TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FYI 2010 info from my dealer

Bish

Well the GT's and V6's come down the same line as the GT500's and they are shipping out so unless its one perticular thing that AA makes for the GT500 and not the GT's then im not sure.

I am not 100% on this so maybe someone else can chime in but I beleive AA makes the rear end which is unique to the gt500.

I am almost 100% sure this has to do with the UAW strike regarding the American Axle plant. I dont want to turn this into a political thread but the geniuses at UAW thought by striking for 90 days that AA would give in to union demands. Well AA has moved production to Mexico because of the UAW and this strike costing AA so much money

The UAWs pathetic plight is more economic than political if you are willing to ignore their blind support of the current liberal administration.

The UAW has been succesfully "negotiating" their rank and file membership right out of work for years now. They are apparently incapable of comprehending the realities of the world economy that has been upon us since the later part of the previous century. Dinosaurs destined for extinction at their own hands.

Thanks for the info, some of us here are stretching for any information we can get.

There have been several posts stating cars are sitting on trailers at the Ford Plant,or in the storage yard on hold.can they build a car and move it into storgae without an axle?/Just curious.BTW heres a link to an article on he AA strike --- http://seekingalpha.com/article/67124-amer...s-manufacturing

There have been several posts stating cars are sitting on trailers at the Ford Plant,or in the storage yard on hold.can they build a car and move it into storgae without an axle?/Just curious.BTW heres a link to an article on he AA strike --- http://seekingalpha.com/article/67124-amer...s-manufacturing

I was told that the delay was due to AA and that some of the sourced axles were not up to quality standards causing the hold. I dont know how good of a source my information was but it sounds plausible.

Like I said I am not 100% on this and if I am wrong I will admit it.

I was told that the delay was due to AA and that some of the sourced axles were not up to quality standards causing the hold. I dont know how good of a source my information was but it sounds plausible.

Like I said I am not 100% on this and if I am wrong I will admit it.

I think more than likely youre right--is the axle on the GT500 a new design--i know its a 2 piece aluminum deal,also know its harder to hold tolerances with aluminum,so could be rigth.If it is true, may be a real headache for the first buyers,like me.

Yeah, I think you're confusing the axle with the drive shaft.

My bad--would the driveshaft and axle come from AA.Although from todays posts it looks like they'll be starting building this week again.

I was in a union for years and a manager of union employees too. I didn't like it from either end and have purposely never worked in a union environment since then. I like small companies with little bureaucracy and politics, ideas come quick to fruition, management and direct labor work as a team and where you’re rewarded for your performance and contributions. Didn't mean to turn this into a politcal thread...I'm waiting for my 2010 too and don't even have a vin yet.

I was told by my dealer today that my build date is today 4/27 and he expects it to be delivered in 3 weeks. He said that there are no delay/hold notifications.

Hate to tell you this but your dealer hasn't a clue. They have the same screen as Ford reps you call and neither knows about the delivery date, what he told you was the normal shipping time but there are Mustangs and Shelbys sitting on the lots at the factory and are not being shipped. I heard there was possibly an EPA issue.

Cobra09

from the rep :: cars are delayed because of tune changes now required because of pcm recalibration to cure engine knock which was occurring at high temperatures. As a result all gt500's needed the new tune to fix this issue and will be shipped shortly as this project is completed.

Hate to tell you this but your dealer hasn't a clue. They have the same screen as Ford reps you call and neither knows about the delivery date, what he told you was the normal shipping time but there are Mustangs and Shelbys sitting on the lots at the factory and are not being shipped. I heard there was possibly an EPA issue.

Cobra09

Last week of May does not sound too unreasonable to me.

Here they are hearing 2-4 weeks as well. Me? I don't care when mine gets here as long as I see it within the next couple months I'm good. When I placed my order I was told it would not be here until Aug/Sept due to the HID hold, so anytime this summer is much early then I expected. I still need to clear up some space......anybody wanna buy a boat in Kansas City?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelb...ate-rumors.html

Hopefully the tune issue was true and a thing of the past because mines scheduled to be built tommorow and hopefully shipped soon.

Well, I heard the ones built before tomorrow are faster! Especially the ones that were built before tomorrow and are black.

from the rep :: cars are delayed because of tune changes now required because of pcm recalibration to cure engine knock which was occurring at high temperatures. As a result all gt500's needed the new tune to fix this issue and will be shipped shortly as this project is completed.

Hello, Hope you are right.

However, just looked at the status list at my Ford Dealer and it showed even standard Mustangs being as shipping to be determined same as Shelby. Just wish they would get them fixed and shipped, been built since March.

Cobra09

From my dealer today:

"Good Morining James, there is still no action on the Shelbys. I still get the message "Material Hold" and I talked to my zone rep about possible scheduling and she was not able to shed any more light on the subject than I already had. I will keep yuo informed as info is available."

From my dealer today:

"Good Morining James, there is still no action on the Shelbys. I still get the message "Material Hold" and I talked to my zone rep about possible scheduling and she was not able to shed any more light on the subject than I already had. I will keep yuo informed as info is available."

thanks for the updates, keep 'em coming

I do not have a vin# yet. I ordered my car around 3/13 with a $1K deposit.

FWIW: I'm not trying to stir the pot but I ordered my car on 4/16, NO DEPOSIT and get a VIN a week ago today, I've seen the DORA report with my name on it, but it said build date TBD, Ford customer service told me my build date was scheduled for June15th.

Do you know if your dealer actually has an allocation to sell you? I've heard of dealers taking deposits then having to make deals with other dealerships to get them the car. My smooth delaership experence makes me wonder if something funny is going on with your order.

FWIW: I'm not trying to stir the pot but I ordered my car on 4/16, NO DEPOSIT and get a VIN a week ago today, I've seen the DORA report with my name on it, but it said build date TBD, Ford customer service told me my build date was scheduled for June15th.

Do you know if your dealer actually has an allocation to sell you? I've heard of dealers taking deposits then having to make deals with other dealerships to get them the car. My smooth delaership experence makes me wonder if something funny is going on with your order.

WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS " any U.S Ford dealer can sell the gt 500 if they paid the allocation fee of $ 2000 ". SOME WHO DID NOT SO MAY ARRANGE A CAR THROUGH ANY OTHER DEALER WHO DID PAY THIS FEE. All cars and orders were delayed due to the pcm retune required and none were to be released until the mod was done. Now have being completed ; the earlier cars which have been sitting after the build will leave first and then the backlog will get built before the newest orders. This was an inconvenience to all but was done in an orderly fashion. Cars will ship shortly. If you recall even the BJ gt500 had to go back to Flatrock for " upgrades they said". In Canada we got a further complication of FOMOCO discussions between SVT dealers and some who were not such ; the intro of the RAPTOR and now we have double the SVT dealers we had 1 month ago - but in the meantime no CDN cars could be built.

All is well but we have to be patient.

It truly is amazing how every dealer and representative has a different story. No one really knows what is going on. All we can do is wait.

Regardless of what the delay is due to or the process the dealership follows to obtain a car it gives the impression they are confused when they don't provide accurate information. The automotive industry could improve the publics percecption of them by releasing tracking information. Why is it such a big secret anyway. It just makes everyone from the individual salesperson all the way up to Ford look like idiots.

Regardless of what the delay is due to or the process the dealership follows to obtain a car it gives the impression they are confused when they don't provide accurate information. The automotive industry could improve the publics percecption of them by releasing tracking information. Why is it such a big secret anyway. It just makes everyone from the individual salesperson all the way up to Ford look like idiots.

Here Here!!! Bravo!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cobra09

Archived