TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Say It Ain't So...

We have been thinking about replacing my wife's 2004 Gran Am. It is the one I hit the elk with last year and has 90K miles on it. The repair job looks like new but we both know the car isn't going to last forever.

I was thinking along the lines of a 2005+ used Mustang of some sort. I know I couldn't become a 2 Shelby family like Wicked did. I've seen some good deals lately on the GT and V8s. I'd settle for a V6 that I could play with.

Now my wife of 40 years this coming November announces at the last cruise night how much she likes the looks of the new Corvette and how good she would look in one. :eek5: You know how passionate I am about the SGT and Mustangs in general. After all, we met in 1968 in my mother's 1967 Mustang hardtop. :drool: The rest is history.

Some how I can't picture my SGT sharing a garage with a Vette. What's a guy to do?? :headscratch:

We have been thinking about replacing my wife's 2004 Gran Am. It is the one I hit the elk with last year and has 90K miles on it. The repair job looks like new but we both know the car isn't going to last forever.

I was thinking along the lines of a 2005+ used Mustang of some sort. I know I couldn't become a 2 Shelby family like Wicked did. I've seen some good deals lately on the GT and V8s. I'd settle for a V6 that I could play with.

Now my wife of 40 years this coming November announces at the last cruise night how much she likes the looks of the new Corvette and how good she would look in one. :eek5: You know how passionate I am about the SGT and Mustangs in general. After all, we met in 1968 in my mother's 1967 Mustang hardtop. :drool: The rest is history.

Some how I can't picture my SGT sharing a garage with a Vette. What's a guy to do?? :headscratch:

Thats how it started with us.....a passing remark,.....I pursued it and here we are.

GO FOR IT!

If you can get the Vette, get the car that makes her HAPPY AND car crazy, her happiness is your ultimate goal, brand loyalty has no bearing

in this equation IMO.

I never thought Dale would be car crazy about any vehicle, I just got lucky it ended up being a Shelby, if it had been a suburu,

that would be in my driveway....

It stops being her dream if you impose your parameters on it,

let her have her dream, the car that makes her go ......"wow".......

make her happy Erik, she is now one of us, car crazy to the core............

just my side of it buddy.........

you know what they say -when momma is happy everybody is happy good luck with your decision

Archived