TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Harley Davidson

I finally got a Harley :happy feet: :happy feet:

Every year I get the bug but this year I ran into a deal to good to pass on, hell my TVS cost more! :hysterical: I know it's a "chick bike" but I'm really a beginner on the street so this will be a great bike to learn on! I know there's a lot of TS members who have Harley's so let see them!

Here's my 2004 883 with 654 miles on it!

DSCN1544.jpg

DSCN1546.jpg

Every year I get the bug but this year I ran into a deal to good to pass on, hell my TVS cost more! :hysterical: I know it's a "chick bike" but I'm really a beginner on the street so this will be a great bike to learn on! I know there's a lot of TS members who have Harley's so let see them!

DSCN1544.jpg

DSCN1546.jpg

Here's my 2003 100th Anniversary Ultra. Matches my 2007 Ebony/Tungsten GT500!!!DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

Congrats mr4th! Nice looking 883. I'm putting an 81 Old School Bobber together for my wife's birthday. (She doesn't know yet) See if they have Abate classes youcan attend. Good riding tips.

DSCN1544.jpg

DSCN1546.jpg

post-19899-1242125995_thumb.jpg

post-19899-1242125995_thumb.jpg

Wait,....WTF??!?? Is that a tank in your garage??

Actually the tank in my garage is my Avitar. My wife and I collect military vehicles and 6 of them are armored. That one you noticed is just an armored scout car. :D

Congrats on your new bike, they're awesome, just watch for all of the knuckleheads that don't pay attention.

Here are pics of the two Harleys I just sold. :cry: However, I still have the Buell and a Triumph Bonneville.

I Don't know if I can make it fly for this year, but my plan is to get the BMW K1200GT. I like the Harleys, but my mood has changed...

Softail_deluxe.jpg

2003_Glide.jpg

2007_BMW_K1200GT.jpg

Softail_deluxe.jpg

2003_Glide.jpg

2007_BMW_K1200GT.jpg

Congrats mr4th! Nice looking 883. I'm putting an 81 Old School Bobber together for my wife's birthday. (She doesn't know yet) See if they have Abate classes you can attend. Good riding tips.

Yes Sir ... I'm signed up for a late June Penn Dot motorcycle school. Great thing about the course is you earn your license when you've completed it !

For those who have been teasing me about my "chick" bike ..... Yep you were right! I put about 100 miles on it the last two days and I feel like a gorilla on a tricycle! ... I need a MANS bike!

When I rode my wife's 1200 Sportster home I weighed 370 lb and she said it looked like I was riding a kids mini-bike. Now at 6'2" and 220, it still feels and looks small for me.

Nobody makes a Boss look small, 5'7" woman:

SarahBoss.jpg

Does this count? It's my custom painted 05' Buell Firebolt XB9R. The XB9R comes with a Thunderstorm 984cc fuel-injected air/oil/fan-cooled V-Twin engine made by Harley Davidon. The bike was awesome until I smacked it into the side of the hill.

june162005013.jpg

This is the only picture I've still got.

Yes Sir ... I'm signed up for a late June Penn Dot motorcycle school. Great thing about the course is you earn your license when you've completed it !

For those who have been teasing me about my "chick" bike ..... Yep you were right! I put about 100 miles on it the last two days and I feel like a gorilla on a tricycle! ... I need a MANS bike!

we call that looks like a monkey fcking a football

:hysterical:

I fouled up my first reply attempt and am trying to figure out how to erase.

You are a wise man for taking a riding course. I have owned 4 Harleys and grew up in the N.C. mountains where I learned to ride. I didn't take a riders course until the Army started requiring them to ride on base. I was lucky early in life - even though I rode for years I still got a lot out of the course. Had an excellent instructor.

If you carry a passenger you are doing them a favor! My instructor did know I had some experience and he focused on braking techniques for me. I was under the impression that front brakes were dangerous (gravel on curves in the mountains) but he got me up to speed on proper use of front and rear brakes. I can stop much better than I ever thought I could in shorter distances.

I have too many friends who refuse to take a course even though they have ridden for years - it shows! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived