalo migrate out of the park towards Cody WY. We had to sit in the truck for almost 30 minutes to let a herd cross the main road between the East and North entrance a few years ago. Really a cool thing to see. We also saw moose, elk, bald eagles, osprey and a few of the wolves that were re-introduced to the part several years back.

There are photos we didn't take because we knew they would be like being there after we printed them at home.

Have a good trip. Yellowstone is my favorite place :drool: I hope you plan to spend more than one day there. It is a lot bigger than a map might show. It is on a high plateau so the temps are cooler than you found at the Grand Canyon. I can honestly say I have never gone to Yellowstone and/or Jackson that I haven't been sleeted or snowed on, even in July and August.

If you are able, there are some really neat pools, etc. on short relatively flat walks from parking areas. It is well worth the time. In mid August, the buffalo migrate out of the park towards Cody WY. We had to sit in the truck for almost 30 minutes to let a herd cross the main road between the East and North entrance a few years ago. Really a cool thing to see. We also saw moose, elk, bald eagles, osprey and a few of the wolves that were re-introduced to the part several years back.

There are photos we didn't take because we knew they would be like being there after we printed them at home.

And to think......you traded in Jersey for all that! :hysterical::hysterical:

we have so many here from different States and places from around the globe, I thought I should post this......

enjoy.

http://oldbluewebdesigns.com/mybeautifulamerica.htm

Tiz a beautiful country Wick...I've loved every place I've been to in the U.S

so far...Just picked up my plane tickets for Vegas today...Bet I'll like that trip also

Plan on driving to California. :happy feet:

Tiz a beautiful country Wick...I've loved every place I've been to in the U.S

so far...Just picked up my plane tickets for Vegas today...Bet I'll like that trip also

Plan on driving to California. :happy feet:

Its a short drive to the dam at the Arizona border from Vegas, dont miss doing this, they will soon close the dam to all vehicle traffic.

Driving across and walking back over was a great time.

Archived